The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Charli92
Well done!!! What were your conditions?

Oh my gosh im so annoyed, mine hasnt even been sent of yet :frown: i gave it in 3 weeks ago!
I hate my college

Ummmm *checks*

they want AAB with an A in geog. :smile:
Reply 81
alex0723
Durham seem to take forever for Geography...! I hate the waiting:frown:

I just hate the waiting in general! I've been checking UCAS Track religiously.

I'm away all of next week, and won't have any Internet access, it's going to be awful, how will I fuel my habit?! :zomg:
Reply 82
alex0723
Durham seem to take forever for Geography...! I hate the waiting:frown:

I think it's just that Durham take forever in general! they say it's because of the two stage process where both the department and a college have to approve you. I don't really underatand the point of their college system though, it sounds like a lot of people don't get their first choice anyway so whats the point in including colleges in the application process since it just slows the whole thing down? theyd be better off asigning them after u have a place or something-grr! lol oooh i just got an offer from Sheffield :woo: seems to all be happening this week for geography applicants! :smile:
Reply 83
I knew I should have sent off my ucas before half term - now I'm jealous of everyone's offers :frown:

But congrats to everyone nevertheless :biggrin:

fifi192
lol oooh i just got an offer from Sheffield :woo: seems to all be happening this week for geography applicants! :smile:

Congrats :smile: What was the offer?
Reply 84
jess_888
Congrats :smile: What was the offer?

Thanks :smile: it's ABB including Geography and one of Biology and Maths...which is a bit weird cos those are the A levels I'm taking so obviously it'll include one of them but whatever haha. yeah im glad i got my sent off pretty early, but suppose it won't cut down how long u have to wait for some places :s-smilie:
Reply 85
me_richard_
unlucky on UCL, what did the decision letter say was the reason for the rejection?

sounds good on Durham, though they normally wait till january/february to make most of the decisions once they've got all the applications in and I think this might just be an early eliminination, though hope not lol.

THey said that my "academic profile was judged not to have been as strong as that of other applicants"...I think the problem though was that they were asking for 3 Alevels AND a pass in a further AS level (which was what I didnt have)...

btw- I only relaised that after I sent the application off:eek:
Reply 86
fifi192
Thanks :smile: it's ABB including Geography and one of Biology and Maths...which is a bit weird cos those are the A levels I'm taking so obviously it'll include one of them but whatever haha. yeah im glad i got my sent off pretty early, but suppose it won't cut down how long u have to wait for some places :s-smilie:

May I ask what you were predicted?

I'm hoping Sheffield are mainly giving out ABB offers :s-smilie: In my world, I would love Sheffield to be my insurance with ABB and Exeter to be my firm with AAB. But I won't get my hopes up. Meh.

I need to send the blasted ucas application off first!!! Bring on Monday :smile:
Reply 87
jess_888
May I ask what you were predicted?

I'm hoping Sheffield are mainly giving out ABB offers :s-smilie: In my world, I would love Sheffield to be my insurance with ABB and Exeter to be my firm with AAB. But I won't get my hopes up. Meh.

I need to send the blasted ucas application off first!!! Bring on Monday :smile:

haha yeah sending it off would help!! :wink: it's kind of a relief too, at least its not up to you anymore then :/ I'm predicted A*A*A*A... which is a tad unrealistic to say the least. I think the max i could get is 2 A*s, which seems pretty unlikely anyway.. but i guess it works in my favour! hmm im pretty sure sheffield wouldn't ask for anything more than ABB don't worry. :smile: I'm thinking it'd be a good insurance too, unless i get an offer from edinburgh then im undecided!
Reply 88
me_richard_
well done ppl on their offers.

I've got unconditionals from Nottingham and Birmingham so far.

I've gone for LSE but noticed it isn't a very mainstream choice for geography on here. What do ppl think?

I thought about LSE but chose UCL over it. I don't think i want to go to a London uni anyway due to living here at the moment
Reply 89
I have offers from Southampton, Exeter and Nottingham. I'm still waiting for Durham and St Andrews:smile: Has anyone else here applied to St Andrews? And does anyone know when they give out offers?
harriett
I have offers from Southampton, Exeter and Nottingham. I'm still waiting for Durham and St Andrews:smile: Has anyone else here applied to St Andrews? And does anyone know when they give out offers?

I've applied to both Durham and St Andrews, apparently neither of them reply until January/Febuary after the Jsn 15th Deadline so you could be waiting a while!! Have you applied for BSci or BA? And may I ask what grades you got maybe I shall see you there one day lol although I dont think I'll get offers from either!

Well done on your exeter, nottingham and southampton offers! Is one of those your backup? Whats your first choice?
Reply 91
how long ago did you send off your application considering you already have 3 offers?
Reply 92
I got an email saying it was the 15th Jan but I was wondering if they ever gave out offers before then but they probably don't:frown: I applied for BSci and I have been predicted 3A's. I have no idea which is going to be my first choice because I like them all. I went to see Exeter, Southampton and Nottingham which were all nice but I haven't seen the others. All my offers are AAB apart from Durham which is AAA so I hope I get that in the end lol! I don't know how I am going to decide... I think if we get offers we can go to post offer open days to meet people thinking of going:smile: I live right in the South so St Andrews would be hard to get to! I applied 2 weeks ago so my offers have come quite quickly.
Reply 93
harriett

I'm from last year lol but just procrastinating. At St Andrews now, and didnt get my offer until like the 20th March...and applied end of Sept - so don't worry if you don't hear anything yet.
And if you do, come to St Andrews. Tis awesome :smile:
Reply 94
Hey! I've applied for Geog at Durham, UCL, Cambridge, KCL and Bristol... was wondering if anyone else has had a letter this week from UCL asking to go for an interview and that stupid selection day thing?? I don't know whether they just send it to everyone that applies or whether they've narrowed people down slightly so Im a bit confused at where I stand... :frown:
Reply 95
El28
Hey! I've applied for Geog at Durham, UCL, Cambridge, KCL and Bristol... was wondering if anyone else has had a letter this week from UCL asking to go for an interview and that stupid selection day thing?? I don't know whether they just send it to everyone that applies or whether they've narrowed people down slightly so Im a bit confused at where I stand... :frown:

From what I heard they narrow down the number of applicants to those who they are interested in giving offers to. From what I know the majority of applicants who get an invite to the selection day, tend to get offers afterwards (unless you seriously mess up in the discussion).

And as for the interview, sounds like they probably want to know a bit more about you and perhaps are questionning something written in your personal statement - if that goes well, you will probably get an offer me thinks.

Many tend to get invited to a selection day, then tend to get offers afterwards. Some get invited to an interview as well, and that's mainly because they want to know more about you and see what your interest in geography is like.

Don't quote me on that though. That's what I found out from research myself :smile:
Reply 96
jess_888
From what I heard they narrow down the number of applicants to those who they are interested in giving offers to. From what I know the majority of applicants who get an invite to the selection day, tend to get offers afterwards (unless you seriously mess up in the discussion).

And as for the interview, sounds like they probably want to know a bit more about you and perhaps are questionning something written in your personal statement - if that goes well, you will probably get an offer me thinks.

Many tend to get invited to a selection day, then tend to get offers afterwards. Some get invited to an interview as well, and that's mainly because they want to know more about you and see what your interest in geography is like.

Don't quote me on that though. That's what I found out from research myself :smile:

Thats great, thankyou!! So I guess I'll look on it as a positive thing then, haha :smile: Its just my friend got an interview there last year and got rejected... but I don't think she really had that much of an interest in it anyway and just applied for the sake of it. Have you applied for UCL Geography too then?
Reply 97
El28
Thats great, thankyou!! So I guess I'll look on it as a positive thing then, haha :smile: Its just my friend got an interview there last year and got rejected... but I don't think she really had that much of an interest in it anyway and just applied for the sake of it. Have you applied for UCL Geography too then?

Yeah you should always look as it as a positive thing! You could have been rejected straight off, and instead they're curious and want to know more about you :smile: Just make sure you blow them anyway during the interview!!!!! :biggrin: Where else have you applied?

I'm debating on whether to apply to UCL - because I actually live in London, the geography side of me wants to get out of the capital and explore a bit more. But parents as always, want me to apply to at least one university in London.

I'm just wondering whether I can be bothered to through all the hassle of interviews/selection days for UCL, when I'm not 100% sure I'd even like it there!! (I have my two main preferred universities..)

And besides - I always have massive panic attacks in interview situations. Not the best time to present myself eh?? :o:
Reply 98
Just checked Durham AES - I've applied for BSc Geography, and the AES has updated, saying that my application has been recieved by a college!

Does that mean that the department have accepted my application? :eek3:
Reply 99
boggybop
Just checked Durham AES - I've applied for BSc Geography, and the AES has updated, saying that my application has been recieved by a college!

Does that mean that the department have accepted my application? :eek3:

Yes... well done:smile: You will probably get an offer if the college accepts you. It says below where it says the status of your application how it works. Which college did you apply to?

Latest

Trending

Trending