The Student Room Group

Best airport in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I thought KL was nice, above average but not in the same league as Changi and Hamad
Recently went to both Changi and Dubai airports on the way home from Australia, gotta say that Although both are quality Dubai wins for me: IT HAS BLOODY WATERFALLS
Original post by Dr. Django
Recently went to both Changi and Dubai airports on the way home from Australia, gotta say that Although both are quality Dubai wins for me: IT HAS BLOODY WATERFALLS

Only place I've had a Mcdonalds at midnight sitting by a waterfall :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I will have to admit I may be a bit biased but Düsseldorf International Airport (Germany) is very modern, attractive and efficient! Architecturally speaking I love the look of Beijing Capital (as viewed from above). Zürich perhaps has the best gimmick in the world (the shuttle trains between the hub and spokes have cow bell and swiss alpine noises like horns whilst you ride). Everyone always laughs and smiles and the day is definitely brighter after transferring there- fantastic marketing trick!
Reply 24
Koh Samui has a beautiful airport- feels like you're in a fancy resort!
The runway at the old Hong Kong airport was situated btw a hill, urban buildings and the sea. The approach needed to be accurate and passengers could literally see rooftops on nearby buildings, people hanging laundry on washing line. Tough for pilots, apparently there is a specific programme on flight simulators. Rio has a awesome view too and is also tough to navigate for pilots.

Original post by frances98
Yeah I love that program. And to answer the question I would say Hong Kong. I wish I had been when they still had the old airport. That would have been interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Yeah I love that program.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Skill Twix
I have :biggrin:

I've been to the Paris airport(CDG).Was quite amazing!

I thought I was the only one who loved it! I have recorded all the episodes and my mum just sighs whenever I put them on :mmm:

Charles De Gaulle is lovely! Forgot I had been there.
Original post by Dr. Django

Dubai loves its waterfalls. Dubai mall is filled with them with diving sculptures
Dubaaiii
Original post by Anonymous #2
I thought I was the only one who loved it! I have recorded all the episodes and my mum just sighs whenever I put them on :mmm:

Charles De Gaulle is lovely! Forgot I had been there.

Agreed :biggrin:
Original post by Tcannon
The runway at the old Hong Kong airport was situated btw a hill, urban buildings and the sea. The approach needed to be accurate and passengers could literally see rooftops on nearby buildings, people hanging laundry on washing line. Tough for pilots, apparently there is a specific programme on flight simulators. Rio has a awesome view too and is also tough to navigate for pilots.

I watched a video where you could see in someone's front room on the landing. I would have kind of liked that

Posted from TSR Mobile
London Heathrow
There are a lot of rich people posting in this thread. I've never been to Dubai, nor do I want to either. Zurich is the nicest European airport I've been to. Its clean, spacious, and efficient unlike all the British airports, which are confusing, messy and expensive. Having said that I found Vienna's airport very interesting, but it was under construction when I visited...
Reply 33
This one in Mumbai is definitely a contender. Blew me away. It doesn't have a cold feel like so many airports. This one felt warm, with lots of character.

Original post by Yawn!
This one in Mumbai is definitely a contender. Blew me away. It doesn't have a cold feel like so many airports. This one felt warm, with lots of character.

I find it an irony of sorts how the nicest airports are in those countries no one with an ounce of intelligence would visit on a 'holiday'. I bet if the photographer turned his camera a bit to the left, he'd see slums, poverty and disease. I think these governments should stop wasting money on fancy stuff like this and instead clean up their urban slums.
Original post by Yawn!

This is beautiful
Reply 36
Original post by Back Pain
I find it an irony of sorts how the nicest airports are in those countries no one with an ounce of intelligence would visit on a 'holiday'. I bet if the photographer turned his camera a bit to the left, he'd see slums, poverty and disease. I think these governments should stop wasting money on fancy stuff like this and instead clean up their urban slums.

Congratulations, you're an idiot.

The government didn't fund this airport, a private Indian company called GVK did.

Oh and FYI, there aren't 'Urban slums' to the left of this, there's an elevated highway and numerous skyscrapers.
Clearly Singapore Changi Airport for me - no competition. I really miss my Singapore days. The epitome of efficiency, organization, and "feel".

Zurich Flughafen is decent too.
Original post by binarythoughts
Dubai International Airport is hard to beat!
Especially terminal 3

You mean the place where you can go to jail if you kiss a female friend on the cheek to say goodbye ??
Original post by Yawn!
Congratulations, you're an idiot.

The government didn't fund this airport, a private Indian company called GVK did.

Oh and FYI, there aren't 'Urban slums' to the left of this, there's an elevated highway and numerous skyscrapers.

Then that company should've given the money to urban regeneration instead, as the people living in nearby slums will never see those pretty fake photos you posted. Another example of how money goes to the rich and not the poor who need it...

Quick Reply

Latest