Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie Rose)
    During these Easter holidays I'm currently aiming for 8 hours a day for my 3 AS levels. The minimum I do is 5 hours. If I don't do much revision in a day then I end up being awake all night feeling guilty and wanting to work :sigh:
    woah how do you even fill that time with 3 AS levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    Threads like these make me want to die.
    definitely doesn't represent the majority, I don't think. Doing 12 hours of revision a day is absolute madness

ReputationRep:
    Like 2-3 hours but panic is setting in so it's going to be in the region of 9 hours. Hopefully. I will try but let's be honest, it won't happen... *cries*

ReputationRep:
    8 hours a day, magic number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggledinho)
    definitely doesn't represent the majority, I don't think. Doing 12 hours of revision a day is absolute madness
    That's what I keep telling myself!

ReputationRep:
    I left the house for the first time today since the holidays began.

I call that a successful week of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    I left the house for the first time today since the holidays began.

I call that a successful week of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is quite successful (;
    My holidays haven't started yet but I literally only went to school for an hour today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm panicking right now reading all of these posts about revising 8 -12 hours a day... I'm about to go on a holiday to the US for two weeks so I think I'll only get 2 hours in a day if I'm lucky... AHHH!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing around three hours a day, but that'll probably go up next week.

ReputationRep:
    i havent even started and i have 10 exams ( 6 A2 and 4 As)
    need motivation!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by achu123)
    i havent even started and i have 10 exams ( 6 A2 and 4 As)
    need motivation!!
    Thanks for making me feel better (BUT GET STARTED!!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    When / what are your exams?
    I'm trying to finish my English coursework atm which is taking longer than I expected so haven't had time to start revising properly I'm doing A2 English lit, Latin and Politics. My exams start on June 11th, an English retake in May tho:/ threads like this panic me so much! How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait.... You guys already started Easter holidays? I finish tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.Ibrahim)
    Wait.... You guys already started Easter holidays? I finish tomorrow.
    I've already been off for two weeks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaay)
    I'm trying to finish my English coursework atm which is taking longer than I expected so haven't had time to start revising properly I'm doing A2 English lit, Latin and Politics. My exams start on June 11th, an English retake in May tho:/ threads like this panic me so much! How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhh I'm a little jealous- I really wanted to take English lit but my school only offered lit and land which I wasn't so keen on. I'm taking AS Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics and Business, so I have 11 exams between the 6th of May and 10th of June! It's strange how yours are so much later than mine. Really starting to freak out as I'm going away for two weeks and won't have much time at all to revise then.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I'm a little jealous- I really wanted to take English lit but my school only offered lit and land which I wasn't so keen on. I'm taking AS Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics and Business, so I have 11 exams between the 6th of May and 10th of June! It's strange how yours are so much later than mine. Really starting to freak out as I'm going away for two weeks and won't have much time at all to revise then.
    A2 exams start later than AS - just how it is.

As for me, looking to average 5 hours per day over Easter, and my lovely calculator tells me I'm at 5.17h/day so far. Well done me. Quite a miracle, in my eyes. I've so rarely been able to get myself to work, let alone in such a sustained fashion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    our school said do around 60 hours over Easter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggledinho)
    woah how do you even fill that time with 3 AS levels
    I study French, German and Maths, so if I do 8 hours a typical day will be:
    -1 hour German speaking (split into 2 half hours)
    -1 hour French speaking (split again)
    -1 hour German topical vocab and essay phrases.
    -1 hour French topical vocab and essay phrases.
    -1 hour French or German grammar.
    -2 hours core 2.
    -1 hour core 1 or decision.

I have had a lot of time off this year though, which is why I now only study 3 subjects, so I feel like I need to work exceptionally hard to achieve my target grades.

ReputationRep:
    i try 25 hours a day..works quite well....

jk.. about 6 hours

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky you didn't take English lit, it is so hard at a2, so much quotes to memorise! It's because a2 exams starts later, but we stay in school for longer. Maybe revise on the journey there? Or get up early for revision time? Either way don't panic and enjoy your holiday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.