The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln Uni Adult nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Many nursing applicant have a need to park a car for placements. Car parking is an option at park view and not really anywhere else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 61
Does anyone know how placements for this course at this uni work? Block placements (i.e. 5 weeks of uni and then 5 weeks at placement intervals) or all year around with some days in uni and some days at placement?

thank youuu
Reply 62
I have applied for accomodation and didnt include park view but wondering whether i should change it. it is very far out of the way and is like a 30 minute walk to the think tank. i dont know what to do, theres too many decisions!
Reply 63
Original post by curgem
I have applied for accomodation and didnt include park view but wondering whether i should change it. it is very far out of the way and is like a 30 minute walk to the think tank. i dont know what to do, theres too many decisions!

Where else have you put down for accommodation?
I am actually a current student at Lincoln, looking at changing direction so I can answer peoples questions about living in Lincoln, freshers, etc. in exchange for course information =D
Reply 64
ive applied to pavillions (near the think tank), St marks, The Junxion and the Gateway :smile:
Reply 65
The Pavillions is meant to be quite nice, it's the more expensive end of the scale but it is on site (just a bit further away from clubs, closer to Mcdonalds though haha). I'm not too sure where St Marks or The Gateway is but The Juxions is okay for location as it is nearer to clubs than Pavillions and near the main parts of university, plus you have a bank machine and Spar on your door step. Only down side is it is the more expensive accommodation and when I have been there it was a little bit grubby for me! They do however have courtyards which is nice. I live in Brayford Quay which is the only that always immediately gets booked up
Reply 66
i dont know whether to apply for the park view accommodation, as that is for nursing. but it seems so far out from the think tank. but then i would like to be surrounded by other student nurses. its so difficult to make a decision
Reply 67
I do know student nurses that stay in none nursing halls and they seem to be okay. Only downfall is during the first few months people will be noisy when coming in from a night out. If you can cope with that or do what I did and punish them by doing the same back weeks later..youll be fine :smile:
I only wanted to apply for park view as I really would like car parking, plus I think it would benefit me if I knew people were in the same course as me, who you would be able to ask for help!
Max 20min walk to think tank. About 10 mins to town

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Geo21
Does anyone know how placements for this course at this uni work? Block placements (i.e. 5 weeks of uni and then 5 weeks at placement intervals) or all year around with some days in uni and some days at placement?

thank youuu

They are in block placements. In my 1st year I had two placements. The first one was 10 weeks long with a week back in uni after the 5th placement week. My 2nd placement was 9 weeks long.

For 2nd year there are 3 placements that are 6 weeks long plus a 4 week elective placement.

Hope this helps a bit.
Reply 71
Does anyone know how placements are chosen? Do we apply for a chosen placement or are they allocated randomly?
Original post by cjhhptb
Does anyone know how placements are chosen? Do we apply for a chosen placement or are they allocated randomly?

They are allocated randomly. You tend to have a medical placement, a surgical placement, a community placement, critical care placement and a speciality one in your first two years. You will also have an elective placement in which you can choose where you want to go, which can include going abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest