The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matthewduncan
yeah.
and the fact that he got shot multiple times before the headshot and not an ounce of blood for me says its 100% a false flag..

this is not Call of Duty or Kill Bill 2 :facepalm:
Original post by Thuggee
well, it is responsible , if you are saying it causes extreme fervour. extreme fervour is a bad thing, rabid animals express extreme fervour and thats not something we encourage. and these two men are not isolated cases, pick up a newspaper at almost any point int he last 10 years:rolleyes:

Extreme fervour in following Islam (read: these men followed the teachings of the Qu'ran with extreme fervour) not Islam causes extreme fervour. You're deliberately misreading that to further your own opinion.
Original post by Jemner01
Extreme fervour in following Islam (read: these men followed the teachings of the Qu'ran with extreme fervour) not Islam causes extreme fervour. You're deliberately misreading that to further your own opinion.

meaning - if they hadnt read the quran there would have been no extreme fervour and therefore no crime committed today. im saying what you are saying, you dont wish to look at the facts
Reply 423
George Galloway on Charlie Hebdo attack:

''The terrorist murder of French journalists and police officers in Paris this morning must like all such actions be utterly condemned. Only hypocrites decry some such murders but not others. Hypocrites like among others the French government which has been facilitating exactly such carnage, except daily, in Syria for the last four years. And through the agency of the very same kind of terrorists as murdered the French citizens today.The provocative actions of the publication Charlie Hebdo cannot possibly be a justification for murder, mass murder. The idea that God, the master of the worlds, the creator of the universes is in need of "revenge" against a small satirical publication in Paris is absurd and makes a mockery of Islam.
It was already difficult being a Muslim in France in the teeth of ceaseless provocation and the lash of racism and Islamophobia. Today it just got more difficult. Those who hate Muslims and their religion have been strengthened by these murders. The west in general appears locked on a course of confrontation with much of the Muslim world. Invasion, occupation, bombardment, provocation chase and are chased by Islamist fanaticism ever more savage and dangerous. It is the road to disaster, for all of us. We must turn back before it is too late.''

It is indeed a road to disaster.
bruh its clearly fake.
CLEARLY.
he got shot multiple times before the headshot and theres no sign of blood.
even after the headshot theres no blood...
Anyone who knows anything about ak47s or has seen someone get shot knows that when someone gets shot blood goes splatter.

Are you expecting the street to look like an abattoir?
Original post by Thuggee
meaning - if they hadnt read the quran there would have been no extreme fervour and therefore no crime committed today. im saying what you are saying, you dont wish to look at the facts

That's evidently not true, considering the vast majority of Muslims (who I assume read the Qu'ran) do not hold to its teachings with extreme fervour. You're painting over a billion people following the second largest religion in the world with one broad brush- "extremists".
bruh its clearly fake.
CLEARLY.
Anyone who knows anything about ak47s or has seen someone get shot knows that when someone gets shot blood goes splatter.

just stop trolling now son, there's a time and a place.

The attack is real, the implications are real.
Original post by Jemner01
That's evidently not true, considering the vast majority of Muslims (who I assume read the Qu'ran) do not hold to its teachings with extreme fervour. You're painting over a billion people following the second largest religion in the world with one broad brush- "extremists".

I didnt do that, you are taking the point to the ludicrous extreme for effect - the point i made was these men ( like the thousands of others too) were not acting randomly and in an unconnected fashion- they all shared the same infleunces gleaned from islamist doctrine. without this influence none of them would have been committed. you dont seem keen to accept this reality.
Original post by Thuggee
this is not Call of Duty or Kill Bill 2 :facepalm:

who the hell says it was?
So much ignorance its unreal.
I have seen someone get shot with my very own eyes,i have seen REAL shootings on video.
I also know a lot about full auto weapons.
You obviously dont
Reply 429
bruh its clearly fake.
CLEARLY.

Fake, false flag or whatever.There is no question that innocent people actually died today in coldblood, I think you should have a little respect man.
Reply 430
scary a report about charlie hebdo back in 2012

Original post by DiddyDec
Are you expecting the street to look like an abattoir?

bruv.
There is NO blood.
Tbh would love to see those Arab French wannabe whites in Paris and London pretend to be white now. Can see them changing their names to "Francois" in feeble attempts to save themselves from the discriminatory backlash. :lol:
Original post by Radicalathiest
The other poster didn't bother to differentiate so why should I?

Because your better than that.
Original post by Thuggee
I didnt do that, you are taking the point to the ludicrous extreme for effect - the point i made was these men ( like the thousands of others too) were not acting randomly and in an unconnected fashion- they all shared the same infleunces gleaned from islamist doctrine. without this influence none of them would have been committed. you dont seem keen to accept this reality.

And that is the case, you're right. But I don't hold all Muslims or the religion of Islam responsible for their actions- I hold them responsible for their actions. People- including Muslims- make the concious choice of not obtaining weapons, travelling to wherever they want to go and attacking people who disagree with them. Islam didn't force them to do this, they made that choice. The fact that the majority of Muslims choose not to is proof enough, because if Islam is as toxic and brainwashing as you say it is, IS would consist of more than a billion people, and not simply thouands.
who the hell says it was?
So much ignorance its unreal.
I have seen someone get shot with my very own eyes,i have seen REAL shootings on video.
I also know a lot about full auto weapons.
You obviously dont

sorry dude didnt realise this was THE matthewduncan-Supercop i was talking too. my bad. please dont shoot me from your bedroom
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
just stop trolling now son, there's a time and a place.

The attack is real, the implications are real.

if you wanna be a sheep be a sheep.
Fine with me
bruv.
There is NO blood.

You do have a point. With an AK47 a weapon that has been used to amputate people on single shots and literally destroy heads from close and far range there is a significant lack of blood. Which raises suspicions and takes us into the world of conspiracy. The 'headshot' also seems as it hit the pavement unless it exited and then hit the pavement. His head did not have the whiplash effect either from the force of the shot. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by viddy9
Not that the Rushdie Affair didn't come subsequent to substantial Western meddling and atrocities in the Middle East.

Which was minimal, and I imagine had very little influence on the minds of those who threatened Rushdie. Regardless, you know full well that had Rushdie released his book in Pakistan or England, he would have been subject to the same reaction. Islam has yet to go the same enlightenment and liberalisation that Christianity has undergone.

We should be careful, though: understanding and explaining why people have taken an action is not equivalent to engaging in apologetics for the people.

It is when the usual "it's all the West's fault" line is parroted out, with minimal logical justification.
Original post by Dexa
This is undermining the righteous nature of freedom of expression. What exactly were they hoping to campaign for when they published those images? There was no good intention coming from the pictures. There are other ways of standing up to extremists but this was a very stupid thing to do when the religious tension was already high in the city.

As some people have already pointed out the magazine was anti-religious as a whole, satirising Catholics, Jews etc. Portraying religion in a satirical way is controversial yet it shouldn't warrant attacks against the people who portray religion in this way. It is a satirical magazine, it isn't Islamaphobic. Civil liberties stretch back in France to the revolution so to censor images on religious terms essentially goes against what France is. No attack like this should happen, especially in a country like France.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending