Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is the UKCAT calculator on the day backspace or esc to delete? People are saying different things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niraxas)
    Guys I did my mock and for SJT I got 41 correct, 13 partially correct and 15 wrong. What band would this come under?
    Band 2 I think. I don't say band 1 is anything above 50-52 raw marks (without partial correct)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just out of interest to the people who have done the test,

what question did you get up to in VR before time ran out? I know there are 44 questions altogether and I'm aiming to get up to question 38/39 (at least) but I was just wondering how far people got in the real thing?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    Hey, just out of interest to the people who have done the test,

what question did you get up to in VR before time ran out? I know there are 44 questions altogether and I'm aiming to get up to question 38/39 (at least) but I was just wondering how far people got in the real thing?

Thanks in advance
    Hi there I'd suggest keeping track of time and making sure you answer all of them even if you have to guess a few at the end. That's what I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayasparkles)
    Hi there I'd suggest keeping track of time and making sure you answer all of them even if you have to guess a few at the end. That's what I did
    Okay cool - thank you! (and well done on your score!)

ReputationRep:
    Guys I did my mock and for SJT I got 41 correct, 13 partially correct and 15 wrong. What band would this come under?
    Band 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I did my UKCAT this morning and I got
    VR-550
    QR-790
    AR-620
    SJ-Band 1
    Do you think I still have a chance for HYMS and Dundee? Also any unis I should avoid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got 627 (not what I wanted) average and Band 1.
    AS results: AAAB
    Predicted probably A*AA
    I just wanted to ask what sort of chance I have for Kings, Barts, St Georges etc. Does the band 1 sort of make up for the low average in some way. Or is it a no way thing? And if anyone knows what UKCAT scores they accept plssss

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the link for the interim results? I cant find it. Also anyone else think the questions are getting harder now comparing recent scores to those about a week back? mine is in a few days and this is kinda scary

ReputationRep:
    I just did my second medify mock.. I did Mock 2 first and then just did Mock 1. For Mock 2 I had
    VR: 650
    QR: 650
    AR: 780
    SJT Band 2

After Mock 1 I got
    VR: 600
    QR: 750
    AR: 800
    SJT Band 2

Even though my average went from 690 to 717 my VR score i very disappointing and Im freaking out.. The count down with liek 2 days left and my VR score decreasing is just too much :O anyone do these same mocks and can you compare them to your real results? VR is scary

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the link for the interim results? I cant find it. Also anyone else think the questions are getting harder now comparing recent scores to those about a week back? mine is in a few days and this is kinda scary
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...s%20150916.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys does anyone have a medify account i could use please i would be so grateful. Pm me please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardust-dream)
    Yeah that's true! But what I'm saying is that I think the scoring for the real exam is nicer than that of the mocks- for example, if a score of 27/44 was 600 in a mock, in a real exam that score would give you 680. If you get what I mean?

(Just so everyone's aware, I made those values up. Idk if a score of 27/44 actually gives 600 in any mock tests aha )
    no the scorings the same as it has always been. Most likely is the questions were easier.

ReputationRep:
    Is a 610 UKCAT score good enough for Plymouth?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I know this may have been answered, but can somebody please tell me which medify mock is the most representative of the real thing? Please answer as I have my exam tomorrow and im stressed!!!

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikram99)
    I got:
    VR-510
    QR- 650
    AR- 580
    SJ - Band 4 😫🔫
    Average: 580
    Which unis (apart from BMAT unis)?
    Im hoping to apply for foundation medicine
    I'm hoping to apply for foundation medicine too where are you thinking of going?

ReputationRep:
    sac

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    Hi everyone,
    I know this may have been answered, but can somebody please tell me which medify mock is the most representative of the real thing? Please answer as I have my exam tomorrow and im stressed!!!

Thank you xx
    Ok so I didn't do any medify but from all the online resources I used(ukcat own practice tests, medic portal, Kaplan) I can confidently tell you that
    1. DO NOT underestimate VR, it's much harder in the real thing and my lowest score to date(530)
    2. Quantitative is much easier so really don't stress about it, I was worried about this section but ended up with 850
    3. Abstract is more or less the same, slightly easier than practice and as long as you go in with a calm mind frame you will be fine
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by aspiringmedic178)
    Is a 610 UKCAT score good enough for Plymouth?
    Hmm, last year's UKCAT cut off for Plymouth was 650. And this year, the UKCAT average appears to have increased slightly, with the publication of the UKCAT interim average scores for 2017 entry. So at the end of the UKCAT season, Plymouth may have a fairly high cut off score.

We have a great blog on where to apply if you have a low UKCAT score - just check out that hyperlink!

We've got our fingers crossed for your application. If you have some good academic scores under your belt and a great personal statement, you have a good chance!

Hope this helps,
    The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    Hi everyone,

Thank you xx
    Id say that mock 1 on medify is the best representation. I got 670 on mock 1 band 1 and then in the real thing i got 660 band 1.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.