The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University of Exeter

What is the diversity like in university of Exeter and the students Ethnicity etc
Original post by FCBAYERN
What is the diversity like in university of Exeter and the students Ethnicity etc

Hi FCBAYERN,

Unfortunately, the Southwest is less diverse than other places in the UK. However, the University of Exeter continues to make progress in creating a more ethnically diverse student body. There has been a steady increase in the proportion of home Black, Asian and other minority ethnicities (BAME) students over the years - 5.8% in 2011/12 increasing to 11.1% in 2017/2018. Alongside this, 19% of students are international, coming from over 160 different countries.

The university is keen to support the brightest minds regardless of background and personal circumstances, and is committed to supporting both staff and students to work or study in an environment free from discrimination. In order to promote an inclusive environment, there has been notable efforts and initiatives to support equality and diversity relating to race, gender, disability, sexual orientation and faith. If you want to read into these further, I've linked the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) website where you can click on a specific issue to learn more.

There are also many different societies in our students union that represent a wide range of cultures and interests. I've linked the page here if you wanted to have a look.

I hope this helps answer your question and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more!:smile:

Bethan
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending