The Student Room Group

Adrian Harrop - 'Terf Repellant' badge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ShanghaiLil
Harrop should be struck off. He tried to get a gay male friend of mine fired from his job for believing that biological sex is real.

Do you have any evidence for this rather serious claim...?
I mean the friend is obviously right and only a nincompoop would think that sex isnt real but nevertheless
I'd enjoy it, but It's still a bit too online to wear to work. "trans ally" expresses a similar sentiment, and is probably more professional
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
I'd enjoy it, but It's still a bit too online to wear to work. "trans ally" expresses a similar sentiment, and is probably more professional

Rather implies theres some form of war going on...
Original post by Napp
Rather implies theres some form of war going on...

actually, it doesn't! the term allyship has been used to refer to tons of different marginalized communities. "black ally" "queer ally" "lesbian ally" "asian american ally" etc.
Reply 24
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
actually, it doesn't! the term allyship has been used to refer to tons of different marginalized communities. "black ally" "queer ally" "lesbian ally" "asian american ally" etc.

It still implies some form of conflict, whichever particular group concerned (it just happens this threads about nonbinary types)
Original post by Napp
It still implies some form of conflict, whichever particular group concerned (it just happens this threads about nonbinary types)

there is often conflict between trans people and transphobic groups, youre right. I would call it a war though.
Original post by Napp
One would have thought it wouold have gotten them into trouble as wearing what can be perceived as an offensive badge (if you are a so called 'terf') is generally against their code of conduct. If they wore a badge saying theyre anti-trans, for example, theyd be sacked on the spot. If nothing else, its interesting to see what kinds of bigotry are allowed

Well, yes, because trans people are a demographic and TERFs are people who hold a particular political position. Same reason an "I hate homophobes" badge and an "I hate gays" one wouldn't be treated the same way.
Original post by Napp
From what one has read, limited to the amusing fights on mums net, it more seems to be the trans activists who do much of the fighting. The feminists just want

everything they can get they're hands on. This issue exposes how rabid and hateful some of them are.
Reply 28
Original post by TheStupidMoon
everything they can get they're hands on. This issue exposes how rabid and hateful some of them are.

Trans activists, 'terfs' or feminists?
All of them but I think the latter two groups are worse.
Reply 30
All of them but I think the latter two groups are worse.

How exactly? Or do you just not like womens rights?
Original post by Napp
How exactly? Or do you just not like womens rights?

What about the rights of others?
I hope you gave yourself a good scrub after visiting mums nt
Reply 32
What about the rights of others?

What about them? Or is this you explicitly stating that women are less important than these ones? More than mildly sexist.

I hope you gave yourself a good scrub after visiting mums nt

I have no idea what this is meant to even mean?
The woman that he came to notoriety attacking on TV, Kellie Jay Keen, is interviewed on the Triggernometry YT channel at 7pm tonight.

A fierce opponent and and an advocate of keeping safe spaces for women and girls. Not a TERF though as she abandoned feminism. Its longform, at least an hour. Should be interesting
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending