The Student Room Group

uni

if you applied to 5 unis with the same course, will all of them ask for an interview?
Hi there,

For me, I found that of the 5 universities I was accepted to, there was only one that made me have an interview, and that was Oxford. I accepted my place at Lancaster to study Geography without doing an interview. Ultimately, I'd say it depends on the University and the degree. :smile:

Hope this helps,
Tyler (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by nomar567
if you applied to 5 unis with the same course, will all of them ask for an interview?

Eldest daughter applied for physics/phys and astrophysics, physics with particle physics. She got straight offer from Leicester, Interviews at Lancaster, Oxford and York.
Youngest daughter applied for zoology/animal behaviour, and she got straight offers from Bangor/Lancaster/Lincoln/Reading/Chester, she didnt need to do an interview.

Oxford or Cambridge most definitely what ever the course same for medicine,. For other unis, the sciences are most likely, but not every uni.
Reply 3
Vet, Med, Dent, teaching, pharmacy, nursing etc. will interview - very few Unis now interview for any other subjects.
depends what unis they are, it should say on their websites
Original post by nomar567

Hi there @nomar567 I hope you're well! :cool:

Definitely, to agree with other people on this thread (that have some great advice :biggrin:), it depends on the programme that you have applied for as well as the University. Pharmacy, Nursing, some performing arts programmes, and other courses may require an interview but you will be contacted if this is the case:call:

A helpful indicator, as @Username123ab said, is to look on the University website for an indicator - some course pages under the Entry Criteria list if an Interview is required (or a portfolio or audition).

I hope this helps and best of luck with your applications!:blow:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending