The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Well that was officially the worst C2 paper I have ever seen. Counted up, definitely got a U
Is there an official thread for S1?
What will I need to get in statistics to get an overall grade of an A, I got 65/75 in core 1 and 52/75 in core 2. Thanks
At the end to get an overall A do you need 80% or it depends on the ums? I'm confused
Guys, I think I averaged around 61/62 in c1 and c2. How many marks would I need in s1 to overall an A?
Original post by iBall
The paper was tricky, just wonder how grade boundaries will shift. I think I got full marks from the unofficial MS, maybe 74 and around 69-71 in C1, how much UMS have I roughly dropped? I need 270 overall to take AS Further Maths next year
Link please for the unofficial MS?:smile:
Original post by Joe317970
Hi, for the integration question when multiplying the 10x with the x^1/2 I accidentally said it equalled 10x^1/2 instead of 10x^3/2. I carried on and I obviously got a very weird answer for the second part of the question. Had I noticed I multiplied the first part wrong for setting it up for the integration, I proabably would've got it right. So how many marks will I lose for this error, assuming I followed through correctly?

I did Exactky that too we better get at least like half marks for working it all out or ecf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lainathiel
What are the UMS boundaries usually? Ie how many marks for 100 UMS, 90, etc? I need 95+ ideally, but not sure how likely that is now after C2!

Posted from TSR Mobile

UMS is literally your percentage. So 75/75 is 100 UMS 95+ would be 71/75 or more
Original post by kate_i_be
Well that was officially the worst C2 paper I have ever seen. Counted up, definitely got a U

That is exactly what i done. Definitely got a U in that paper.
Sigh... :frown:
For 6 marks log question, I miss copied the question I wrote log2^y instead of 2log2^y. So this make my answer wrong but my method is correct. How many mark would I lose? :frown:
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I did Exactky that too we better get at least like half marks for working it all out or ecf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm hoping it only costs us 1 or 2 to be honest :/
Original post by TheMathsMan
I agree , no point going along with these people and their predictions cause they are way off and based on their own performances. Last years was wayyyyyyyyyy easier than this years, easy marks in last years yet this years filled with making you lose marks.
So much for that leaked C2 paper then .. people and their assumptions always surprise me. Good luck with S1.

Weird because Arsey seems to agree with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joe317970
Yeah I'm hoping it only costs us 1 or 2 to be honest :/

If I couod have just gotten that right would have got 68/75 but nope I messed up which I never have for integration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate_i_be
Link please for the unofficial MS?:smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3344369
around 73 in c1 and no joke about 30 ish in c2, if i get 75/75 in s1 can i get an A??
:s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by physicsmaths
Weird because Arsey seems to agree with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 person based around an entire country ?..... makes sense :/
Honestly .. It's best to not pluck speculations on boundaries ... It's best to just focus on the next task at hand.
If you're right then fair enough :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
anyone have c1 mark scheme???
Pleaseee
Thaaanks
Okay...If i got Like 60 UMS in C1
and i got like 40 UMS in c2
And say 80 UMS in S1...Is that an A (given the difficulty of these evil papers) Or a B at least :frown:
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
If I couod have just gotten that right would have got 68/75 but nope I messed up which I never have for integration

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was getting 60-65 consistently in the mocks but looking at th model answers, probably more around the 45 mark, this was a retake as well! Oh well bring on C3 and C4!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending