The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quite a lot of childhood films. Too many to remember. Many of them cartoons, and some of them the usual violent kung-fu action blow up stuff kind of films.

I miss the good old days...
Seanisonfire
So, which films remind everyone of childhood? Those films that you watched over and over again, no matter how crap you know they are now. Godzilla [remake, so what :colonhash:], Clash of the Titans, Power Rangers The Movie and Independence Day are mine. I'm sure there must be a few more.

Also my mum was a massive Van Damme fan so I by proxy ended up watching loads of his films. Bloodsport and Lionheart :heart:

In the Line of Fire, Air Force One, Speed, 3 Ninjas, 3 Ninjas Kick Back.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah, godzilla was great! I love the madison square garden scene where matthew broderick is being chased by those baby godzillas! I used to video tape all these films when I was 9 or 10, and re-watch them from time to time. I remember this film, flight of the navigator, which introduced me to sci-fi. I watched it last year again, and even though it was crap, it was very nostalgic. Obviously not to mention the classic disney films!

Seanisonfire
Also my mum was a massive Van Damme fan so I by proxy ended up watching loads of his films. Bloodsport and Lionheart :heart:

:rofl: My mum didn't give a **** what I used to watch, and I taped most of Van Dammes films when they used to come on channel 5! Ah, great times!
(edited 13 years ago)
crazyferret
Will do! :biggrin: (actually quite looking forward to it, my brain has been very inactive for the past few months)

When are you starting barts? Exciting!!!

Also, to have some form of film related-ness in this post, guess the film....special home made re-enactment just for you guys :love:

Godfather. :p:

I have already started at Barts! Had my first PBL on Tuesday. :smug:

Last week of freshers now.
Reply 2284
Childhood films are the BEST films! Here we go...

Hook
Mrs Doubtfire
Jumanji
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie
An American Tail
The Land Before Time

And many MANY more... :h:
aja89
Childhood films are the BEST films! Here we go...

Hook
Mrs Doubtfire
Jumanji
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie
An American Tail
The Land Before Time

And many MANY more... :h:

Jumanji! How could I forget...

Matilda also because my sister was always watching it.
LOL Jumanji, I used to love that.
Reply 2287
Seanisonfire
Jumanji! How could I forget...

Matilda also because my sister was always watching it.

Matilda! Yes!

The BFG
Hocus Pocus
James and The Giant Peach.
Reply 2289
SirRamAlot
James and The Giant Peach.

Immense.

Homeward Bound
Charlotte's Web (old 70's version)
Reply 2290
Seanisonfire
So, which films remind everyone of childhood? Those films that you watched over and over again, no matter how crap you know they are now.

Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Fair Lady, La Belle et la Bête (1946), Gone with the Wind, Rear Window and Bringing Up Baby.

But yes, anything with Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Catherine Deneuve, Vivien Leigh, Jean Harlow or Brigitte Bardot is pure GOLD.
(edited 13 years ago)
Jumanji. :moon:
Reply 2292
So, I have these films to watch tonight and need to pick one. TSR, help me decide please.

[REC]2
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010 version)
Greenberg
Invictus
Machete
Predators
The Book of Eli
Watch Machete.
dior
Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Fair Lady, La Belle et la Bête (1946), Gone with the Wind, Rear Window and Bringing Up Baby.

But yes, anything with Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Catherine Deneuve, Vivien Leigh, Jean Harlow or Brigitte Bardot is pure GOLD.

You were a much more cultured child than the rest of us it seems. I just liked things that went BOOM.
(edited 13 years ago)
Roobsa
So, I have these films to watch tonight and need to pick one. TSR, help me decide please.

[REC]2
Greenberg
Invictus
Machete
Predators
The Book of Eli

Machete or Invictus, I don't really like the others on that list, Avatar was half-decent but you've already seen it.
Roobsa

[REC]2
Greenberg
Invictus
Machete
Predators
The Book of Eli

Invictus. I assume you've seen Avatar on the big screen, in which case seeing it again on a tinier one isn't going to do anything for you. A nightmare on elm street and [Rec]2 do not stack up as well as their predecessors. The rest are passable films, but are nothing special, whereas Invictus is.

In other news, I just watched Wall Street again. ******* awesome film.
Phalanges

I have high expectations of the sequel. :yes:
Phalanges
Invictus. I assume you've seen Avatar on the big screen, in which case seeing it again on a tinier one isn't going to do anything for you. A nightmare on elm street and [Rec]2 do not stack up as well as their predecessors. The rest are passable films, but are nothing special, whereas Invictus is.

Wall Street 1 or 2?

Seanisonfire
You were a much more cultured child than the rest of us it seems. I just liked things that went BOOM.

:ditto:
unknownking321
I have high expectations of the sequel. :yes:

Same. I've reversed my opinions of the casting of Shia LaBoeuf. In hindsight it seems like it could pay off fantastically - the first film was all about remorse and vengeance, and needed Sheen's charisma to be able to pull off the final act. With this one, Shia doesn't have the charisma capable, but he does have naivety in buckets. If Stone decided to keep this true to reality and just let Douglas roll him over and spit him out with no happy ending, it could end up as magnificent.

S-man10
Wall Street 1 or 2?

The first. Is the sequel even out yet?

Latest