The Student Room Group

Who do you think should win the Balon D'or this year?

Scroll to see replies

^ 100 percent correct. Ronaldo should win because he helped his team qualify in the playoffs? Why should that give him bonus points that his team needed to scrap through. Why didn't they qualify out right?
This year I'd argue Ibra/Ribery > Messi. Although Messi has struggled with injuries, so perhaps Messi deserves third place? He is a nice boy too.

Ronaldo is on a different level to these inferior players though.

It's just that simple.
Reply 82
Ronaldo is definitley the outstanding winner this year, simply because Ribery is not as good as Messi or Ronaldo and between Messi and Ronaldo, this year Ronaldo perform better.

But i think everyone would be happy if Emile Heskey wins it
Reply 83
and what about Lewandowski who scored 4 goals against Madrid?
Original post by Aniaa
and what about Lewandowski who scored 4 goals against Madrid?

Not for me. Dortmund did get to the CL final though so not a ridiculous shout but yeah, not worthy of the Ballon d'Or based off of that.

It should be Messi or Ronaldo. Nobody else comes close. If they give it to Ribery that will be taking the piss.
Reply 85
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not for me. Dortmund did get to the CL final though so not a ridiculous shout but yeah, not worthy of the Ballon d'Or based off of that.

It should be Messi or Ronaldo. Nobody else comes close. If they give it to Ribery that will be taking the piss.

its Betting boring that Messi wins everything. They should give it finally to someone else
Original post by Aniaa
its Betting boring that Messi wins everything. They should give it finally to someone else

So?

Messi is the best, that's why he wins. It gets boring when Man United win the title every year, should the FA just award the trophy to someone else?

#ja
Reply 87
So?

Messi is the best, that's why he wins. It gets boring when Man United win the title every year, should the FA just award the trophy to someone else?

#ja

he isn't the best. This year even Ibra is better than him
Original post by Aniaa
he isn't the best. This year even Ibra is better than him

No mate, Messi is better and has been better this year. People are just taking him (and Ronaldo to some extent) for granted because it's the norm that he scores hat tricks in every game, so when someone else scores a few it stands out.

Messi is better than Ibrahimovic and has been better in 2013 than Ibrahimovic, scored almost double the goals Ibrahimovic got last season and has been out injured for how long this season? Ibrahimovic still hasn't outscored him in the piss poor Ligue 1.
Reply 89
Original post by Malevolent
Ribery going on about Ballon Dor still Christ...

Swear down, it's a joke init, the closest to winning it other than those two the past 3 years have been xavi and iniesta.
If sneijder didn't win it in 2010, then ribery is nowhere near the conversation.
I'd put suarez in next year if he keeps up this form though. He's not in the CL though which is obviously a large deterrent, if he won pool the title he'd be in the conversation next year though.

Ronaldo should win the award though by a small margin. Close for me, so I just judge it on the amount of goals they've scored. Messi's fault for being injured.
Reply 90
No mate, Messi is better and has been better this year. People are just taking him (and Ronaldo to some extent) for granted because it's the norm that he scores hat tricks in every game, so when someone else scores a few it stands out.

Messi is better than Ibrahimovic and has been better in 2013 than Ibrahimovic, scored almost double the goals Ibrahimovic got last season and has been out injured for how long this season? Ibrahimovic still hasn't outscored him in the piss poor Ligue 1.

Messi and Ronaldo are on a different level than the rest of footballers. And just cause he scored double goals that Ibra scored doesn't make him better. It is normal he scores so much so he shouldn't get Ballon d'Or AGAIN
Original post by Aniaa
Messi and Ronaldo are on a different level than the rest of footballers.

Thanks, you've killed your own argument :smile:.

#js

And just cause he scored double goals that Ibra scored doesn't make him better. It is normal he scores so much so he shouldn't get Ballon d'Or AGAIN

You've just said he is better, he should get it if he's had the best year (he has a better claim than Ibrahimovic). you're just saying 'he's won it before, so give it somebody else', this is football, it's not a charity.

#js
Reply 92

Why is anyone other than messi and ronaldo in this conversation?
Last season it was clear messi would and should have won it. Now it's not so clear. I don't buy the 'he was just as good until the injury' argument either. Neither do I buy the 'but he won a title' argument either as that's based on the team around you.
Reply 93
Original post by Litterbug
Cristiano without a shadow of a doubt. He is in my opinion the greatest footballer of all time,

what what are you blind, messi is far better than ronaldo
Reply 94
Original post by Aniaa
Messi and Ronaldo are on a different level than the rest of footballers. And just cause he scored double goals that Ibra scored doesn't make him better. It is normal he scores so much so he shouldn't get Ballon d'Or AGAIN

Worst logic ever.

If that's the case, then they need to make the Messi or ronaldo award each year until they turn 35 then put a balon d'or for the normal people.
Messi and Ronaldo have been the best. Again. Are people forgetting him single handedly turning the CL tie around vs Milan within 30 minutes or whatever it was?

Nobody else matters. Messi and Ronaldo have had the best years.
Reply 96

#js

You've just said he is better, he should get it if he's had the best year (he has a better claim than Ibrahimovic). you're just saying 'he's won it before, so give it somebody else', this is football, it's not a charity.

#js

#js

#js

ofc its not charity. But people tend to see only Ronaldo and Messi since they are so good and bla bla bla. But actually they don't make any real progres each year. they remain at the same, high level. Whereareas players like Ibra or idk, even Gareth Bale (but he doesnt deserve Ballon d'Or in my opinion) they got actually way better than they were last year. I am not sure if you understand what I mean since I have some difficulties in explaining my points of view but I hope I wrote it all clearly :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Worst logic ever.

If that's the case, then they need to make the Messi or ronaldo award each year until they turn 35 then put a balon d'or for the normal people.

I explained it in my previous post :smile:
Original post by Aniaa
ofc its not charity. But people tend to see only Ronaldo and Messi since they are so good and bla bla bla. But actually they don't make any real progres each year. they remain at the same, high level. Whereareas players like Ibra or idk, even Gareth Bale (but he doesnt deserve Ballon d'Or in my opinion) they got actually way better than they were last year. I am not sure if you understand what I mean since I have some difficulties in explaining my points of view but I hope I wrote it all clearly :smile:

Because they're already the best :biggrin:. Messi & Ronaldo cannot improve on their club performances they simply cannot.
Reply 99
Original post by Aniaa
I explained it in my previous post :smile:

That's most improved player, not best player.
They should make that award though. However Ibra hasn't improved, he's been at this level since 2012. 10 was a poor season for him yet he still banged 22 goals from the wing. Since he went Milan he's been at this level and dare I say it he was probably better at his second season in milan than he is currently at PSG.

Quick Reply

Latest