The Student Room Group

EPQs

I am doing an EPQ and I either want to do it on the origin of language or how prison life changes a person
can anyone help me decide?
i am really interested in both
these are my ideas: The origin and evolution of language through time *
How life in prison changes people *
How cost effective are prisons and are they an effective way to discipline criminals *
The effects of bad parenting on child environment
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Both of these are such massive subjects that you couldnt even answer them in a PhD.
You need to come up with a very 'small' question to answer and one that actually has a very definite answer.

It has be to be something so straightforward that you can to it the time you have available, that it fits the word count, that its 'do-able' with the access to material and resources you have. All you have to show is that you can answer a question, plan your time, write a well constructed extended essay with a logical argument. That is all.

You might find this short (free) online course from Bath Uni is a good place to start - How to do an EPQ - Online Course (futurelearn.com) - or a different one from Southampton - Developing Your Research Project - Online Course - FutureLearn

Quick Reply

Latest