The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Unofficial Mark scheme: AQA GCSE Biology Higher Combined 8464/1H 16th May 2023

:woo: Well done on completing the exam everyone! :woo:

This thread is to share your answers, I'll collate them later on today into this Original Post. :smile: Between us this should create an unofficial mark scheme, allowing people to get an idea of their performance in this exam. :yy:

Let's get building!

Answers

1. Cancer
etc.
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tagging in everyone that posted in the exam chat. This is your space to work together and create the answers for the unofficial markscheme if you would like to!

EH

1 Combined AQA Biology Paper

Reply 2
question one, the communicable disease one was (fairly certain) cancer, probably the nicest intro to a biology paper ive ever gotten
Original post by xhiba
question one, the communicable disease one was (fairly certain) cancer, probably the nicest intro to a biology paper ive ever gotten

Amazing, do you remember the question and I can get that edited in
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Homer
Amazing, do you remember the question and I can get that edited in

Which one of the following is an example of a non-communicable disease?
HIV
Gonorrhea
Measles
Cancer

i think those were the options but im not entirely sure
Original post by xhiba
Which one of the following is an example of a non-communicable disease?
HIV
Gonorrhea
Measles
Cancer

i think those were the options but im not entirely sure

Added that in for now :smile: Thanks!
Reply 6

This thread is to share your answers, I'll collate them later on today into this Original Post. :smile: Between us this should create an unofficial mark scheme, allowing people to get an idea of their performance in this exam. :yy:

Answers

1. Cancer
etc.

will there be / is there an unofficial mark scheme for triple aqa?
Original post by ILoveEng
will there be / is there an unofficial mark scheme for triple aqa?

Here you go :smile:

AQA Triple Unofficial Markscheme Paper 1
what did people write for the national policies or something? I wrote that governemnt should make exercises in school compulsory and free for the older peopl

Let's get building!

Answers

1. Cancer
etc.
Reply 9
it wasnt what they should do but what they had done

Original post by realMadrid.14
what did people write for the national policies or something? I wrote that governemnt should make exercises in school compulsory and free for the older peopl
There was a question about differences of structure between arteries and veins
Reply 11
Original post by sumeya123…
There was a question about differences of structure between arteries and veins

Adding onto this, it specifically said not to mention valves as that was in the previous question, I can't remember the wording for that though.

1.2 was name a non-communicable disease not mentioned in 1.1 which obesity is a risk factor for. This then led onto 1.3 which said that lowering sugar levels in some food and drinks could reduce obesity, name one other national policy that could be done.
difference in structure I wrote 1.arteries are much more thicker and 2. they have elastic muscular fibers allowing them to stretch.
1.3) National policy- should Include compulsory excersize in all schools
1.2) obesity is a risk factor to Coronary heart disease/ Diabetes
Anyone knows why starch must be digested? I wrote to be broken down and stored as glucose which the body uses for respiration to produce energy.
and also.. WTF is the liquid at 0g/dm3.. I pretty sure its still iodine.. I think its a trick question
i put distilled water for that one?
Reply 15
Bro Question 7 on combined science paper had nothing to do with what we learnt did anyone else notice. the petri dish experiment we never learnt and mutations and reproducing bacteria was never part of the combined science specification. it only mentions the part how they can mutate and become resistant thats it
(edited 11 months ago)
(Original post by Lil Sumi)Bro Question 7 on combined science paper had nothing to do with what we learnt did anyone else notice

Exactly bhruv.... I bet most of the people got it wrong..
Whats the independent variable? I wrote the thingies used to test those 4 things
Reply 17
(Original post by Lil Sumi)Bro Question 7 on combined science paper had nothing to do with what we learnt did anyone else notice

Whats the independent variable? I wrote the thingies used to test those 4 things

I think the AQA should do something how can u mix up specifications like that so illegal
Original post by Lil Sumi
I think the AQA should do something how can u mix up specifications like that so illegal

I dont even think they gonna cancel it.. Is there a chance? they omitting the entire question? or giving full marks for that particular question?

I got a question on Beta Blockers in 2019, yeah... not great AQA.

Latest

Trending

Trending