The Student Room Group

Should paedophiles be released from prison?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah I think they should be released from prison. Paedophiles don't belong in prison. That's what the gallows are for.
No they shouldn't. But they should be counselled and given whatever treatment necessary in prison.
Having urges is something that they cannot control. Acting upon those urges is the part that they have a choice about.
No, paedophiles are sick.
Reply 43
They should be released and put on a reality TV show adaptation of the Saw films.
Reply 44
Original post by joeyg

The ones who go into prison are the ones who have hurt children.

I once read an article on a man who is not a paedofile, but had paedofilic tendancies - he was attracted to children, but he never touched children. He knew there was something wrong with him, so he got help. He wasn't arrested or anything.

If paedofiles recognise their is something wrong, and they are given help, then no, they shouldn't be imprisoned. You can't arrest a person on thoughts which they don't harm other people.

But the ones who sexually abuse children should be, as they have ruined that child's life. It's very disturbing and horrible for victims, a lot more than people realise. In ways, it's like murdering them; rapists and molesters can wreck lives.

So personally, I think no when a paedofile attacks as it hurts people...but help should be more clearly available for paedofiles. In a very famous case when a paedofile ring was found out, one paedofile was interviewed on radio. He mentioned he thought there was something wrong with him, but was too scared to get help. I'm not feeling sorry for him - he was a disgusting rapist - but it does show a lot of paedofiles know something is wrong. There should be more help for them, without the threat of being arrested or despised. That will bring the rate of attacks down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending