University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

jamzzster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know I got worried when people started mentioning room numbers, I think I just confused my self
Maisie12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NikoWatio)
Im choosing prospect point. I go out ont' regularr
If you go out all the time, don't live in prospect point live in carnatic. I chose prospect point and found that all of my friends that went out all the time lived in carnatic and nobody that went out all the time lived in prospect point. It wasn't fun and I'm glad to have left.
stevenjones1993
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emmaf7)
apparently its the end of this month/start of next month now that they are allocating them, so don't worry!
Ah cool. How did you find this out?
soph24601
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey!
I was just wondering whether anyone had stayed in Vine Court this year? I've visited the accommodation and it's amaaaaazing, but I'm worried about the social aspect of things.
Someone please reassure me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
drplease
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it wrong of me to say I have not applied for accommodation as yet ?
Jessowl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've firmed Liverpool and have applied to the following halls of accommodation in order of preference:

1. Liberty Living Prospect Point
2. Opal Court
3. Vine Court

I can't wait for September and to meet those also wanting to live in Prospect Point and in other university halls around the main campus!
jonnny
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok so I messed up my choices big time. Put Rankin halls as number one preference and I've got an unconditional so I guess I'm likely to get it and I've heard it's the worst. Does anyone know if it's possible to change my choices/order of preference?
drplease
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Opal, liberty the rathbourne greenbank. Personally really like Opal looks smart, got gym, life= sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Louise_cassidy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Opal, prospect, vine court! Any law with French people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Holy crap, its this time of year again. I feel old being a 3rd year now.
pwnish3r
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jonnny)
Ok so I messed up my choices big time. Put Rankin halls as number one preference and I've got an unconditional so I guess I'm likely to get it and I've heard it's the worst. Does anyone know if it's possible to change my choices/order of preference?
Yep, call the accommodation office. They sorted my mistakes when I applied to uni of leic accommodation last year
pwnish3r
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Would you like a medal?
AT06
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
EDIT: (doesnt matter anymore, most rooms sold out for private)
jonnny
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it fair to say that Dale is the best Carnatic Hall if you want a good mix of quality and social life?
jonnny
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've got an unconditonal offer for this year. Have applied first choice is Rankin Hall, second choice is Dale hall. Were these good choices?
Bethforrester
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jessowl)
I've firmed Liverpool and have applied to the following halls of accommodation in order of preference:

1. Liberty Living Prospect Point
2. Opal Court
3. Vine Court

I can't wait for September and to meet those also wanting to live in Prospect Point and in other university halls around the main campus!
I'm living at prospect point can't wait for September
sayyes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Melville Grove, does anyone know about room sizes A and B. Are the B's significant bigger, I'm guessing that the bigger rooms are either on the top floor or ground floor? Anyone know?
Anyone considering Tudor Court?
Bethforrester
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
People come on saying that certain halls are rubbish cause of the people about going out it all depends who you are and also that there is a whole new lot of people that are probs most likely gonna be people who go out on the reg so nobody knows it so why say anything to put people off
Ireland6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
i second that motion :rolleyes:
WhiteWash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sayyes)
Melville Grove, does anyone know about room sizes A and B. Are the B's significant bigger, I'm guessing that the bigger rooms are either on the top floor or ground floor? Anyone know?
I stayed in Melville last year, in a "standard" sized room (the cheaper one...). There are 5 standard and 2 large rooms per house. One A room on the ground floor, and then 2 A's and a B on both the 1st and 2nd floors. There's a bathroom on every floor, with the kitchen and "utility room" (it has the freezer in....) on the ground floor.

I'd say the B rooms are probably about a third bigger than the A's? Note that you don't get any extra built in storage (cupboards/shelves etc.) - just more floor space.

(Original post by Bethforrester)
People come on saying that certain halls are rubbish cause of the people about going out it all depends who you are and also that there is a whole new lot of people that are probs most likely gonna be people who go out on the reg so nobody knows it so why say anything to put people off
Agree - you won't really know until you get there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed