The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Grade requirements

I am trying to apply for Actuarial Science at LSE, but the problem is they require from me a Level 6 GCSE grade or above and unfortunately I achieved a Level 5. Do you think my application would get reject or not as I'm really passionate about the course.
Reply 1
I doubt it but it depends on the institution. If all your other grades are high enough it shouldn’t matter, especially since you’re only one grade away. You can improve your chances of being selected with a personal statement that displays your passion for the course.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Straight reject.

Not meeting any Uni's GCSE basic requirement will get your application immediately binned.
Reply 3
Original post by owainati
I am trying to apply for Actuarial Science at LSE, but the problem is they require from me a Level 6 GCSE grade or above and unfortunately I achieved a Level 5. Do you think my application would get reject or not as I'm really passionate about the course.

Gotta retake the GCSE exam, same thing happened with me when I wanted to apply to uni. Uni's do not really care if you retake GCSE's so it should be okay
Reply 4
LSE requires :

A-levels - AAA, with an A in Mathematics

Are you likely to get A in Maths?
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
LSE requires :

A-levels - AAA, with an A in Mathematics

Are you likely to get A in Maths?

Yes i got an A* in math predicted and A in religious studies
And hopefully a B in physics
Original post by owainati
Yes i got an A* in math predicted and A in religious studies
And hopefully a B in physics

So it shouldn't be a major issue for you to retake GCSE maths, should it?

And a B prediction in Physics isn't going to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending