The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deviance
I am a graduate in Biomedical Science, my UKCAT was not great it was 635 but I think it was still higher than the threshold I think? I'm broken hearted.. oh well guess I wasn't good enough

Don't despair-there are other ways of going about it. Have you thought of overseas courses? Also it might just not be your destiny. Without wishing to be negative amidst all this youthful optimism there are loads of drawbacks to medicine- litigation, stress, demanding patients, staff and managers. Antisocial hours and frankly poor pay for your qualifications. All the very best to you!! ( Katemeisters dad)
I also got the email from admissions at 4.04am...it was such a weird time to send an email! I am a graduate also. I guess we are going to be kept in suspense over the weekend now :s-smilie:
Reply 722
I am a graduate in Biomedical Science, my UKCAT was not great it was 635 but I think it was still higher than the threshold I think? I'm broken hearted.. oh well guess I wasn't good enough

I'm a biomed graduate too. I know its hard hearing that you have been rejected as a graduate and knowing its another year out but don't be disheartened by it and don't let other people put you off it either, if it is medicine you want to study. It's just a matter of self-reviewing where you think you went wrong and improving those faults and going again next year. Just think of it as you will be an even more improved medical applicant next year, and hopefully an even better doctor.
lol apparently everyone who applied to keele got sent that email. And there was me thinking it actually meant something!
Original post by Bronte_girl
lol apparently everyone who applied to keele got sent that email. And there was me thinking it actually meant something!

Lol that's annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny786
Congrats bro! What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE: 8A* 5A
AS: 4 A's
UKCAT: 648 band 2 SJT
Original post by ehwang98
I got an email about the interview and firmed my date about 3 days ago (got my invite to an interview 8days ago) but I my UCAS says nth about the interview..? does anyone know anything abt this? thanks! i am a gr12 student from canada if that at all seems useful. Thanks!

Did you get a survey e-mail too,before interview.

when is your interview. I'm from Canada too
Original post by fantabomb
Did you get a survey e-mail too,before interview.

when is your interview. I'm from Canada too

i got the survey email about a week or two after my interview email. did u get an interview too? if so does ur UCAS state that u do? thx!
I got an offer on Friday for A100! Interview was on 6th Jan. Anyone else?
Reply 729
Original post by wombatt
I got an offer on Friday for A100! Interview was on 6th Jan. Anyone else?

Are you a grad/international? If not what are your stats?
Original post by sssbbb
Are you a grad/international? If not what are your stats?

Nope, just school leaver. Not sure about giving my stats just yet haha
Original post by ehwang98
i got the survey email about a week or two after my interview email. did u get an interview too? if so does ur UCAS state that u do? thx!

nop
Original post by vka94
I'm a biomed graduate too. I know its hard hearing that you have been rejected as a graduate and knowing its another year out but don't be disheartened by it and don't let other people put you off it either, if it is medicine you want to study. It's just a matter of self-reviewing where you think you went wrong and improving those faults and going again next year. Just think of it as you will be an even more improved medical applicant next year, and hopefully an even better doctor.

Thank you for that, that meant alot. I just thought this year was my strongest application compared to others - so I'm not 100% sure what I'm missing. Maybe my UKCAT wasn't good enough. Maybe my form didn't sound good. Whatever the reason I hope I get constructive feedback later on so I know what to aim for. Good luck for your application have you heard back?
Has anyone heard today? I bumped into a final year Keele medical student in a restaurant working as a waitress yesterday who said not to panic! Hope everyone is holding up well, the pressure is getting to me and I'm starting to worry
Reply 734
Thank you for that, that meant alot. I just thought this year was my strongest application compared to others - so I'm not 100% sure what I'm missing. Maybe my UKCAT wasn't good enough. Maybe my form didn't sound good. Whatever the reason I hope I get constructive feedback later on so I know what to aim for. Good luck for your application have you heard back?

no problem, I haven't heard back as of yet. Hope you get the feedback after all this is done!
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Has anyone heard today? I bumped into a final year Keele medical student in a restaurant working as a waitress yesterday who said not to panic! Hope everyone is holding up well, the pressure is getting to me and I'm starting to worry

Not yet - the torture continues
Good luck
Original post by Katemeister
Not yet - the torture continues
Good luck

Thanks you too :smile:
I feel like they've forgot about me. Just let me know :frown:
Anyone heard today? starting to lose hope! Anyone fancy ringing keele today and see what they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AFC_123456789
I feel like they've forgot about me. Just let me know :frown:

I feel the same :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending