The Student Room Group

I accept an offer does it disqualify from receiving offers from other unis?

Hi All

I did not meet the full requirements for my 1st choice, they have sent me communication explaining I am on the wait list and once the A level results are release can confirm if they will make me an offer. In the meantime I have received an offer from my insurance Uni. I have 14 days to pay the deposit to secure my place. If I accept the offer from my insurance uni - will I immediately be disqualified from receiving an offer from my first choice? AKA are the universities systems linked? I would like to hold out for my 1st choice, but at the same time don't want to be without a place in case I don't get an offer from them? Does anyone know how this works?
Your insurance choice should not be asking you for a deposit before your firm has made a decision. @PQ?
Original post by Bonamour
Hi All

I did not meet the full requirements for my 1st choice, they have sent me communication explaining I am on the wait list and once the A level results are release can confirm if they will make me an offer. In the meantime I have received an offer from my insurance Uni. I have 14 days to pay the deposit to secure my place. If I accept the offer from my insurance uni - will I immediately be disqualified from receiving an offer from my first choice? AKA are the universities systems linked? I would like to hold out for my 1st choice, but at the same time don't want to be without a place in case I don't get an offer from them? Does anyone know how this works?

What does your UCAS Hub state against your firm choice?
Usually a 14 day deadline will only be triggered if you've been made UF with your insurance choice because your firm choice has rejected you
Reply 3
QUOTE=PQ;98643355]What does your UCAS Hub state against your firm choice?
Usually a 14 day deadline will only be triggered if you've been made UF with your insurance choice because your firm choice has rejected you
UCAS shows ‘waiting confirmation’ for firm choice. I have had an email from them explaining I need to wait until A level results are released and then a final decision will be made.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
What does your UCAS Hub state against your firm choice?

Okay, so I think I am clear now:
1) I wait for my firm choice to accept or reject - they stated this would be following the release of AL results
2) If I am rejected by firm choice, insurance choice becomes my go to option. So, even though I have an offer from my insurance, there is no need to respond until I find out the decision from my firm choice uni. Have I have understood correctly?

Very much appreciate your guidance
Original post by Bonamour1
Okay, so I think I am clear now:
1) I wait for my firm choice to accept or reject - they stated this would be following the release of AL results
2) If I am rejected by firm choice, insurance choice becomes my go to option. So, even though I have an offer from my insurance, there is no need to respond until I find out the decision from my firm choice uni. Have I have understood correctly?

Very much appreciate your guidance

In theory - but you need to contact your insurance and make it clear that you are still not placed with them and so won't be able to pay a deposit until that happens (if it happens)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending