The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I seriously resent the fact the immigrants are so ignorant of British culture yet are still living in the country. It seems that they go two routes:

1.) They can adopt a culture of what they've seen on the TV, which is largely American. They are therefore Americanised and are into the same offensive rap lyrics and gun culture. Some even have American-English accents. This is why you see so many who are obviously not British born dressed as if they are American, and this creates a sense of misidentity, thus destroying true British culture.

2.) The worst way is they can bring their own culture into play. Look at the status quo of all the main countries where immigrants come from and then compare it with the acceptable way of life over here. You'll find a massive difference with regards to atttitudes on correct dress, crime, politeness, economy, etc etc. If someone comes from a Third World country, why should they bring that countries way of life over here? This is why you go to the main immigrant centres and they are so crime-ridden and dirty.
jaydoh
I seriously resent the fact the immigrants are so ignorant of British culture yet are still living in the country. It seems that they go two routes:

1.) They can adopt a culture of what they've seen on the TV, which is largely American. They are therefore Americanised and are into the same offensive rap lyrics and gun culture. Some even have American-English accents. This is why you see so many who are obviously not British born dressed as if they are American, and this creates a sense of misidentity, thus destroying true British culture.

2.) The worst way is they can bring their own culture into play. Look at the status quo of all the main countries where immigrants come from and then compare it with the acceptable way of life over here. You'll find a massive difference with regards to atttitudes on correct dress, crime, politeness, economy, etc etc. If someone comes from a Third World country, why should they bring that countries way of life over here? This is why you go to the main immigrant centres and they are so crime-ridden and dirty.

I agree with the points you make.
SolInvincitus
"British culture" was destroyed long before immigrants arrived on her shores. The moment Britons took the momentous descision to leave their safe and sheltered shores, to go around he world learning and contributing to civilizaton, her 'indigenous' culture was doomed.

To anyone who has read even a spot of History, one would understand that immigration has not destroyed British culture, the Empire did that first..

Excellent point.

*reps*
jaydoh

Most of crime ridden areas are full of chavs, who are white.
Socrates

I have seen Indian chavs, however. Those are terrible.
jaydoh
You'll find a massive difference with regards to atttitudes on correct dress,

What is "correct dress"?
Socrates

You obviously haven't been to Slough or Southall recently. :rolleyes:

Asian boy of 18 Stabbed to death an old age pensioner in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire, he fought in the war for this country. Don't believe me look it up!! Southall lovely s***hole area so many Burglaries (sp) and Slough another poo hole that is turning into even more of a poohole so many Stabbings, muggings and murders recently committed by mostly Asians. So shut the f*** up!!!!
oh, and lets not forget Birmingham or nottingham more recently known as shottinghamshire..
harrison1984

Asian boy of 18 Stabbed to death an old age pensioner in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire, he fought in the war for this country. Don't believe me look it up!! Southall lovely s***hole area so many Burglaries (sp) and Slough another poo hole that is turning into even more of a poohole so many Stabbings, muggings and murders recently committed by mostly Asians. So shut the f*** up!!!!

I didn't say there aren't problems in ethnic minority areas, I said it is just as common amongst white chavs if not moreso.
Reply 349
Amon.
All native cultures are spoiled by mass immigrants coming in. They generally do not follow the culture (or Kultur as we have in Germany) of the people there already but try to change it with theres. in Germany now we have lots of Turkish immigrants coming in and they bring turkish culture but don't bother with German - some don't even bother to learn German.

In England this exists to - the new immigrants don't bother with English culture but instead want to have there's (like the 7/7 terrorists).

I'm sorry but those Turkish immigrants (amongst others) have been propping up German industries for too long; you're all lazy bastards and then have the indecency to moan about immigration! Don't forget who your biggest trading partner is!
Reply 350
harrison1984

Yeah, three white kids beat the **** out of an old bird in my area. So shut the **** up!!!!
Reply 351
Where i live, i remember 5 years ago or so i was quite happy to go out in the evening with friends, now i wouldn't dare do it, and why? My town is overrun with (probably illegal) immigrants, mostly knife weilding Kosovans. The crime rate has gone through the roof, i dont think thats coincidental. I know 3 people who have been stabbed whilst on a night out, because they didnt hand over their money to the immigrants. Nice eh. Best bit is that fabulous Mr Brown and Balie have absolutely no idea how many are in the country because security is so lax.

So in essence, yes, immigration has successfully ruined my town.
Flux
There were no racist crimes before mass immigration.

Really? You must be kidding me.

Oh wait...how could there be racist crimes when everyone was white?!
Reply 353
I don't understand this assumption that ALL traces of "Britishness" will somehow disappear if traces of other cultures are allowed to appear. Why on earth would, say, churches disappear, when there are always going to be Christians - you can't force someone to change their religion, and if they do convert, it's their choice, so you can't blame outside forces. Why would a butchers stop selling pork because members of some religions don't eat it, when there are still people around who do eat it. Supply and demand. There is no reason why things that could be seen as being foreign influences can't exist alongside "British" culture.

British people are destroying what I personally see as being traditional British culture far more effectively than anyone of foreign origin could - we're the ones who have a reputation for drunkenness, obesity, loutishness, promiscuity and just generally taking the opportunities we have here for granted, not the people who come here just looking for a job and a better standard of life.
Reply 354
eleri
I don't understand this assumption that ALL traces of "Britishness" will somehow disappear if traces of other cultures are allowed to appear. Why on earth would, say, churches disappear, when there are always going to be Christians - you can't force someone to change their religion, and if they do convert, it's their choice, so you can't blame outside forces. Why would a butchers stop selling pork because members of some religions don't eat it, when there are still people around who do eat it. Supply and demand. There is no reason why things that could be seen as being foreign influences can't exist alongside "British" culture.

British people are destroying what I personally see as being traditional British culture far more effectively than anyone of foreign origin could - we're the ones who have a reputation for drunkenness, obesity, loutishness, promiscuity and just generally taking the opportunities we have here for granted, not the people who come here just looking for a job and a better standard of life.

But if they are moving over to our country, and as has happened where i live a lot of people born and bred here have left the town, then there will be less people to buy that pork etc.

And fair enough people come here for a better standard of life, if thats all they did it would be fine, but half of the migrants where i live are criminals, and probably shouldnt even be here in the first place.
eleri

I agree with what you say, but immigration still needs to be limited. I don't want to end it, but it does need to be much more stringent.
Lofty
Where i live, i remember 5 years ago or so i was quite happy to go out in the evening with friends, now i wouldn't dare do it, and why? My town is overrun with (probably illegal) immigrants, mostly knife weilding Kosovans. The crime rate has gone through the roof, i dont think thats coincidental. I know 3 people who have been stabbed whilst on a night out, because they didnt hand over their money to the immigrants. Nice eh. Best bit is that fabulous Mr Brown and Balie have absolutely no idea how many are in the country because security is so lax.

So in essence, yes, immigration has successfully ruined my town.

You are correct. Mass unlimited immigration does create such problems, which is why immigration reform is sorely needed. However it would be unfair to say all immigration produces such problems.
Lofty
But if they are moving over to our country, and as has happened where i live a lot of people born and bred here have left the town, then there will be less people to buy that pork etc.

And fair enough people come here for a better standard of life, if thats all they did it would be fine, but half of the migrants where i live are criminals, and probably shouldnt even be here in the first place.

You really should bring this up with your local politicians. They probably will not do anything, but at least if you do it enough people might band toghether to put some pressure on those in charge.
Reply 358
SolInvincitus
You really should bring this up with your local politicians. They probably will not do anything, but at least if you do it enough people might band toghether to put some pressure on those in charge.

Unfortunately, it has been attempted where i live, and failed. This was at the time when our MP was Chris Pond, no idea who it is now, but Mr Pond didnt seem all that bothered, just smiled. I had asked him that when he came into my school, listened to the question, ignored it and asked for another question.

There are certain areas of my town that even the police sometimes refuse to go to sort out crimes, because (and i think it is fair enough) it is far too high a risk on their lives.

Immigration is certainly good as long as proper emaures are taken to prevent illegal migrants coming over, and that the people that do come in get themselves a job and start contributing to society, and that they have a reason to be over here in the first place.

Latest

Trending

Trending