The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think it's just preposterous! Imagine having made something that you are proud of and wanting to show your potential in school only to have something like that to happen to you, poor kid, he must be scarred for life with the ordeal he has been through regarding this.
#IStandWithAhmed
Original post by queen-bee
Lol are you jelly? Ain't nobody hitting up your phone clearly

I get bee to fight my battles now :u:
Lol
FB_IMG_1442504266300.jpg
Original post by SignFromDog
So you've never been to America. You don't really know much about America. But you said "Only if you're white". On its face that comment cannot stand; the President of the United States is not white.

Like anything, the issue is complex and is an interplay between geography (the status of African Americans is different in Arkansas as against New York), class, merit and a number of other things.

Making a blanket "only if you're white" statement is not just wrong, it's also insulting to the idea of having an intelligent debate about the subject

the president of the United States isnt White, wow what a progression! stop denying white privilege.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They completely overreacted and dealt with it appallingly, but I really don't side with the people who are suggesting we should sacrifice our children's safety on the altar of political correctness.

To the untrained eye, the device could resemble a bomb (judging from the photos). The teacher had a suspicion and, in furthering their duty of care, they reported it. The overreaction was unwarranted, but how anyone can criticise the teacher for their suspicion and reporting it is beyond me.

Had it actually been a bomb, probably not made by Ahmed but given to him, there would be an outpouring of anger at officials at the school for not reporting it despite being suspicious because they didn't want to receive the sort of reaction from people in this thread.

If your child was in a classroom and the teacher saw something they suspected, rightly or wrongly, was a weapon, what would you have them do?

Ahmed was treated appallingly after the suspicion was raised, but I don't think we should criticise the school for being suspicious in the first place and reporting something that they think could be a weapon (even if unlikely).
(edited 8 years ago)
This is the clock in question. Doesn't look like a clock does it? people can spin this however they like, but given all the US school shootings the idea of a radical Muslim kid bombing a school isn't out of the question.

clk.jpg
Reply 628
Original post by n29
Who's Errm? I think you must be suffering from that odd mindset some people have that there is an organised effort against them.

I concur wholeheartedly with you.
This thread is depressing on many levels. The complete failure to grasp how trivial all this is surprises as well as disconcerts, until one remembers that many contributors here are scarcely older than the poor, victimised little lamb themselves...

There is a quite stunning lack of appreciation of quite how serious the terrorism threat is. We have thousands of sympathisers of the Islamic State and Al Qaeda in the UK alone, with similar numbers in other Western Societies. They are determined to strike at our freedoms and way of life, they seek to destroy it even.

Are you, little kids that most of you seem admittedly, unaware of this? Don't you realise that events such as this are the fault of the terrorists at root? Heavy handed though this was.

When I read BS like much of this thread it feels like IS is winning.
Reply 630
I've seen some racial prejudince in my time but by god queen-bee beats it all. I haven't read all the posts in this thread but this has nothing to do with being Muslim you stupid person.
It also has nothing to do with being 14 years old, are you saying that 14 year olds can't build a bomb, if he can build that he can build a bomb.

If this had been a bomb and no one took any interest in it and ti took out all his class and teacher, there would have been an outcry about poor security and not looking after our children.

No, queen-bee has jumped on this to make a racist slur, to try and get one up on other and make herself feel important.
Original post by n29
sado, troll, muslim?

Reported!

good luck:biggrin:
Reply 632
Original post by BaconandSauce
good luck:biggrin:

Well unfortunately i don't think it will get you the help you need, but it's a start.
Original post by Bengie
I've seen some racial prejudince in my time but by god queen-bee beats it all. I haven't read all the posts in this thread but this has nothing to do with being Muslim you stupid person.
It also has nothing to do with being 14 years old, are you saying that 14 year olds can't build a bomb, if he can build that he can build a bomb.

If this had been a bomb and no one took any interest in it and ti took out all his class and teacher, there would have been an outcry about poor security and not looking after our children.

No, queen-bee has jumped on this to make a racist slur, to try and get one up on other and make herself feel important.

Please learn to speak prejudice beforehand. And yes this was a racist and islamophobic incident in my opinion and its caused outrage on social media. I'm not the only one with those views.
Original post by queen-bee
Please learn to speak prejudice beforehand. And yes this was a racist and islamophobic incident in my opinion and its caused outrage on social media. I'm not the only one with those views.

Argumentum ad populum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 635
Original post by Bengie

argumentum ad passiones
Original post by DiddyDec
Argumentum ad populum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I'm glad it's gained popularity. Hopefully next time,crap like this doesn't happen again.
TO INFORM EVERYONE.

He was actually arrested on his attitude. He refused to inform and tell the teachers what he had made. They asked him what it was, he said he didn't know, when he obviously did. They gave him a number of chances to explain what the device was but he refused. His attitude is appealing.

This has nothing to do with Islam or race. It was simply his attitude.
Reply 638
I'm not the one trolling a student forum after being banned for telling other posters to kill themselves

Nonsense

as I say it's all rather sad and such a shame some people abuse TSR in this way

I was banned weeks ago out of no where without warning or reason. I'm just hanging around till i get an explanation.

Rule breaking again btw. No talking about moderation issues, reported again, :wink: please stop abusing TSR.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by n29
Nonsense

I was banned weeks ago out of no where without warning or reason. I'm just hanging around till i get an explanation.

Rule breaking again btw. No talking about moderation issues, reported again, :wink: please stop abusing TSR.

I do know creating seconds accounts while being banned leads to a further ban

Bye then:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending