The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainjx
eng language and lit, triple science, maths (doing it this year and doing further maths next year), econs, music and history
hbu?

Most of them r the same!! But I don't do history and music but I do foreign languages :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by na.minnie
Most of them r the same!! But I don't do history and music but I do foreign languages :smile:

oooh ok nice!! i did mandarin and malay last year so i didn't hv to do foreign languages in y10 and 11 lol
When should we start revising for our GCSE's
We have to do exams at Christmas, Easter, and summer (end of year) which is like normal mocks. as well as mini-assessments at half-term at our school
Original post by Blackrose06
When should we start revising for our GCSE's
We have to do exams at Christmas, Easter, and summer (end of year) which is like normal mocks. as well as mini-assessments at half-term at our school

I would start preparing notes and revising the stuff you do in class, however I think if you start doing hardcore revision straight away you will most likely burn out
Reply 84
Original post by AmIReallyHere
I would start preparing notes and revising the stuff you do in class, however I think if you start doing hardcore revision straight away you will most likely burn out

I kinda need help with this I think. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing hardcore revision, but I'm really really really tired. I'm literally just studying for end of topic exams and I've been doing a few exam qs and stuff. Am I doing something wrong?
Original post by rainjx
I kinda need help with this I think. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing hardcore revision, but I'm really really really tired. I'm literally just studying for end of topic exams and I've been doing a few exam qs and stuff. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you giving yourself a break or maybe a day or two where you do no revision?
Also if you are stressing over end of topic exams this might effect your weariness - at my school they don't matter as much as the big ones as they don't go home, I take them as a chance to work out what I get/remember and what I don't get
Original post by rainjx

It might not have anything to do with revision. what time do you go to bed?
Original post by rainjx
oooh ok nice!! i did mandarin and malay last year so i didn't hv to do foreign languages in y10 and 11 lol

woowww mandarin is toughhhh tho :frown:
Reply 88
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Are you giving yourself a break or maybe a day or two where you do no revision?
Also if you are stressing over end of topic exams this might effect your weariness - at my school they don't matter as much as the big ones as they don't go home, I take them as a chance to work out what I get/remember and what I don't get

Yeah I think I'm taking it pretty chill. Could it be that I'm just not used to revision? Like I was the kind of person who could wing tests without studying then the content started getting harder and this is like the first time I'm revising properly
Reply 89
Original post by Blackrose06
It might not have anything to do with revision. what time do you go to bed?

10 or 11. And I wake up 6-7
Reply 90
Original post by na.minnie
woowww mandarin is toughhhh tho :frown:

Hahahahha well I'm chinese and I've been learning mandarin for years so it was okay :smile:
hi
I'm Sumayyah
I was here from the year9 thread but ig i'll just introduce myself :biggrin:
Hobbies- reading, baking and art
I'm taking triple Science, Maths, English, RS and Arabic (compulsory) and my chosen subjects were art, geography and business.
I've been predicted 7,8, 9s - mainly based off y9s grades but hopefully i want to try and ace everything.
I'm taking Arabic and bio this year, anyone else taking a science gcse in yr10?
Reply 92
Original post by WILD_CHILD1407
hi
I'm Sumayyah
I'm taking triple Science, Maths, English, RS and Arabic (compulsory) and my chosen subjects were art, geography and business.
I've been predicted 7,8, 9s - mainly based off y9s grades but hopefully i want to try and ace everything.

Hiiiii
Good luck in acing your subjects haha
and nope sorry im not taking a science gcse in y10
Original post by rainjx
Hiiiii
Good luck in acing your subjects haha
and nope sorry im not taking a science gcse in y10

neither am i can u do that
hi
I'm Sumayyah

I took Arabic in the November tests in year 9 and I got a 9 good luck
Original post by rainjx
10 or 11. And I wake up 6-7

I get up same time but go to bed between 8-10 so maybe go to bed earlier, just try it
Original post by Hawraa.A
I took Arabic in the November tests in year 9 and I got a 9 good luck

thnx! was the test hard? like reading, writing etc..
Original post by Hawraa.A
neither am i can u do that

If you've finished the course and are bound to pass/get a good grade, I'm fairly sure you can
hi
I'm Sumayyah

I might be taking astronomy this year. How come Arabic is compulsory at your school?
thnx! was the test hard? like reading, writing etc..

i mean it wasnt easy but it wasn't very hard just memorise the structure 4 writing and practice listening
Original post by Mathsgirl888
I might be taking astronomy this year. How come Arabic is compulsory at your school?

probs an islamic school

Latest