The Student Room Group

How finished am i for english language

Is it possible to revive my English language gcse grade. I did terrible in paper 1. I'm not sure if i even answered the question 5 properly. I rushed q2-4; since I spent do much time on q5. Do you think i can still get a grade 5 for English language; if i try really hard for paper 2 even if i probably got lower than 40 marks. I want to do engineering for university and most good unis ask for grade 5 for English language.
yes definitely, also you might surprise yourself and get higher than a 5 and we always have paper 2
we cant do anything now, its done, you cant go back and change it, focus on your next exams and try your very hardest
ill give you an example, my friend's friend (she told me this story this morning before the exam) that her friend felt like she messed up her econ exam and came out crying whilst everyone said it was easy, turns out she got an A and the others failed,
Best of luck! <3
Original post by Rainyzack
Is it possible to revive my English language gcse grade. I did terrible in paper 1. I'm not sure if i even answered the question 5 properly. I rushed q2-4; since I spent do much time on q5. Do you think i can still get a grade 5 for English language; if i try really hard for paper 2 even if i probably got lower than 40 marks. I want to do engineering for university and most good unis ask for grade 5 for English language.

I am sure you will get your grade 5 don't worry. We can talk about your presumption of being accepted into a good university with minimum grades after your exam.
Original post by Rainyzack

I also did a bad job in my opinion but you have to keep your hopes high :smile: As long as you pass that's all that matters. You won't find out though until August. I rushed q5 at last minute, but I still got a predicted grade of 6 in my mocks. So there is chance.

Quick Reply

Latest