Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stresso)
    Thanks You must have found this second nature to do lol
    C4 was considerably easier than C3, imho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1996)
    Yes someone has just pointed that out. It should be -8y
    Ya then I got full marks hopefully (somehow)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly_a)
    you guys think UMS boundaries will be the same as June 13R paper? so :

A* A B C D E
    65 59 47 41 37 27
    A* will be higher I think 67-68

ReputationRep:
    C4 Edexcel Maths Paper with SOLUTION - 16 June 2015.pdf

Please rep when downloading, cheers.

Direct Download:
    http://www93.zippyshare.com/d/sxvc4j...une%202015.pdf

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/sxvc4j9n/file.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++)
    I'm sorry, but the mathematics are incorrect;

(3^x)^2 = (3^2)^x

\int_{}^{}a^x = \frac{1}{ln(a)}a^x

This means that:

\int_{}^{} 9^x = \frac{1}{ln(9)}9^x
    yes i know the maths is wrong, thats why im asking how many marks i could get for method

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph.S)
    You seemed to use radians when you found the years. I got that but realized it wanted degrees?
    27.1 years.
    Oh crap! I was paranoid of making silly mistakes the whole way through the exam and I miss that because my paranoia left me with less time on the last bit! irony's a b**** eh.

I used radians I believe as that's what they usually want and didn't spot is specifying anywhere?? Ended up with like 0.4.... years. Thought nothing of it :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly_a)
    you guys think UMS boundaries will be the same as June 13R paper? so :

A* A B C D E
    65 59 47 41 37 27
    I doubt it, probably average-high grade boundaries

A* 69
    A 63
    B 56
    C 49

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sat_freak)

Direct Download:
    Dude you should have made a thread rather than making a post. It would have pissed Arsey right off

ReputationRep:
    Help!!

How many marks would I lose for putting 32In2^2 + 32In2 -12 instead of 32In2^2 - 32In 2 +12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatNoseyParker)
    Oh crap! I was paranoid of making silly mistakes the whole way through the exam and I miss that because my paranoia left me with less time on the last bit! irony's a b**** eh.

I used radians I believe as that's what they usually want and didn't spot is specifying anywhere?? Ended up with like 0.4.... years. Thought nothing of it :L

It would be radians because you used calculus to get it - degrees and calculus don't mix;

http://math.stackexchange.com/questi...ns-in-calculus

ReputationRep:
    If I went straight from having - ln3 on one side then combining it to the Ln on the other side in the next step would I lose a mark?

ReputationRep:
    C4 was considerably easier than C3, imho.
    I would argue the complete opposite, or perhaps it was just the integral in the last question that makes me feel that way :/ But too late now.. thanks for the link, I bet Arsey is using it right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahid1)
    I have a few questions:

1) how many marks do I lose if I found K as 2 and continued so I got the area as half? Out of the total 8 marks of the question.

2) For the differential equation I found c correctly but at the end I couldn't get the final answer they wanted even doe part A was right. How many marks would I lose out of the 7?

3) for the years question how many marks do I lose if I did the question in degrees?

4) for the vector question how many marks do I get (if any) if I found the position vector of B for the shortest distance?

5) for the cone question, do you get one mark for writing V=pi integral of y2? Also due to a lack of time I went to write what I would do instead of doing it, but I wrote the radius will be 9 for the cone et and you do integral until 2 minus the volume of cone from Q to P?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Help pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanlar22)
    Do you know if there is error carried forwards in C4 ???
    please answer
    In the mark schemes for past papers I haven't seen it anywhere

ReputationRep:
    Hi people could someone answer this since I need an a* in maths for uni..... Basically up to the last question I dropped 4 marks then on 8b I differentiated 3^2x and stuck in the correct limits and did the rest correct but I'm thinking this is a big maths error, how many marks will I loose , the qu was out of 6. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1996)
    These are all my solutions. sorry for the poor quality but should be still readable, should be -8ydy/dx for first line of Question 2
    Forgive me is I'm wrong but on question 2, doesn't -4y^2 differentiate into -8y dy/dx not +8y dy/dx??

ReputationRep:
    Is Arsey dead or something???

Or maybe he is also mind****ed by that last question xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatNoseyParker)

it doesn't say anything about using degrees?

ReputationRep:

Direct Download:

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/sxvc4j9n/file.html
    guys is this spam or an actual thing?

ReputationRep:
    Guys is 480 UMS overall for an A for an A*? In the june 14 grade boundaries it says 480 below A and then nothing for A*?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.