Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicMCutuber123)
    ye m8 coolstory bro
    kys
    You are a nobody who can't spell. As if I care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    You are a nobody who can't spell. As if I care.
    umg i just got badley roasted men omfg :2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicMCutuber123)
    umg i just got badley roasted men omfg :2euk48l:
    triggered?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Year11Struggles)
    Got 10A* thought I would get 6 if I were lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome, congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I'm 37 minutes late. On the way to results day.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i get mine at 10 looking at these i dont think i'll be able to come on this site today with the feelings I normally come on with :lol:

Argh nervous af
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by lozza_X)
    I've just been informed that apparently ares aren't in envelopes? I find that awful..
    The paper should still be folded over. No grade-identifiable information should be on the outside :nah:
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by richpanda)
    I've been caught The GCSE one is the lie, I genuinely did get AAAA. In my GCSE's I only got 6 A*s
    "only"

ReputationRep:
    Not read the whole thread so sorry if someone has already asked this, how do you convert a UMS mark to a raw mark? (I'm AQA) and also has anyone found the AQA UMS grade boundaries?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by alice_h_22)
    Not read the whole thread so sorry if someone has already asked this, how do you convert a UMS mark to a raw mark? (I'm AQA) and also has anyone found the AQA UMS grade boundaries?
    Have a look here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ.../ums-converter

Enter 0 into the raw mark and it'll give you a table of raw --> UMS conversions.

The UMS boundaries are always the same - it's always 90% for the A*, 80% for the A, 70% for the B and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice_h_22)
    You can convert UMS and raw marks using exam board UMS converters. You can find AQA's UMS and raw mark converter at http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ.../ums-converter.

UMS grade boundaries are always defined in percentage terms of the total UMS across exam boards (I believe). This means that 90% of the total UMS will always be for the A*, then 80% for an A, 70% for a B, and so on and so forth (declining by 10% each time).

If the total UMS for a component is 100, the threshold for the A* is thus 90 UMS, whereas if the total UMS is 80, the threshold for the A* will be 72 (80 * 0.9).

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh guys I got 11 A* and 2A!!!! So over the moon!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone willing to help me out quickly? The problem i have is that i passed my exams, though only got C's and one B. And the subjects i want to do at 6th form say i need to get B's in them...and i got C's , i feel like i failed everything ...anyone know what i can do?

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with what I got 3 B's, 4 C's and 2 D's. I passed maths which im happy i don't have to do again and I got into my sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Amazing! Congratulations!
    (Original post by AlevelBiologist)
    Wow, well done!
    (Original post by Federerr)
    WOW! You managed to get the A* in computing.

What'd you get in A452 and A454 in marks and how many marks in the exam?
    I actually managed to get full UMS in the exam and both controlled assessments Yourself? xx

(Original post by leopard923)
    Oh my ! Well done you deserve it for your hard work

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you all so much :heart: I hope results day went well for you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Anyone got their results yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone spare a few minutes to help me out please? . The thing is my subjects i want to do at 6th form need a B in them. And in my results today i got C's and one B.... im so disappointed does this mean i have failed everything? I passed my subjects i just didn't get B's ..please can someone give me advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrex)
    Anyone willing to help me out quickly? The problem i have is that i passed my exams, though only got C's and one B. And the subjects i want to do at 6th form say i need to get B's in them...and i got C's , i feel like i failed everything ...anyone know what i can do?
    U can always retake them in sixth form or you can tell them it was just a bad exam by getting a teacher or head of year to write an email. Don't worry you didnt fail you will be fine. I wish you all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aztecqueen)
    U can always retake them in sixth form or you can tell them it was just a bad exam by getting a teacher or head of year to write an email. Don't worry you didnt fail you will be fine. I wish you all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah thanks, i really don't know what im going to do, i did my best and couldn't do more so I'm not annoyed with myself. I just really want to do them subjects that's all. I wish you the best with your results too

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how far i was from getting a c? I did psychology and got 119 UMS marks. Thanks in advance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.