The Student Room Group

Is this nornal?

Everytime I’m busy or I decide not to reply to my (male) friend online because he said something that upset me (usually something quite large because I rarely get upset), he sends me a follow up message of his baby cousins/nieces? Idk I find it weird because he KNOWS I do like children, and conveniently, sends me such messages after I’ve ignored/left his message.

For context, we’ve been friends for 3 years and idk, I still DO find it weird that he sends me private videos etc of his baby family members because at the end of the day, I don’t know him in real life and some things should be kept private online because who knows what my intentions could be (obviously I have no ill intention but isn’t it better to play it safe than sorry when it comes to sending pictures of other people’s children??)
it sounds mega creepy ? i would unfriend him.
Original post by the bear
it sounds mega creepy ? i would unfriend him.

Yeah I thought that. I’ve already been having issues with this friendship and I draw the line where you use children in your family to get my attention. First I thought it was odd but didn’t think much of it, but this has happened (suspiciously) happened way too many times
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I thought that. I’ve already been having issues with this friendship and I draw the line where you use children in your family to get my attention. First I thought it was odd but didn’t think much of it, but this has happened (suspiciously) happened way too many times

Oops I apologise for the incoherent sentence lol. I can’t edit too as I’m anon!
I just realised I titled it as ‘nornal’ oh my days 🤦🏽*♀️
UPDATE: he sent me another one 4 hours later 😭 I’m weirded out now.
UPDATE: he sent me another one 4 hours later 😭 I’m weirded out now.

Mind you I haven’t replied at all to any of these messages
Everytime I’m busy or I decide not to reply to my (male) friend online because he said something that upset me (usually something quite large because I rarely get upset), he sends me a follow up message of his baby cousins/nieces? Idk I find it weird because he KNOWS I do like children, and conveniently, sends me such messages after I’ve ignored/left his message.

For context, we’ve been friends for 3 years and idk, I still DO find it weird that he sends me private videos etc of his baby family members because at the end of the day, I don’t know him in real life and some things should be kept private online because who knows what my intentions could be (obviously I have no ill intention but isn’t it better to play it safe than sorry when it comes to sending pictures of other people’s children??)

That is rather weird. I would say unfriend him, but you've been friends for 3 years so the decision might be a bit harder.
No, not normal.
He seems quite opportunistic and rather reckless when it comes to compromising the privacy of the children.
Best to completely cut contact, no matter what he types or sends you.
Mute or block him.
Original post by sufys
That is rather weird. I would say unfriend him, but you've been friends for 3 years so the decision might be a bit harder.

Honestly considering it’s definitely not the 1st time he’s done this, I’m now aware he sends it to receive my attention, which I find sickening. I’ll not reply and see how that goes
Original post by londonmyst
No, not normal.
He seems quite opportunistic and rather reckless when it comes to compromising the privacy of the children.
Best to completely cut contact, no matter what he types or sends you.
Mute or block him.

Thank you! I assumed so. First I thought it wasn’t the weirdest thing ever because he has expressed his love for children/his cousins/babies in his family but now that he ‘conveniently’ sends me a video of a child (whom I don’t even know!) following a fall out or a delayed reply, I’ve realised he does this purely to receive my attention and the thought of using a child for that purpose and endangering their privacy makes me kinda sick. I have muted him and have deleted his number

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending