The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Maid Marian
I got much higher than I thought I did. So in that respect, my grade was very very weird :erm:

Yeahhh!!! I got a MUCH higher grade than I expected lol.
What did u get?
Reply 941
Original post by Kayoz
What did u get?

Yea I totally thought I ballsed it up, didn't get the pyramid, two integration questions and that last binomial one was probably wrong (at least I thought so), then I see I got 85 ums which really shocked me.
Original post by Kayoz
What did u get?

I got 85 UMS, like the person above :smile:
I have no idea how it happened, it's just annoying now that I was close to the A*, I thought I'd be miles off :erm:
Reply 943
Original post by Genesis2703
If I remember the general feedback correctly (although no report has been release yet of course). The pyramid vectors question proved a lot of trouble as you needed some insight to figure out the volume at the end + the angle was one of those numbers that doesn't look "right" which worried many people. Also a minority in my school seemed to know what "inversely proportional" meant on the differential equation question.

Also the first vector question on the paper was expressed slighty differently which confused some people. And many struggled with the algebraic manipulation needed on the last question with the binomial expansion.

This was just what I remember people from my school saying, but I personally thought it was more demanding than normal so I expected a low boundary like what happened. :smile:

How did you do eventually man?
Original post by erniiee
How did you do eventually man?

I got 100 UMS but it wasn't a 72/72 for sure since I know I made a few errors :redface:

What about you? :smile:
This is probably a very obvious question but can anyone help me with part 10ii?

Thank you I am very confused :frown:
All you guys did brilliantly,
just did this as a mock and now feel awful about my chances of scraping an A this summer
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
All you guys did brilliantly,
just did this as a mock and now feel awful about my chances of scraping an A this summer

Do note the grade boundaries were low for us because it was a hard paper, so comparing your raw mark to the grade boundaries may boost your spirits a bit. (55 for an A, 49 for a B as reference)

The paper was very tough though, the vectors questions were a lot harder than normal, and the differential equation question required you to know what certain terms meant. Plus they actually tested understanding on the binomial expansion properly on that last question which is a rarity.

You'll be fine just keep working on the areas you are weaker on, as with these exams they tend to examine virtually everything one way or another :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending