Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort Watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want as President of the USA (and later world)?
    Clinton
    0%
    Cheese
    72.58%
    Trump
    8.06%
    Other
    19.35%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kyx)
    meeeeeeeee tooooooooooooooooo
    Les go get us some togezza :yep:

(Original post by Matrix123)
    :rofl:

Here:
    :cookie:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol Andy98 ur physics puns are simply pathetic :laugh:
    Fanks matrix, u always got me back innit XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    You seem energetic, you must have a high mass

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course I have a high mass, that explains why I'm so attractive
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    Of course I have a high mass, that explains why I'm so attractive
    I thought it was because your nucleons were between 3 and 0.5 femto metres apart :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Les go get us some togezza :yep:

Lol Andy98 ur physics puns are simply pathetic :laugh:
    Fanks matrix, u always got me back innit XD
    I thought they were good :mmm:

Only when you're not trying to wipe me off the face of the planet
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I thought they were good :mmm:

Only when you're not trying to wipe me off the face of the planet
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    U would
    well apart from then
    :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    U would
    well apart from then
    :mwuaha:
    Yes, I would
    :lol: then, yes
    :erm:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, I would
    :lol: then, yes
    :erm:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is it with that emoji? You sure do love it...maybe even more than cheese:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What is it with that emoji? You sure do love it...maybe even more than cheese:mmm:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yep:
    :afraid:
    ()

ReputationRep:
    :yep:
    :afraid:
    ()
    Whatever is the world coming to? :shock: :afraid:

(:shock: makes me laugh :lol:)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Entry no.8
    :awesome: day!
    Well the morning wasn't awesome, I did sleep last night, just not well uknow so waking up at 5:45am was so great, I've decided I'm going to get the later train tomorrow :rofl: so I can get 15mins extra sleep
    So got there nice and early this time, went to go get my keycards for building access
    took ages tho because the system didn't work so they had to shut it down and restart it :laugh:
    we joked about it but it took ages and was really annoying :unimpressed:
    after that, I did some reading on the safety procedures and hazards regarding the use of liquid nitrogen
    THEN WE WENT TO GET SOME :excited:
    was so much fun, got me a labcoat, face shield thing and thick yella gloves, can't be wearing thin mits when handling liquid nitrogen children
    THEN WE DID AN EXPERIMENT :awesome:
    Poured some liquid liquid nitrogen into a flask. Then we dipped a fuel injector into the liquid nitrogen via a ladle to see what would happen to it (ie: would it deform/turn brittle etc.).
    I should probably explain why, y'all goin wtf u doin zat for. Well reader, I have been informed of what my project will be. I will be designing a component which can withstand the temperatures of liquid nitrogen which can hold this fuel injector when being used in an experiment the Uni wants to conduct along with my research. I have to design it, take measurements, use appropriate materials from using various sources and then work with a technician to make it.
    SO
    FKINSCARED:afraid:
    so out of my confort zone, I think I'll be able to do it but I'm gonna need to read up, like I don't know anything about pistons and engines and have already forgotten the experimental set up :erm:
    If any of you know anything useful Plagioclase h8skoooooool or anyone out there u know, reading this, pls help me :lol:

So yeah, today's experiment was to find out if the whole injector thing would work for the experiment I guess :rofl:

After that, I talked to my other supervisor, gained a book, 2 documents and then I had to go catch my train :rofl:
    I bought some pasta to do for dins dins, (spinach and ricotta :mmm:, my fam would be dead without me haha) and then did some tidying and now I'm tired and am gonna go sleep lol
    15 mins extra sleep tomorrow, gonna need it

QUOTE OF THE DAYanother one from the cafe, took a picture on my creppi phone so pls forgive itself as i have dropped it on floor so many times it is so very dead
    Name:  quote2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  214.2 KB
    Spoiler:
    Show
    - Read L’étranger :flute:- Read tons of Chemistry-related books - Read a "very short introduction to Particle Physics" and "French Literature" - Revise for the TSA - Attempt to match/beat george_c00per on memrise - Attempt to relearn German in time for the orchestra tour (mit Plagio und memrise ofc ) :elmo:- Beat eternaforest on pintarillo NEW HIGHSCORE OF MINE OF 781 eternaforest :yep: - Help fatima1998 to become boss on pintarillo - Beat my friend on pokemon go :elmo:- Binge watch Sherlock - Binge watch all the Doctor who DVD's I own - Go shopping for summer clothes - Go to a quiz night in aid of a local charity (c'est ce soir ) - Attend the TSR wedding of Monsieur FireFreezer77 et mademoiselle Platopus :elmo: - Actually do some violin practice :elmo:- Get back into tennis and table tennis - Go on a week long tour with my orchestra in the Harz region of Germany :elmo:- Attempt to collect "pretty" rocks from Harz region of Germany if possible :elmo: - Get my AS results - Do the research part of my EPQ (chemistry-related) - Sort out the dates for my Nuffield Placement - Undergo my Nuffield research placement at the University of Brighton :flute:
    mediaya FrenchUnicorn AppleB TheEmperorofCats zanner SeanFM Edminzodo eternaforest george_c00per saraxh Salamandastron AndrewSCO zanner defenestrated XOR_ saladays Ayaz789 Questioness Namita Gurung LDS16

ReputationRep:
    x
    Great post! I was just reading about what you had to wear and I got excited! Sounds great! Good luck with that project....sounds slightly tricky but I'm sure you'll handle it fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great post! I was just reading about what you had to wear and I got excited! Sounds great! Good luck with that project....sounds slightly tricky but I'm sure you'll handle it fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks matrix
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just about to edit my post with the quote of the day but you may see it first :mmm:
Views: 56
Size:  214.2 KB(from the cafe at the uni ofc)

ReputationRep:
    thanks matrix
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just about to edit my post with the quote of the day but you may see it first :mmm:
Views: 56
Size:  214.2 KB(from the cafe at the uni ofc)
    No worries!

Ahhh Cheese's quote has Matrix's approval

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No worries!

Ahhh Cheese's quote has Matrix's approval

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hat2:
    well i shall catch u tomorrow as I try and sleep
    gdnite matrixian!

ReputationRep:
    :hat2:
    well i shall catch u tomorrow as I try and sleep
    gdnite matrixian!
    Yup, me too
    Matrixian? You just added another name to the list . Goodnight ,Cheese!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If any of you know anything useful Plagioclase h8skoooooool or anyone out there u know, reading this, pls help me
    I would advise against using paper as your main material.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I would advise against using paper as your main material.
    :rofl: thanks mate
    I wasn't ever considering paper :laugh:
    maybe plagioclase could do the job idk :daydreaming:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    something a bit more durable maybe :lol:
    and that can cope with -196 degrees
    no seriously if u know anything about engines or stuff can u teach me, bc I feel so out of the zone of confort rn :I
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    :rofl: thanks mate
    I wasn't ever considering paper :laugh:
    maybe plagioclase could do the job idk :daydreaming:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    something a bit more durable maybe :lol:
    and that can cope with -196 degrees
    no seriously if u know anything about engines or stuff can u teach me, bc I feel so out of the zone of confort rn :I
    Only thing I know about engines is this website that I used to revise for my Arkwright scholarship, sorry :nope:

Have you considered making it out of carbon nanotubes, they're very fashionable these days.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Only thing I know about engines is this website that I used to revise for my Arkwright scholarship, sorry :nope:
    Have you considered making it out of carbon nanotubes, they're very fashionable these days.
    it doesn't have the engine we're using on it, it's called a split-cycle engine I think!??! But can't remember it's associated to the Dearman engine which you may be familiar with?
    :rofl: I don't think that's within our budget but I could put it forward :lol:
    thinking more along the lines of some copper/steel alloy at moment but requires more research I think :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    what are the chances you can play pintarillo in the next 15-30 mins?And how r u? Been ages since you showed up
    Next blog post coming (as soon as I can be bothered :laugh: )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.