Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Congrats to offer holders!

Find it odd how they're giving offers out without interviewing anyone. They said that an early interview doesn't mean you're a stronger applicant!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An early interview doesn't mean you are a stronger candidate but they will give offers to those who have already interviewed if they really, really want them. When I was interviewed they told us that if we achieved a high overall interview mark then we would receive offers before they've finished interviewing. The people who have received holding letters are the candidates who they want to keep for now until they've interviewed everyone and have worked out what sort of overall standard there is this year. If that makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdj98)
    Got invited to interview earlier today via track but I wasn't emailed by Keele about the interview......... Is this the usual?

Completely normal, I didn't hear from Keele for a couple of days after I was notified via track so don't panic, you should get something through from them by next week. Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email saying keele are considering my application... when did everyone get this email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarzum)
    I just got an email saying keele are considering my application... when did everyone get this email?
    I just got that email at 4.04 am. Not sure if it means we have an interview or not :s

ReputationRep:
    I just got it too. Think it's just to try and get us to fill the survey in!

ReputationRep:
    I got an email about the interview and firmed my date about 3 days ago (got my invite to an interview 8days ago) but I my UCAS says nth about the interview..? does anyone know anything abt this? thanks! i am a gr12 student from canada if that at all seems useful. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected. Email + track update. Less than 22% of applicants are interviewed- I didn't know that. Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibflub10)
    I just got that email at 4.04 am. Not sure if it means we have an interview or not :s
    definitely to try and get you to fill in a survey!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarzum)
    I got it at around 4.04am! Don't know what this means?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My e-mail came in at 4:10 am. Was literally shaking as I know it's out of regular office hours so thought it would be a rejection.
    I suppose this is their way of saying we should hear back soon. And them 'reviewing' it is better than a flat out no. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deviance)
    I am a graduate in Biomedical Science, my UKCAT was not great it was 635 but I think it was still higher than the threshold I think? I'm broken hearted.. oh well guess I wasn't good enough
    Don't despair-there are other ways of going about it. Have you thought of overseas courses? Also it might just not be your destiny. Without wishing to be negative amidst all this youthful optimism there are loads of drawbacks to medicine- litigation, stress, demanding patients, staff and managers. Antisocial hours and frankly poor pay for your qualifications. All the very best to you!! ( Katemeisters dad)

ReputationRep:
    I also got the email from admissions at 4.04am...it was such a weird time to send an email! I am a graduate also. I guess we are going to be kept in suspense over the weekend now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deviance)
    I am a graduate in Biomedical Science, my UKCAT was not great it was 635 but I think it was still higher than the threshold I think? I'm broken hearted.. oh well guess I wasn't good enough
    I'm a biomed graduate too. I know its hard hearing that you have been rejected as a graduate and knowing its another year out but don't be disheartened by it and don't let other people put you off it either, if it is medicine you want to study. It's just a matter of self-reviewing where you think you went wrong and improving those faults and going again next year. Just think of it as you will be an even more improved medical applicant next year, and hopefully an even better doctor.

ReputationRep:
    lol apparently everyone who applied to keele got sent that email. And there was me thinking it actually meant something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronte_girl)
    lol apparently everyone who applied to keele got sent that email. And there was me thinking it actually meant something!
    Lol that's annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny786)
    Congrats bro! What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    GCSE: 8A* 5A
    AS: 4 A's
    UKCAT: 648 band 2 SJT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehwang98)
    I got an email about the interview and firmed my date about 3 days ago (got my invite to an interview 8days ago) but I my UCAS says nth about the interview..? does anyone know anything abt this? thanks! i am a gr12 student from canada if that at all seems useful. Thanks!
    Did you get a survey e-mail too,before interview.

when is your interview. I'm from Canada too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fantabomb)
    Did you get a survey e-mail too,before interview.

when is your interview. I'm from Canada too
    i got the survey email about a week or two after my interview email. did u get an interview too? if so does ur UCAS state that u do? thx!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer on Friday for A100! Interview was on 6th Jan. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombatt)
    I got an offer on Friday for A100! Interview was on 6th Jan. Anyone else?
    Are you a grad/international? If not what are your stats?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.