The Student Room Group

Is travel worth it any more??

I remember going to Paris aged 19 or holidays as a kid, being so inspired. I have not been to Paris since I was 19. Despite loving it at the time. I have procrastinated. Now I'm older, 42. Is it worth going back, given the changes in the world, or would it be a big disappointment ?? Now we have smartphones, everyone is less social, I am on meds which leave me with less energy for the day etc etc. And I'm wondering what I'd do there. Just wondering if travel.is worth it anymore. Am I being too negative or should I travel again?
I feel like travel is a really personal experience, some people love it and some people don’t and I think our opinions of travel can definitely develop over time, especially when considering current global issues, as you say.
I’d always say that it is worth having another shot at travelling if you’ve enjoyed it in the past. Each different place you visit provides its own unique experience and so maybe branching out and trying somewhere new might bring back that inspiration you feel you’ve lost!
If you’d like any recommendations on cities to visit to kickstart your next travel experience I’d be happy to help, just drop me a reply ☺️

Georgia
Travel Aware Student Brand Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest