The Student Room Group

Institute of Mathematics and its applications

so I've been nominated by IMA for the maths department as the student who "achieved outstandingly on the course at uni" and I've been rewarded with a certificate and a year's or free membership to the IMA, however I've never heard of them before, I've googled them and it says they help develop mathematics etc but in I'm not quite sure what this means literally, I can't seem to find much on what the membership actually offers, does anyone know? I want to make the most out of this
Original post by Joshwoods01
so I've been nominated by IMA for the maths department as the student who "achieved outstandingly on the course at uni" and I've been rewarded with a certificate and a year's or free membership to the IMA, however I've never heard of them before, I've googled them and it says they help develop mathematics etc but in I'm not quite sure what this means literally, I can't seem to find much on what the membership actually offers, does anyone know? I want to make the most out of this

Think of it as a society. A big one.

Here’s what they offer: https://ima.org.uk/membership/why-join/

You get monthly mathematical ‘Mathematics Today’ newsletters via post which contain interesting developing mathematics, puzzles, Q&A’s with mathematicians, book reviews, conference dates, etc…

It’s a good place to read about emerging research and promote your own, and also to connect with other likeminded mathematicians in your research area.

How much or how little you participate in the IMA is completely up to you.
Original post by RDKGames
Think of it as a society. A big one.

Here’s what they offer: https://ima.org.uk/membership/why-join/

You get monthly mathematical ‘Mathematics Today’ newsletters via post which contain interesting developing mathematics, puzzles, Q&A’s with mathematicians, book reviews, conference dates, etc…

It’s a good place to read about emerging research and promote your own, and also to connect with other likeminded mathematicians in your research area.

How much or how little you participate in the IMA is completely up to you.

oooh okay thank you! that's definitely something I'll be making use of then!

Quick Reply

Latest