The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andersson
I'm reading the pages in the CGP revision guide then testing myself with the question book and marking it with the answer book. How about you? Make sure you don't just read about it and try and answer some questions to learn it best.

Oh, and I'm drinking lots and lots of coffee.

I had no clue there was a workbook - I'm looking for it on Amazon but they seem really expensive as in (6 pound for both the workbook and answers for each subject). As I recently just bought 2 CGP books with my own money, my school sold the maths ones for 2.50 so it's a big leap from 2.50 to 6 pound.

Although, what I'm doing is I was doing the revision questions summary and then ones I don't know I go back to my revision guide and memorize and learn the answer. Plus, on top of that, I'm stressing about History as I'm so damn focused on Biology.. :angry:
Original post by ryanb97

Spoiler

Are you taking bio next year?
i think B6 is dull....but the stuff in B4 is easy to remember

ryan

That's real funny, Ryan. Maybe I like it... :colone:
has anyone revised chemisty yet? i'm leaving it for tues/weds but is that risky?
Reply 663
Original post by IHTWFR
That's real funny, Ryan. Maybe I like it... :colone:

Spoiler

do you like tht?
Reply 664
Original post by benwalters1996
has anyone revised chemisty yet? i'm leaving it for tues/weds but is that risky?

nope...C4 is piss....C5 is all calculations

its only C6 tbh
Reply 665
Original post by ryanb97

Spoiler

ryan

touché :frown:

wow guys that's a little immature? :rolleyes:
Reply 667
Original post by IHTWFR
I had no clue there was a workbook - I'm looking for it on Amazon but they seem really expensive as in (6 pound for both the workbook and answers for each subject). As I recently just bought 2 CGP books with my own money, my school sold the maths ones for 2.50 so it's a big leap from 2.50 to 6 pound.

Although, what I'm doing is I was doing the revision questions summary and then ones I don't know I go back to my revision guide and memorize and learn the answer. Plus, on top of that, I'm stressing about History as I'm so damn focused on Biology.. :angry:

No point buying biology or chemistry ones now, but you could buy the physics ones because they're so useful. Yeah the summary is alright but the question book makes sure you know every little detail.
Original post by ryanb97
nope...C4 is piss....C5 is all calculations

its only C6 tbh

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT THOUGHT THAT LOL! C4 is fooking easy like Tulisa getting caught selling crack and C5 calculations is easy, I'm just focusing on C6.

Don't act like you never liked it, bro.
Original post by ryanb97

Are you taking bio next year?
i think B6 is dull....but the stuff in B4 is easy to remember

ryan

B4<B6 In my opinion :P

And helll no! are you?
No point buying biology or chemistry ones now, but you could buy the physics ones because they're so useful. Yeah the summary is alright but the question book makes sure you know every little detail.

Yes I was thinking of leaving the Chemistry ones and just order the Physics ones as my revision schedule has not included physics once. I feel confident in B4 and B5, I don't really think there's a need for me to go over B5 as my coursework grade (thanks to my ****ty teacher) means I can't get an A* overall. However how hard is it to get 124/ 160 UMS, not that hard right?
Reply 671
Original post by IHTWFR
Yes I was thinking of leaving the Chemistry ones and just order the Physics ones as my revision schedule has not included physics once. I feel confident in B4 and B5, I don't really think there's a need for me to go over B5 as my coursework grade (thanks to my ****ty teacher) means I can't get an A* overall. However how hard is it to get 124/ 160 UMS, not that hard right?

124 is easy, the first half of the exam marks get you loads of UMS for each mark, then it begins to slow down as you near full marks (each mark is worth less UMS) so I would guess that 124/160 is roughly half raw marks. You'll be fine!
124 is easy, the first half of the exam marks get you loads of UMS for each mark, then it begins to slow down as you near full marks (each mark is worth less UMS) so I would guess that 124/160 is roughly half raw marks. You'll be fine!

I hope so, maybe I need a bit of penetration inserting fluids into me which could boost my memory :colone:
Reply 673
Original post by Jatz07
hey

how many UMS do you need in the exam to get A* overall?

with me, i retook b1, b2 b3 in january 2013 and got 140 ums, my C/A in bio is 46/48 (i don't know how many UMS)

so far:

bio: 140/140 ums
chem: 140/140 ums
physics: 120/140 ums (don't ask)

OK now time for a chocolate trifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you done the specimen paper yet babes ? <3

Jatz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm scared, we got literally the same marks for biology exam and C/W! Weird. Anyway I'm pretty sure it's 360/400 (90%) UMS for an A*. Also I don't know how much CW marks are in UMS. You should be able to get mid-high As in this exam and come out with A*s (providing your C/W is good in chem and phys).

andersson x
Reply 674
Original post by IHTWFR
I hope so, maybe I need a bit of penetration inserting fluids into me which could boost my memory :colone:

WTF???

Spoiler

Original post by NatashaG
B4<B6 In my opinion :P

And helll no! are you?

Yeah,,, it is a fairly easy subject in my opinion ... what are you taking ... what do you want to do at uni ( im presuming your going to go ) ?

Ryan
Reply 675
Original post by IHTWFR

Original post by ryanb97
WTF???

Spoiler

Ryan

WHAT THE HELL IHTWFR?!?!? You cheating bastard. :'(
Can anyone link me to the Specimen Paper for B456?:frown:
Original post by ryanb97

Yeah,,, it is a fairly easy subject in my opinion ... what are you taking ... what do you want to do at uni ( im presuming your going to go ) ?

Ryan

ohh well fair enough, I don't like it because it's mainly based on memory at GCSE :/

I'm taking-
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Philosophy + Ethics

and I hope to do a physics and philosophy degree ...how about youuu?
Reply 678
[QUOTE="Jatz07;43058900"]
Original post by ryanb97
WTF???

Spoiler

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this made me laugh!!! hahahahahahahahahaha... I'm trying to revise but i cannot stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!! maybe the guy has been revising too much of the 7th topic of b5 :wink:

Jatz

blood clotting and transfusions? :confused:
Original post by ryanb97
WTF???

Spoiler

Ryan

How could you?

WHAT THE HELL IHTWFR?!?!? You cheating bastard. :'(

He Photoshopped it or I think I was hacked ?

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can anyone link me to the Specimen Paper for B456?:frown:

I'll attach it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending