Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    to get 100 ums, is 75/75 marks usually required?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laprug)
    Yh thats what i got. Thanks god lol. I think it was q8 as q7 was the intergration section
    anyone remember how the question where they asked to show that it was a decreasing function?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew Dainty)
    to get 100 ums, is 75/75 marks usually required?
    My estimate is 73 for 100UMS on this paper. Usually its 74, but I feel there were many rooms for mistakes on this paper.

ReputationRep:
    for one of my questions, I noticed I made a mistake early on
    I factorised out the two when completing the square but forgot to divide the 4, do you think I will get follow through marks ? :// I'm seriously worried I only noticed when I had 50 seconds left.

it was something like -2(x-4)^2

(Original post by Jacobisswaggy)
    For the one where you had to prove it was a minimum value, I believe you first need to find that it is a stationary point by subbing in to dy/dx, then subbing in to d^2y/dx^2 to show it is a minimum.

I base this on the fact the question was 4 marks, and it wouldn't be 4 marks for only subbing in to d^2y/dx^2.
    this is exactly what I thought but I tried putting the value into dy/dx like twice and I couldn't get zero so I just left it with d2y/dx2 :/

(Original post by chemica)
    anyone remember how the question where they asked to show that it was a decreasing function?
    I think it was part of the question I just quoted
    something like dy/dx = (-2)^5 -9 (-2)^2 not entirely sure
    My estimate is 73 for 100UMS on this paper. Usually its 74, but I feel there were many rooms for mistakes on this paper.
    practically everything was fractions!!I had to do all the questions twice...

ReputationRep:
    I think i got 71/75 on this paper. oh well :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    The q 'stated' (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2 = k
    where 'k' = r^2 = 65
    anyone who put sqroot65 is wrong and would of lost 1 mark
    I've done a few past papers and sometimes they allow a mistake of finding r or r^2, so if your lucky you may get the mark for doing root65

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassette)
    Wait, are we 100% positive the first question asked for a parallel line? I could have sworn it said perpendicular and gave 5/3 as my gradient...
    it said parallel to the curve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by osshhas)
    Could you include how many marks each question is work. I think Question 1) 2
    2) 5
    i will try if i can remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanigger)
    it said parallel to the curve
    ****. I can't remember how much of the rest of question 1 is screwed up by this now. I thought I had around 71/75, so much for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    this is exactly what I thought but I tried putting the value into dy/dx like twice and I couldn't get zero so I just left it :/

I think it was part of the question I just quoted
    I subbed point P, x coordinate into dy/dx and got 0 and said that it was a decreasing function. It is the x- coordinate of P right ?

ReputationRep:
    ****. I can't remember how much of the rest of question 1 is screwed up by this now. I thought I had around 71/75, so much for that.
    XD same with me lol i went in saying 100 ums here i come went out saying how much do milkmen get paid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemica)
    I subbed point P, x coordinate into dy/dx and got 0 and said that it was a decreasing function. It is the x- coordinate of P right ?
    yes you use the x coordinate of p
    I put dy/dx <0, then put in P and showed it was less than zero and therefore decreasing

on one of the questions P was (-2,24) idk if it's the same one and might trigger someone's memory on the rest of the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanigger)
    Unoffical Mark scheme for C1 AQA 2016

It would help if you could link answers to questions as i cant remember them

Questions
    1) a)Asked to work out gradient of a tangent, m= - 5/3 [2]
    b)Asked to find co-ordinates of B B( - 3,4) [3]
    c)Asked to find K K= - 30 [2]

2) a) simplify (3√5)^2 = 45 [2?]
    b) i cant remember the question but the answer was75 - 32√5 [5]

3) a) y=(x-7/2)^2 - 41/4
    b) min value = -41/4
    c) Translation of (1/2 , 41/4)

4) a) show that (x+3) was a factor of x^3 - 5x^2 -8x + 48, p(-3) = 0, (x+3) is a factor of p(x).
    b) three linear factors of p(x) = (x+3)(x-4)(x-4)
    c) find remainder when p(x) was divided by (x+2) R=20
    d) Factorise p(x) using (x+2) R = (x-2)(x^2-3x+14) + 20 [3]

5) a) asked to find equation of circle (x-5)^2+(y+3)^2=65 (note 65 = r^2) [3]
    b) asked to find co-ordinates of B (AB is diameter) B ( 12, -7) [2]
    c) asked to find equation of tangent at A 7x-4y+18=0 [5]
    d) asked to find length of CT = 9 [2]

6) a) y=-32x-40
    b)Q(-5/4) [1]
    c) upside down positive graph passing through y axis at 8 [2]
    d) x = -1±√5

7) a) i think there was 4 parts to this question i cant remember part a and b
    b)
    c) definite integral = 81/4 [5]
    d) area of shaded region = 45/4 [3]

8) a) cant remember anything except the answers were k>6 and k<-3/2

Answers that need a question to be assigned to
    - k=4 and k=20
    - d^2y/dx^2= - 2x - 9x^2 sub in x-coord of p to get 45, 45>0 therefore minimum
    5c is wrong there was a integer of 1

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if I got 20 1/3 for question 7c will I get full marks for getting 11 1/3 for part d do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    yes you use the x coordinate of p
    I put dy/dx <0, then put in P and showed it was less than zero and therefore decreasing

on one of the questions P was (-2,24) idk if it's the same one and might trigger someone's memory on the rest of the question
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Wait, are we 100% positive the first question asked for a parallel line? I could have sworn it said perpendicular and gave 5/3 as my gradient...
    For parallel it gives you the answer -5/3 if you rearrange the equation and divide by 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rit101)
    Nope pretty sure the top students in my Sixth Form got root65 as the radius
    Its root 64

ReputationRep:
    What was the question for k=4 and k=20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bendrake123)
    Its root 64
    it is root 65

been discussed many times and proven

ReputationRep:
    For all those getting 34 as the radius squared, I'm sorry but you're wrong.

To find the radius you find the length between centre C and point A.

C (5,-3). A (-2,1) root(7^2+4^2) = root(49+16)

=root(65)

Then square root(65) for k in the question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.