The Student Room Group

How was your last day at school and collage?

School: I was so relived haters hook I just walked out and felt full of happiness like a balloon inflating inside of me I was happy excited for the next step looking forward to my holiday (went to Singapore and Malaysia)people talking about a weight off their shoulders I don’t know about anyone else but I actually felt it physically like taking off a heavy bag knowing I was never entering that place again (my results were being posted home) was such a free feeling. My class always used to refer to the school as prison and it felt a little like I suspect getting released from prison after a 4 year sentence must feel.

Collage was little different I was expecting it to end with a bang but in reality it didn’t I finished everything and decided I would try for higher grade (I was doing BTEC so I knew my results) but they had already deleted my account so I just kind of left it ended with a whimper. Results day was funny at first my Mum point blank refused to take us (because of how my brother reacted to a bad grade the previous year.) . But after assuring her I knew my grade and fully expected a U in the IT AVCE she agreed so I went hand got my results (I actually got an E in the AVCE so I did better than expected). A friend of mine missed his offers went for like 4 pirate remarks and dropped a grade each time and end up with an E so he couldn’t even go through clearing. I actually got into my first choice which of course doing a BTEC I knew already.
Reply 1
Dull. I was glad to get out of both places. I wasn't in the country to get my college results so me uncle got them for me and just rang me up with them.
Reply 2
Original post by jonathanemptage
School: I was so relived haters hook I just walked out and felt full of happiness like a balloon inflating inside of me I was happy excited for the next step looking forward to my holiday (went to Singapore and Malaysia)people talking about a weight off their shoulders I don’t know about anyone else but I actually felt it physically like taking off a heavy bag knowing I was never entering that place again (my results were being posted home) was such a free feeling. My class always used to refer to the school as prison and it felt a little like I suspect getting released from prison after a 4 year sentence must feel.

Collage was little different I was expecting it to end with a bang but in reality it didn’t I finished everything and decided I would try for higher grade (I was doing BTEC so I knew my results) but they had already deleted my account so I just kind of left it ended with a whimper. Results day was funny at first my Mum point blank refused to take us (because of how my brother reacted to a bad grade the previous year.) . But after assuring her I knew my grade and fully expected a U in the IT AVCE she agreed so I went hand got my results (I actually got an E in the AVCE so I did better than expected). A friend of mine missed his offers went for like 4 pirate remarks and dropped a grade each time and end up with an E so he couldn’t even go through clearing. I actually got into my first choice which of course doing a BTEC I knew already.

Disappointing. Three of my friends from my group were on holiday so it was only me and two other friends. Got good gcse grades though. College- disappointing, it was during covid so couldn’t go in person to get my grades- got worse grades than I thought I would predicted AAA and got BBB due to not being able to take real exams which sucked. Nothings ever how you thought it would be.
GCSE was fun, everyone signed each others shirts. I still have the shirt in a box but the sharpies have faded a lot over the years. It was kind of pointless though cos you ended up seeing most people again for sixth form.

A2 I can't even remember, I know we had levers books but I never brought one. I ended up nicking a tiny sketchbook from the art department and getting people to sign that. Honestly I was not in a good place and didn't want to remember any of it. I remember getting the levers award for best artist which was nice but overall I was just glad to leave. I had recently been diagnosed with PCOS a few months before and I was also dealing with undiagnosed BPD and a bereavement.
Secondary school was shirt signing, then we had a water fight at lunch, followed by leavers assembly and party food, and we got our leavers hoodies. College was anti-climatic cos we got sent home cos of covid lockdown, and the rest of it was online.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
Secondary school was shirt signing, then we had a water fight at lunch, followed by leavers assembly and party food, and we got our leavers hoodies. College was anti-climatic cos we got sent home cos of covid lockdown, and the rest of it was online.

We never had any shirt signing o any thing like that even hoodies (I wouldn’t have bought one anyway I don’t want to be related to that place in any way shape or form.). We just had a good luck from the headmaster then went and did the exams and that was that (for me it was better that way because I hated school.

Quick Reply

Latest