The Student Room Group

Slade Interview 2016

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, most people with a foundation behind them don't even get an interview, so it's remarkably to get an interview without one.
Original post by Artstudentstress
Congratulations on your offer - message me if you are interested in being added to the group chat on Facebook. (Inbox on here is playing up a bit at the moment so if I don't reply within about half an hour try posting on my profile or message me through the thread)

I am not sure what this group is about, but I'd love to get to know my future BA Slade friends $$
Original post by MF Doom ?
I am not sure what this group is about, but I'd love to get to know my future BA Slade friends $$

I've tried to Inbox you about this but I've been having trouble with my messages lately - did you receive my message?
Original post by Artstudentstress
I've tried to Inbox you about this but I've been having trouble with my messages lately - did you receive my message?

No I have not, please could you try again? You seem to have a lot of trouble getting through private messages.
No I have not, please could you try again? You seem to have a lot of trouble getting through private messages.

I've tried again
Now I start to worry what if they actually forgot about me hahah the only thing which is reassuring is that someone called them last week and they said that it will take another week ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I'm interested in applying to Slade in 2017. Just wondering, how do you guys find the difference between the BA and BFA program? Anyone from any of those courses?

What is the environment like in Slade? How are the Lecturers and your peers? Is Slade concerned about theoretical discussions?
Original post by colourwheel123
Hi, I'm interested in applying to Slade in 2017. Just wondering, how do you guys find the difference between the BA and BFA program? Anyone from any of those courses?

What is the environment like in Slade? How are the Lecturers and your peers? Is Slade concerned about theoretical discussions?

About your first question, you can find the answers on the Slade website - FAQ section.

We are mostly applicants for this year, meaning we aren't doing the course at the Slade yet. I have a friend who is currently doing his BA course at the Slade and he gave me a full tour around the Slade. The environment was amazing!

I was particularly impressed at the students, they seem to know what they were actually doing. I couldn't find any pretentious, bait and tacky artists. For example, I never liked tacky artists who's work is based on obvious & outdated 2003 **** like, 'Exploring Sexuality', 'Seven Deadly Sins', 'Memories' or 'Love'. The worst would be people who always paint faces, nude people and family by exactly copying it from a printed image. I would always ask these people, 'What is your philosophy or idea behind copying this image exactly onto a canvas?'. They don't know - I always get evasive answers like "It look siq m9". Great copy painting, but I thought that there is so much more which art has to offer.

Anyways.. I think that Slade filters out these category of artists and gathers artists who are able to think much more and beyond. Thus, I really loved the environment at the Slade! $$
About your first question, you can find the answers on the Slade website - FAQ section.

We are mostly applicants for this year, meaning we aren't doing the course at the Slade yet. I have a friend who is currently doing his BA course at the Slade and he gave me a full tour around the Slade. The environment was amazing!

I was particularly impressed at the students, they seem to know what they were actually doing. I couldn't find any pretentious, bait and tacky artists. For example, I never liked tacky artists who's work is based on obvious & outdated 2003 **** like, 'Exploring Sexuality', 'Seven Deadly Sins', 'Memories' or 'Love'. The worst would be people who always paint faces, nude people and family by exactly copying it from a printed image. I would always ask these people, 'What is your philosophy or idea behind copying this image exactly onto a canvas?'. They don't know - I always get evasive answers like "It look siq m9". Great copy painting, but I thought that there is so much more which art has to offer.

Anyways.. I think that Slade filters out these category of artists and gathers artists who are able to think much more and beyond. Thus, I really loved the environment at the Slade! $$

Thank you for your reply!

I am curious about the level of engagement the lectures have with the students (between tutorials, critiques, seminars and lectures). I get that art schools tend to let students be independent and free, but I would like to know how are the lecturers-student relationship like and by extension the student-student relationship there. Is it a critical yet nurturing community?

And further, what are the modules for the Critical Studies in the BFA. Is it theory driven?

I guess you're right, this might not be the right thread to ask such questions!

Good luck to all for your upcoming school term! And congrats !!
Original post by benitococstrom
was accepted for the mfa in fine art media last week

Hey did you take up your place in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest