The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
K.T.
Ah yes, I just commented on fb - I have to say, I'm utterly amazed. I could have done with knowing that trick a couple of times! As for your parents not driving you, booo... mine are driving, from Scotland (although it's mainly because we have a new arrival in the family down in Cambridge, rather than any undue affection for their only daughter :o: )

Haha, yeah my Dad says the doctors have told him to only drive short distances because he gets dodgey eyes... which is such a lie its unbelievable - he gets all stressy about long distance motorway driving... and that's the reason! If I'd known that I'd have learnt to drive myself!
Reply 81
Chess Piece Face
I
qwerty5102

OOOOO I was added on Facebook last week by an anonymous Catabrigian, just figured out it is my other College dad and he seems to be keen on getting me very drunk during the first week or so..... lol
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.ph...3091041&ref=mf

found this group earlier... my college dad is a member of it too! :eek3:

HEHE, sounds like you guys will be hacing fun :rolleyes: Im crap at drinkng beer, since I dont like it...so i hope my parents think of something better, but then agai I wont have a dad..so I guess there wont be anyone making me drink beer :biggrin:
Reply 82
Zoedotdot
Danielle and I are STILL chief spammers! Shocking!

Milly - He could have done, but he's Dan - he doesn't know how to eat slowly! That was one of the things his dad said to him the night before he left - no practical advice like 'always lock your door' or anything, it was 'Dan, you really have to slow down your eating otherwise it'll be really embarrassing because you'll be finished before all your friends'. Oh the hilarity.

hehe, I think his dad's about 13 years too late...my dad convinced me wen I was about 7/8 that it really was bad to just swalow everything without chewing it properly...it took time but now I can actually be really slow at eating...but i think thats more due to me chatting and not really taking time to chew :rolleyes: lol
My chewing is really messed up too. Well, I have an itsy bitsy tiny obsession with it. When I was younger my grandparents used to lecture me about 'chomping' (chewing with my mouth open to avoid any confusion) so I daren't chew without my mouth totally closed as near silently as possible. I got a bit obsessed with it last year as my mum's a particularly loud chewer (even soup. Go figure.) and I find it really hard to eat around her. Or, I can only eat after she's finished or silly things like that. If I'm eating out with one of my friends and they chomp, I try to ignore it as much as possible but am prone to shouting 'STOP IT!' mid-meal. I eat really slowly too, cutting everything up into the smallest pieces and chewwing it a bazillion times and what not. My boy eats really slowly too. He's always the last person in his family to finish (although they do sometimes give him more). It's weird cos he chews really enthusiastically, but instead of putting little bits of food on the same forkful, he just kind of shovels them into his mouth one after another and then sits there chewing for ages. He knows not to do that around me anymore...

Ohhh my strange quirks.
Reply 84
Wooow, 5 pages already.

And to Ukeburt, I think it was - no, my family would never let it go if I had an embarassing picture of myself in the paper :P They won't let it go that my friend whose hair they don't approve of had a pciture in the paper.

And I'm exactly the same, Sugarlumps. I can't stand people eating loudly. There's this one guy, I swear he tries to make as much noise as possible, it's ridiculous. He -chomps- cereal, mouth wide open, slurping the milk that's already in his mouth, biting the spoon, and I think the phrase is 'smacking his chops' :P Ie making as much noise as possible moving his tongue around his mouth due to saliva. I just leave the room whenever he's eating (and we're not out at Nando's or anything).
Reply 85
sugarlumps.
If I'm eating out with one of my friends and they chomp, I try to ignore it as much as possible but am prone to shouting 'STOP IT!' mid-meal.

Not chewing.... but gulping liquid! Arrghghghghghgh!!

I HATE the way my Dad drinks tea, I don't drink tea which might make it worse...
Reply 86
sugarlumps.
My chewing is really messed up too. Well, I have an itsy bitsy tiny obsession with it. When I was younger my grandparents used to lecture me about 'chomping' (chewing with my mouth open to avoid any confusion) so I daren't chew without my mouth totally closed as near silently as possible. I got a bit obsessed with it last year as my mum's a particularly loud chewer (even soup. Go figure.) and I find it really hard to eat around her. Or, I can only eat after she's finished or silly things like that. If I'm eating out with one of my friends and they chomp, I try to ignore it as much as possible but am prone to shouting 'STOP IT!' mid-meal. I eat really slowly too, cutting everything up into the smallest pieces and chewwing it a bazillion times and what not. My boy eats really slowly too. He's always the last person in his family to finish (although they do sometimes give him more). It's weird cos he chews really enthusiastically, but instead of putting little bits of food on the same forkful, he just kind of shovels them into his mouth one after another and then sits there chewing for ages. He knows not to do that around me anymore...

Ohhh my strange quirks.

i know what you mean though, it really annoysme when you can hear people chewing really loudly...especially when its really quiet! dont really notice it muc around a dinner table orwenIm out with friends and everyone's eating and talking..its only when there's one or two solitary people eating really loudly while I watc tv or something xillyXD lol

so yea I sympathise :yep:
Reply 87
brim, was that you who reppaged me? if so thank yeee :smile: i have like NO reps :sob:
xoxox
i just noticed Ive got lots of little green-things AND a shiny green diamond:woo: , just so you know, i do actually :love: you at the moment :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:woo: :woo: :woo:
My mum chews apples stupidly loudly. I eat really slowly because I have little breaks between mouthfuls and chew everything very thoroughly. I'm getting a bit quicker now, but I still have some days where I just don't eat quickly. When I was on the coach yesterday I started my sandwich at 12.17 and finally stopped eating at 13.02. Worst thing was, I'd only eaten half!
millymoo9
brim, was that you who reppaged me? if so thank yeee :smile: i have like NO reps :sob:
xoxox
i just noticed Ive got lots of little green-things AND a shiny green diamond:woo: , just so you know, i do actually :love: you at the moment :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Brimmy has uber rep - he gave me a shiny that I was nowhere near getting before he repped me!
Ah yes, and thanks for the reppage guysies. (:

I'm going to go and practise riding my bike up and down the drive and then mow the other half of the lawn. Hoorah.
Heeeeey people

:biggrin:

1st year at Leeds here :biggrin:
Reply 92
millymoo9
xoxox

Heh, yeah it was me :smile:.
Aw, someone likes me :blush:
Reply 93
Zoedotdot
Brimmy has uber rep - he gave me a shiny that I was nowhere near getting before he repped me!

You seem to have made it a habit of making me look like a geek :hmmm:
splorgie

1st year at Leeds here :biggrin:

Wrong forum, then.
Reply 95
How do you view your rep history? Judging by the green things, I have some, which is odd.
Reply 96
Scipio90
How do you view your rep history? Judging by the green things, I have some, which is odd.

send in 7 essays / crap still on your computer and you'll get riches for 2 month-subs. [+ you can go on the arcade, which is quality]
Scipio90

If you're a regular user, you can see the last ten times you've been repped because it lines up links of the threads you were repped in along with any comments in your home page. You can go onto the rep FAQ in 'About' and use the 'rep calculator' to find out how many points you have.
If you buy a subscription on TSR, one of the features is that you can see how much each rep that comes in is worth, how much you're worth, and a complete list of everything received and given in your time as a user. You can also see the names of people who neg or rep you anonymously.
Reply 98
brimstone
That reminds me, I need to buy a book for ingoings/outgoings.

I'm so bad with money :frown:

Don't buy a book - just use Excel! Then you'll be the price of the book up already :smile:
Reply 99
Craghyrax
If you're a regular user, you can see the last ten times you've been repped because it lines up links of the threads you were repped in along with any comments in your home page.

Ah, thanks. I always go straight to this forum, so I didn't see that.

Latest

Trending

Trending