Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by NikoWatio
Im choosing prospect point. I go out ont' regularr

If you go out all the time, don't live in prospect point live in carnatic. I chose prospect point and found that all of my friends that went out all the time lived in carnatic and nobody that went out all the time lived in prospect point. It wasn't fun and I'm glad to have left.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by emmaf7
apparently its the end of this month/start of next month now that they are allocating them, so don't worry! :smile:

Ah cool. How did you find this out?
Hey!
I was just wondering whether anyone had stayed in Vine Court this year? I've visited the accommodation and it's amaaaaazing, but I'm worried about the social aspect of things.
Someone please reassure me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1023
Is it wrong of me to say I have not applied for accommodation as yet ?
Reply 1024
I've firmed Liverpool and have applied to the following halls of accommodation in order of preference:

1. Liberty Living Prospect Point
2. Opal Court
3. Vine Court

I can't wait for September and to meet those also wanting to live in Prospect Point and in other university halls around the main campus! :biggrin:
Reply 1025
Ok so I messed up my choices big time. Put Rankin halls as number one preference and I've got an unconditional so I guess I'm likely to get it and I've heard it's the worst. Does anyone know if it's possible to change my choices/order of preference?
Reply 1026
Opal, liberty the rathbourne greenbank. Personally really like Opal looks smart, got gym, life= sorted :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Opal, prospect, vine court! Any law with French people? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holy crap, its this time of year again. I feel old being a 3rd year now.
Reply 1029
Original post by jonnny
Ok so I messed up my choices big time. Put Rankin halls as number one preference and I've got an unconditional so I guess I'm likely to get it and I've heard it's the worst. Does anyone know if it's possible to change my choices/order of preference?

Yep, call the accommodation office. They sorted my mistakes when I applied to uni of leic accommodation last year
Reply 1030
Original post by jam277

Would you like a medal?
Reply 1031
EDIT: (doesnt matter anymore, most rooms sold out for private)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1032
Is it fair to say that Dale is the best Carnatic Hall if you want a good mix of quality and social life?
Reply 1033
I've got an unconditonal offer for this year. Have applied first choice is Rankin Hall, second choice is Dale hall. Were these good choices?
Original post by Jessowl
I've firmed Liverpool and have applied to the following halls of accommodation in order of preference:

1. Liberty Living Prospect Point
2. Opal Court
3. Vine Court

I can't wait for September and to meet those also wanting to live in Prospect Point and in other university halls around the main campus! :biggrin:

I'm living at prospect point can't wait for September
Reply 1035
Melville Grove, does anyone know about room sizes A and B. Are the B's significant bigger, I'm guessing that the bigger rooms are either on the top floor or ground floor? Anyone know?
Anyone considering Tudor Court?
People come on saying that certain halls are rubbish cause of the people about going out it all depends who you are and also that there is a whole new lot of people that are probs most likely gonna be people who go out on the reg so nobody knows it so why say anything to put people off
Reply 1037
Original post by jam277

i second that motion :rolleyes:
Original post by sayyes
Melville Grove, does anyone know about room sizes A and B. Are the B's significant bigger, I'm guessing that the bigger rooms are either on the top floor or ground floor? Anyone know?

I stayed in Melville last year, in a "standard" sized room (the cheaper one...). There are 5 standard and 2 large rooms per house. One A room on the ground floor, and then 2 A's and a B on both the 1st and 2nd floors. There's a bathroom on every floor, with the kitchen and "utility room" (it has the freezer in....) on the ground floor.

I'd say the B rooms are probably about a third bigger than the A's? Note that you don't get any extra built in storage (cupboards/shelves etc.) - just more floor space.

Original post by Bethforrester
People come on saying that certain halls are rubbish cause of the people about going out it all depends who you are and also that there is a whole new lot of people that are probs most likely gonna be people who go out on the reg so nobody knows it so why say anything to put people off

Agree - you won't really know until you get there.
Reply 1039
Original post by WhiteWash
I stayed in Melville last year, in a "standard" sized room (the cheaper one...). There are 5 standard and 2 large rooms per house. One A room on the ground floor, and then 2 A's and a B on both the 1st and 2nd floors. There's a bathroom on every floor, with the kitchen and "utility room" (it has the freezer in....) on the ground floor.

I'd say the B rooms are probably about a third bigger than the A's? Note that you don't get any extra built in storage (cupboards/shelves etc.) - just more floor space.

Thanks for that. So the utility room is a good storage area. I like the idea of Melville being close to sports centre and uni. Did you find it was noisy being on Grove Street?

I think that there's no common room but is there a garden/ grassy area to sit and chat and get to know people? Whats the student union bar like in Abercromby Square or did you go to new bar in Vine Court as it was near?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending