Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I'm going so crazy waiting for an offical app!!
    I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was surprised to see other people playing whilst I was out and to see the gyms in my area claimed, considering the game hasn't released yet, and I don't live in a city and i'm outside of my town's centre. Looking forward to seeing how popular it becomes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    And a Pikachu but I would hope no one would pick it.
    And pikachu?! Really?

And pikachu?! Really?
    Of course, if you were a true pokemon fan you would know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Of course, if you were a true pokemon fan you would know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pickles said it wasn't an option :eek3:

Pickles said it wasn't an option :eek3:
    Pickles is wrong.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/8/1213...-starter-guide

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can download a version from apk mirror if you're super keen

Starter pokemon are Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander :ahee:
    :noway: I'm not downloading an apk version don't trust it. I want the official version!

Damn is that it? I taught there be more pokemon to choose from. I'll probably go for Squirtle in that case

Is there mega evolution in the game?

ReputationRep:
    And pikachu?! Really?
    Yeah although if anyone picks it im going to guess they are on the rubbish team.

ReputationRep:
    I just caught an Eevee in my living room.

Also, slightly disconcerting, I looked at my phone when I woke up in the middle of the night, and there was a Rhyhorn next to my bed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    I just caught an Eevee in my living room.

Also, slightly disconcerting, I looked at my phone when I woke up in the middle of the night, and there was a Rhyhorn next to my bed...
    Maybe you had drunk intercourse with that Rhyhorn?

Ow that would hurt lol.

(Original post by mr T 999)
    :noway: I'm not downloading an apk version don't trust it. I want the official version!

Damn is that it? I taught there be more pokemon to choose from. I'll probably go for Squirtle in that case

Is there mega evolution in the game?
    No mega evolution.

Yes, keep it official! We just have to wait a bit.

Also, I saw a guy today playing that game. I was tempted to ask for the phone and just try it out, but I'm not that desperate.

I just keep on checking the play store every few... Hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No mega evolution.

Yes, keep it official! We just have to wait a bit.

Also, I saw a guy today playing that game. I was tempted to ask for the phone and just try it out, but I'm not that desperate.

I just keep on checking the play store every few... Hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn would have liked mega evolution :sigh:

Same I keep checking the playstore aswell, I have no life

The company are going to be making crazy amounts of money, still can't believe they making pokemon go free. Well technically its freemium model but still XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for the official release, gotta do things legit Apparently people are using Pokemon Go to lure & rob kid's phones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Apparently people are using Pokemon Go to lure & rob kid's phones?

(Original post by mr T 999)
    Damn would have liked mega evolution :sigh:

The company are going to be making crazy amounts of money, still can't believe they making pokemon go free. Well technically its freemium model but still XD
    They will probably add more variants in the future but we will have to wait few months before it happens.

Paid application has some drawbacks such as less users would actually get it and some of them would definitely turn into piracy/downloading for free from 3rd party website.

Of course it would be prevented with some security but this will be another drawback since it only makes it harder for users to play the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm checking the app store all the time. I want the official version now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Have a Pokestop in my office

ReputationRep:
    I expect I'll have to restart if I download from an App Store where it's released and then redownload on the UK App Store upon release?

ReputationRep:
    I downloaded it from APKPure.com as listed on the Independent (first link I clicked)
    Hopefully no malware

ReputationRep:
    Went Tesco today with my mum and on the motorway and in store came across a load of Pokemon, went up 2 levels got a kick ass raticate with hyperbeam that doles out 70 damage and has over 300 cp now that I powered it up. Caught some new Pokemon also; staryu, which was in the freezer food section, ghastly, caterpie and Weedle which happened to be in the fruit and veg itself, and jynx, which was cool! Saw silouettes for rhyhorn and weepinbell in Tesco also. Oh yeah also got a meowth also

ReputationRep:
    They will probably add more variants in the future but we will have to wait few months before it happens.

Paid application has some drawbacks such as less users would actually get it and some of them would definitely turn into piracy/downloading for free from 3rd party website.

Of course it would be prevented with some security but this will be another drawback since it only makes it harder for users to play the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True that makes sense.

Too bad AJ can't play this game he hasn't got a smartphone lol :lol:

Posted from OtherWorld

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.