Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread) watch

• View Poll Results: Are you confident about your maths exam?
    Very confident
    17.61%
    Quiet confident
    38.03%
    Satisfactory
    26.06%
    Not confident
    18.31%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tohaaaa)
    So is compound interest an exclusively calculator topic?

And what about proof?
    Proof of what? proofs typically don't require a calculator so could be on either

Compound interest with only a few simple compounded calculations could be in non calc - I think I can recall one example - but really the knowledge they are testing using an efficient method of multipliers is typically more a calculator skill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Proof of what? proofs typically don't require a calculator so could be on either

Compound interest with only a few simple compounded calculations could be in non calc - I think I can recall one example - but really the knowledge they are testing using an efficient method of multipliers is typically more a calculator skill
    Fair enough.

I mean proof of circle theorems, since I haven't seen any come up recently....

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.
    I mean proof of circle theorems, since I haven't seen any come up recently....
    Although it says in the specification 'prove and use' I can't recall a question from recent years where you were required to prove circle theorems but will be asked to use them - could be either paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Although it says in the specification 'prove and use' I can't recall a question from recent years where you were required to prove circle theorems but will be asked to use them - could be either paper
    So would you say it's unlikely a question like that will come up??

ReputationRep:
    So would you say it's unlikely a question like that will come up??
    yes
    more likely proofs are those of congruence and an algebraic proofs of the sum of consecutive numbers (odd numbers, even numbers, etc)

ReputationRep:
    What topics have you guys really struggled with?

ReputationRep:
    Are similar triangles, nth terms, inverse proportion, surds, graph functions and sin equations all likely to come up in the non calculator paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esteta)
    Graphs, graphs and more graphs...

ReputationRep:
    I just find the transformation graphs really complicated. That is the only thing which I am struggling with to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    hi , i was just wondering:

are the examiners lenient on this paper?

also..

if you write things by the questions to help you out (i.e y = mx + c), do you get marks deducted?

thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePremierLeague)
    hi , i was just wondering:

are the examiners lenient on this paper?

also..

if you write things by the questions to help you out (i.e y = mx + c), do you get marks deducted?

thank you in advance
    No, don't be afraid to use the space you have to work things out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esteta)
    Simultaneous equations! I just can't get my head around them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyyalice)
    Simultaneous equations! I just can't get my head around them!
    Sammmmmmme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YouTube is so helpful guys. If you have a topic which you find complicated.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone possibly have a list of topics for the Non-Calculator paper then a list of topics for the Calculator topics. It would be really helpful and how is everyone feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I'm doing the exam on the 11th and 14th of June, I was wondering if anybody know the topics that definitely will come in the exam, or might appear.:eek: Also, how confident are you? I'm pretty much confident, I've been practicing and I'm getting A*. I hope the same for you all.

Regards
    Omar,

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking this exam too and have had lots of practise but I'm still really nervous. Although I'm going to try and not let it get the better of me since there's no coursework to fall back on if I do badly in the exam due to nerves. Am aiming for a B overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd love an A* but will most likely get an A. I understand the majority of things to come on the exam but the wording of the questions will bnring me down.

Thing i dislike;
    Graphs
    Circle Theorems (they're okay I suppose)
    Vectors (difficult when question is like X is 2:3 on the line AB)
    Similar Shapes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarzizo)
    Hi Guys,

I'm doing the exam on the 11th and 14th of June, I was wondering if anybody know the topics that definitely will come in the exam, or might appear.:eek: Also, how confident are you? I'm pretty much confident, I've been practicing and I'm getting A*. I hope the same for you all.

Regards
    Omar,
    Hey, unfortunately we can't say for sure what will "definitely" come up as the maths course has such a broad range of topics, and they could easily mix and match topics into contexts etc...

I feel quite confident in this exam, but not over confident since I don't want to jinx it

ReputationRep:
    Everyone lets keep this topic going!
    Reply quicker guys! The exam is in 2 days timeish

Answer these questions of mine:
    What grade are you aiming for? What will you most likely get?
    What are you revising on the most?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.