The Student Room Group

IAL Chemistry October 2021 Thread

Hi everyone! I could not find a thread for the Chemistry exams happening in a few days, so I decided to make one:smile:

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Chem P1 and P2 for the Autumn series!

@Evil Homer
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am sitting for IAL Chemistry Units 4,5 and 6.

Original post by daylight08
Hi everyone! I could not find a thread for the Chemistry exams happening in a few days, so I decided to make one:smile:

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Chem P1 and P2 for the Autumn series!
Reply 2
Hi, doing units 4,5,6 ! So nervous :frown:
are yall re-sitting the exam?

Nope, didn't take predicted grades.
Reply 5

yeah but to me it's not a resit because we never sat an exam in the first place lol
ohhh!!! i see!!
Reply 7
guys do you think synoptic stuff will come up like from units 123? should we revise that too?
I think intermolecular forces and organic may come.

Original post by glabib
guys do you think synoptic stuff will come up like from units 123? should we revise that too?
Anyone doing AQA chemistry. Paper 1 is on the 5th im so nervous 😭😭😭
Reply 10
Original post by faizahkhan

meeeeeeee Idk what to do now im just panicking tbh
Im trying to find more aqa papers to complete rn
Reply 11

How are going to prepare in the the next following days, Im trying to memorise everything there is to memorise like catalyst and ion reactions in inorganic sections and my enthalpy definitions
Original post by Beywe
meeeeeeee Idk what to do now im just panicking tbh
Im trying to find more aqa papers to complete rn

I’ve got psychology the day before and I’ve been focusing on that so now im freaking out. I have my notes done so do you think I’ll be able to memorise everything in 1 day? And doing questions would that be enough?
If you resit in summer instead of autumn for the first time do you hav to pay for your exams?
If you resit in summer instead of autumn for the first time do you hav to pay for your exams?

yes! you have to pay depending on how much the centre/school is telling you to pay no matter when you are sitting your exam
Reply 15
I’ve got psychology the day before and I’ve been focusing on that so now im freaking out. I have my notes done so do you think I’ll be able to memorise everything in 1 day? And doing questions would that be enough?

tbh- you need to start doing questions right away - Memorise your notes whilst you do their relevant questions. The more questions you do the better. I have 2020 If you would like them
and I think it depends on how u feel knowing the content - to decide whether it would be enough.
What grade will you be trying to achieve?
also Good luck with psychology!!
Original post by Beywe
tbh- you need to start doing questions right away - Memorise your notes whilst you do their relevant questions. The more questions you do the better. I have 2020 If you would like them
and I think it depends on how u feel knowing the content - to decide whether it would be enough.
What grade will you be trying to achieve?
also Good luck with psychology!!

Thank you so much! Hopefully an A 😭😭🤞 ik the content I just havnt done questions which im going to do right after my psychology exam. So the rest of Monday and morning of Tuesday im going to do questions. Hopefully it’s enough i do get the hang of things quickly. Im fine with physical its just inorganic
yes! you have to pay depending on how much the centre/school is telling you to pay no matter when you are sitting your exam

Autumn resits u dont pay because its a first sitting
Thank you for making this thread :smile:

Good luck everyone!
Who else is sitting AQA chemistry tomorrow? Im so scared. Just did psychology exam today and im knackered my brain is bursting. Does anyone have any tips for chemistry tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending