The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Honest review of Birmingham City University (BCU)

I’m looking to do my masters in accounting and finance at BCU and I was wondering if BCU would be the better choice? I’m an ICAEW ACA qualified chartered accountant and would like to continue my studies to achieve a PhD, therein why I’m choosing to do a masters. I’ve got three questions:

1. Are there other universities like BCU that allow qualified chartered accountants to apply for the fast track masters?
2. Is studying at BCU valuable? Or does it not matter when applying for a PhD seat?
3. What does the general student population comprise of and what are the frequent complaints about the uni?
Original post by soxo
I’m looking to do my masters in accounting and finance at BCU and I was wondering if BCU would be the better choice? I’m an ICAEW ACA qualified chartered accountant and would like to continue my studies to achieve a PhD, therein why I’m choosing to do a masters. I’ve got three questions:

1. Are there other universities like BCU that allow qualified chartered accountants to apply for the fast track masters?
2. Is studying at BCU valuable? Or does it not matter when applying for a PhD seat?
3. What does the general student population comprise of and what are the frequent complaints about the uni?

Hi @soxo

From my own experience I've loved BCU so far. I would definitely consider your options as I still think it's important to choose the right place for you, even when applying for a PhD.

The general student population is very mixed. I've just finished my first year as an undergraduate student and I've met a range of students from under and postgrad courses, all of different ages and personal backgrounds. There's opportunity to mix with other students too, like societies and becoming a student ambassador.

Here are some links to some webpages you might find useful to look into whether BCU is right for you...
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/research/our-phds
https://www.bing.com/search?q=bcu+masters&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&ghc=1&lq=0&pq=bcu+masters&sc=7-11&sk=&cvid=C8BD773BA3DF476E8C63A40F83BB37C3&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending