The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

These statistics are 7 years out of date and thus completely useless. According to this Great Yarmouth is 263rd which I highly doubt but also most of the people from different countries here are white (Bosnia, Portugal, Poland, Latvia, Serbia) as opposed to being black or asian.
I live in Chorlton in Manchester and it's a very diverse area, everyone lives side by side harmoniously though, there's never any trouble.
Reply 242
142nd on that list, apparantly. Although it'd be interesting to see a more updated version of the list.
Brent

White 45.3
S.Asian 27.7
Black 19.9
Chinese and other 1.1
I'm originally from Hounslow, which is 13th. I was moved to West Berkshire at 11 for 7 years which is 159th. No wonder I felt so misplaced in Berkshire!
Reply 245
97% white, which I knew it was, just about. Not very "diverse" here, although there's a fair few Eastern Europeans now. I dunno how out of date the figures are, but i'd say probs quite similar, cos 9/10+ people in the street look very resoundingly white.

There's a fair few Asians who go to the universities and stuff though, and a pretty small black population.
Reply 246
happy-and-lost
I'm originally from Hounslow, which is 13th. I was moved to West Berkshire at 11 for 7 years which is 159th. No wonder I felt so misplaced in Berkshire!

Be fair West berkshire is rural so its bound to be mostly white. East berkshire is far more diverse especially slough
North Dorset-262 on the list, 98.6% white. I'm not surprised but it's still :frown:

I have to say my town is much more diverse than many areas of Dorset though as my school had an international boarding house attached which was great as I've met friends from all over the world now and learnt about their cultures etc whereas without it I doubt I would of been exposed to different ethnicities regularly.

Latest

Trending

Trending