The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Dylann
Maybe email them telling them you'd prefer Collingwood over Butler? Seems like now is best before everyone is allocated

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think there is much point tbh, most people rarely get their preferred college anyway :smile: Last year I wanted Butler but got Collingwood, so i'll just see what happens :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
I think I applied to Hatfield but I honestly can't remember :tongue: I've already firmed because I'm not actually bothered which college I get as long as it's catered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for compSci at Hatfield :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
I applied to Josephine Butler. Really hope I get it! Have applied to do Geography BA. Is anyone visiting soon?
Received THE offer yesterday for MChem(Industry):smile:.I applied for St.Cuthbert's. Will I enter to the allocation these days?
Reply 65
Original post by trubadur
Received THE offer yesterday for MChem(Industry):smile:.I applied for St.Cuthbert's. Will I enter to the allocation these days?

Check the letter you received and it should tell you.

College allocations didn't seem to start until late on the Tuesday last year, so still maybe another 2 days until we start hearing anything :frown:
Thanks for your answer.The letter is very generic, 'allocation starts in Feb and colleges will contact you by March 1'.
I was just curious to find ways to know the decision asap:smile: (the previous announcement was that only the offer holders prior to Febr 1, will be allocated by March 1)
Which college did you you chose? :goodluck:
Original post by XmollyX
I don't think there is much point tbh, most people rarely get their preferred college anyway :smile: Last year I wanted Butler but got Collingwood, so i'll just see what happens :biggrin:

I was in this position. Once I received my offer, I rang them to ask if I could make a college preference. Their reply was no, not after the initial application has been made.
Reply 68
Original post by Maturestudent
I was in this position. Once I received my offer, I rang them to ask if I could make a college preference. Their reply was no, not after the initial application has been made.

I feel like they should allow offer holders to change college preference within a week of getting the offer, because a lot of people don't take much notice when initially applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by trubadur
Thanks for your answer.The letter is very generic, 'allocation starts in Feb and colleges will contact you by March 1'.
I was just curious to find ways to know the decision asap:smile: (the previous announcement was that only the offer holders prior to Febr 1, will be allocated by March 1)
Which college did you you chose? :goodluck:

Ah i see, i assume you will hear sometime after 1st march if you didnt get an offer until now, but i dont really know how theyre going to do it :tongue:

I applied to St Chads, although i dont really mind if i get reallocated as a lot of the colleges look really nice!
Reply 70
Original post by Dylann
I feel like they should allow offer holders to change college preference within a week of getting the offer, because a lot of people don't take much notice when initially applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean, but it would be WAY too difficult/annoying for them to do that. They allocate colleges statistically so they have a specific number of people for each degree, if they let loads of people change their college it would screw that all up haha :colondollar:

Tbh even if you don't get allocated the college you want, you WILL grow to love it, everyone does! :biggrin:
Original post by Dylann

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their policy is to not let anyone change after the 1st February I think. I wanted to change after my offer and phone them up and they changed it for me
I have applied for university but I really wish I'd chosen Butler or one of the other hill colleges. I received my offer a couple days ago and I've firmed it, I don't suppose there's anything I can do now. Oh well, I am sure I'll like wherever I end up.
Original post by Loreenaj
I've applied for Natural sciences and Biological sciences at Durham too. Got offers for both of them and now waiting for college allocation. I've applied to St Chad's but I know that it's a very popular college so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Exactly the same as me! :biggrin: Well done on the offers! I got rejected for Natural Sciences last week but I have an offer for Biological Sciences (Biochemistry) which is probably the one I would have accepted anyway so I'm still really happy with that. Hopefully we can both get into St Chad's then! :smile: Are you going to the open day?
Reply 74
Original post by amelia_jw
I have applied for university but I really wish I'd chosen Butler or one of the other hill colleges. I received my offer a couple days ago and I've firmed it, I don't suppose there's anything I can do now. Oh well, I am sure I'll like wherever I end up.

if it really bothers you, there'd be less of an issue switching you from the bailey to the hill, as the hill is far less subscribed (except butler) than the bailey colleges :smile:
Has anyone received their college yet?
Original post by Universitygirl
Has anyone received their college yet?

It doesn't look like it! I'm so nervous about finding out! Which college have you applied for??
Original post by Vesper Logan
It doesn't look like it! I'm so nervous about finding out! Which college have you applied for??

St Mary's
Reply 78
Apparently last year they came out on the 18th which was a Tuesday, so hopefully we'll start hearing by tomorrow day after

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
Apparently last year they came out on the 18th which was a Tuesday, so hopefully we'll start hearing by tomorrow day after

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds promising:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest