The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Would you see your car's headlights if you were travelling at the speed of light... Help
Original post by examhermit_
Seriously chemistry was ridiculous and i seem to be the only one:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean, you found chemistry hard?
It doesn't matter because you might be better at biology or physics
Like how I found b2 kinda hard but c2 more easier
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
AHH **** I wrote that it is very reactive so high temperatures will be required/ specific conditions which will be expensive... Help do I get any marks for this **** oh godness

It was out of 2 so I think you'll get 1 for stating that it's very reactive.

One second let me pull up my revision book...

*10 seconds later* All it says about this question in my revision guide is "When mixed with acid, potassium reacts very violently and vigorously. It is a dangerous reaction" so yeah, for two marks I assume one is for saying it's vigorous and the other for saying it's dangerous for the student to do it.
Original post by jackleeson
What was the answer to the potassium and acid question about why the student shouldn't react them ?

I said the reaction is too violent to be done
Would you see your car's headlights if you were travelling at the speed of light... Help

No... I do not think so anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
On C3 what did you get for the questions with the graph about ammonia production? I think I said that lower temperatures aren't used because that would increase the backwards reaction. For the one where you had to circle a number I circled the highest and said that higher pressures aren't used because it would be too expensive. Does anyone know if these are right?
Original post by jjsnyder
It'll drop you 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah man I was thinking dangerous as well... Maybe you get marks for saying that it is either dangerous or that it requires high temps as if this is done in a school then they won't have the resources... Hmmm *prays
What did people get for whats formed at the negative electrode?

In fact I'm certain, you wouldn't, as the light rays of the headlights would be travelling at the same speed as your car, so you wouldn't be there to witness the light shining on to the road

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the calculation for the bond energy question?
I remember it was something like:

x + x = 2H(2)0
x + x = 464 x 4 = 1852

is this right and does anyone know the equation?
Original post by hannah4262
On C3 what did you get for the questions with the graph about ammonia production? I think I said that lower temperatures aren't used because that would increase the backwards reaction. For the one where you had to circle a number I circled the highest and said that higher pressures aren't used because it would be too expensive. Does anyone know if these are right?

I'm pretty sure the question was why aren't lower pressures used, and not higher.
Would it restore high temps anyways guys for potassium or not it's just I saw magnesium was around the same reactivity and that has a high boiling point hmm
Original post by mani119
What did people get for whats formed at the negative electrode?

Zinc, don't know why people got hydrogen, it was molten not in a solution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 893
Ahh **** so was it exothermic , and the graph that means the line wouldve been lower .. Oh man thought it was endo thermic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by co16
ahh **** so was it exothermic , and the graph that means the line wouldve been lower .. Oh man thought it was endo thermic

the question said that the reaction was exothermic.
Original post by co16
Ahh **** so was it exothermic , and the graph that means the line wouldve been lower .. Oh man thought it was endo thermic

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend did this, to be fair you can't really blame AQA for that one, the question literally started with "This reaction is exothermic" :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people get for that haber process question on the unreacted hydrogen and nitrogen? I said the ammoniavapourised and condensed and so the ammonia is liquified. And the N2 and H2 are fed back through pipes?
Original post by jshep000
i put sustainable energy for the hydrogen fuel question Q.Q i was thinking electrical then was like no there's electric cars so why would hydrogen fuel be used for that...

i wrote this as well glad to see i'm not the only one :colondollar:
Original post by jjsnyder
Zinc, don't know why people got hydrogen, it was molten not in a solution

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes thank you, thats exactly what i wrote, I also stated that zinc is oppositely attracted to the negative electrode and gains an electron and is reduced. Will i get full marks?
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for the chemistry / biology / physics?

Quick Reply

Latest