The Student Room Group

uni accommodation

Hi!
I have recently replied to my firm and insurance unis and I'm now applying for accommodation.
My insurance uni is Cardiff University and I was wondering whether I need to apply for accommodation here just in case I don't get into my firm choice? It is unclear on the website as to whether I have to (or even can) do this!
Any advice would be much appreciated!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Olivia.s.xx
Hi!
I have recently replied to my firm and insurance unis and I'm now applying for accommodation.
My insurance uni is Cardiff University and I was wondering whether I need to apply for accommodation here just in case I don't get into my firm choice? It is unclear on the website as to whether I have to (or even can) do this!
Hi @Olivia.s.xx,

It's great to hear that you are going to university! Here at UCLan, we tell applicants who have made us their insurance choice that they will receive information about applying for accommodation in August. I would recommend you reach out to your insurance university to clarify this for you.

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by Olivia.s.xx
Hi!

Hi there!

So the deadline for accommodation applications for insurance applicants is the 21st August :smile: So you'd get access to this around August time, I imagine, after results day. An email is usually sent with all this information so don't worry too much about it at this stage!

I would also say that as another backup, if you wanted to go for private halls, some accommodations have a No Place No Pay policy, which means that you won't need to pay/have your deposit refunded if you get your firm offer.

I hope that helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @Olivia.s.xx,
It's great to hear that you are going to university! Here at UCLan, we tell applicants who have made us their insurance choice that they will receive information about applying for accommodation in August. I would recommend you reach out to your insurance university to clarify this for you.
All the best,
Sarah

Great! Thanks so much Sarah!
Reply 4
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hi there!
So the deadline for accommodation applications for insurance applicants is the 21st August :smile: So you'd get access to this around August time, I imagine, after results day. An email is usually sent with all this information so don't worry too much about it at this stage!
I would also say that as another backup, if you wanted to go for private halls, some accommodations have a No Place No Pay policy, which means that you won't need to pay/have your deposit refunded if you get your firm offer.
I hope that helped!
~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Thank you so much!! This was so helpful, Fatiha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending