Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 92 on this, but only 87 on C3 which means I missed out on an A* by one mark I'll probably end up resitting C3 next year

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries were ridiculously low this year...the questions were relatively standard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namige)
    The grade boundaries were ridiculously low this year...the questions were relatively standard!
    If I remember the general feedback correctly (although no report has been release yet of course). The pyramid vectors question proved a lot of trouble as you needed some insight to figure out the volume at the end + the angle was one of those numbers that doesn't look "right" which worried many people. Also a minority in my school seemed to know what "inversely proportional" meant on the differential equation question.

Also the first vector question on the paper was expressed slighty differently which confused some people. And many struggled with the algebraic manipulation needed on the last question with the binomial expansion.

This was just what I remember people from my school saying, but I personally thought it was more demanding than normal so I expected a low boundary like what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I got much higher than I thought I did. So in that respect, my grade was very very weird :erm:

Yeahhh!!! I got a MUCH higher grade than I expected lol.
    What did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayoz)
    What did u get?
    Yea I totally thought I ballsed it up, didn't get the pyramid, two integration questions and that last binomial one was probably wrong (at least I thought so), then I see I got 85 ums which really shocked me.

(Original post by Kayoz)
    What did u get?
    I got 85 UMS, like the person above
    I have no idea how it happened, it's just annoying now that I was close to the A*, I thought I'd be miles off :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis2703)
    If I remember the general feedback correctly (although no report has been release yet of course). The pyramid vectors question proved a lot of trouble as you needed some insight to figure out the volume at the end + the angle was one of those numbers that doesn't look "right" which worried many people. Also a minority in my school seemed to know what "inversely proportional" meant on the differential equation question.

Also the first vector question on the paper was expressed slighty differently which confused some people. And many struggled with the algebraic manipulation needed on the last question with the binomial expansion.

This was just what I remember people from my school saying, but I personally thought it was more demanding than normal so I expected a low boundary like what happened.
    How did you do eventually man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erniiee)
    How did you do eventually man?
    I got 100 UMS but it wasn't a 72/72 for sure since I know I made a few errors

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    This is probably a very obvious question but can anyone help me with part 10ii?

Thank you I am very confused

ReputationRep:
    All you guys did brilliantly,
    just did this as a mock and now feel awful about my chances of scraping an A this summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PKMN TRN JAM)
    All you guys did brilliantly,
    just did this as a mock and now feel awful about my chances of scraping an A this summer
    Do note the grade boundaries were low for us because it was a hard paper, so comparing your raw mark to the grade boundaries may boost your spirits a bit. (55 for an A, 49 for a B as reference)

The paper was very tough though, the vectors questions were a lot harder than normal, and the differential equation question required you to know what certain terms meant. Plus they actually tested understanding on the binomial expansion properly on that last question which is a rarity.

You'll be fine just keep working on the areas you are weaker on, as with these exams they tend to examine virtually everything one way or another

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.