The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Uni application after a firm and insurance choice has been made

I have this mate who has selected his firm and insurance choice, he has since regretted accepting these and wants to apply Uni of Lincoln instead. Unfortunately he has gone through the UCAS process to the point where he is not able to change his choices.

I was wondering if he would be able to apply to the University of Lincoln directly or is he stuck with his firm and insurance choices made on UCAS. He accepted the firm and insurance 7-14 days ago.

@University of Lincoln would there be a chance of him applying directly for 2022?
If he waits until February and then contacts ucas to ask to change his replies to decline all his offers then he’ll be able to use ucas extra to apply for a new choice.

But it’s important to check if his chosen course is accepting extra applications first.

Universities are forbidden by their contract with ucas to accept direct applications from people who also have a ucas application
(edited 2 years ago)
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Ritchie175276
I have this mate who has selected his firm and insurance choice, he has since regretted accepting these and wants to apply Uni of Lincoln instead. Unfortunately he has gone through the UCAS process to the point where he is not able to change his choices.

I was wondering if he would be able to apply to the University of Lincoln directly or is he stuck with his firm and insurance choices made on UCAS. He accepted the firm and insurance 7-14 days ago.

@University of Lincoln would there be a chance of him applying directly for 2022?

Hi @Ritchie175276

Many thanks for your message. It is great to hear that your mate is interested in applying to the Uni of Lincoln but I understand the complex situation he is in. I think it is best if your mate emails: [email protected] so that our team can best advise.

Kind regards
Joe
3rd Year Medicine BMBS :smile:
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @Ritchie175276

Many thanks for your message. It is great to hear that your mate is interested in applying to the Uni of Lincoln but I understand the complex situation he is in. I think it is best if your mate emails: [email protected] so that our team can best advise.

Kind regards
Joe
3rd Year Medicine BMBS :smile:

Thanks for getting back to me, ill let him know and hopefully it can be sorted out

Original post by PQ
If he waits until February and then contacts ucas to ask to change his replies to decline all his offers then he’ll be able to use ucas extra to apply for a new choice.

But it’s important to check if his chosen course is accepting extra applications first.

Universities are forbidden by their contract with ucas to accept direct applications from people who also have a ucas application

Cheers for the idea, this may be a good backup if option 1 doesnt work

Quick Reply

Latest