The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
i havent even started and i have 10 exams ( 6 A2 and 4 As) :frown:
need motivation!! :frown:
Original post by achu123
i havent even started and i have 10 exams ( 6 A2 and 4 As) :frown:
need motivation!! :frown:

Thanks for making me feel better :smile: (BUT GET STARTED!!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1042
Original post by alwaysalex
When / what are your exams?

I'm trying to finish my English coursework atm which is taking longer than I expected so haven't had time to start revising properly:frown: I'm doing A2 English lit, Latin and Politics. My exams start on June 11th, an English retake in May tho:/ threads like this panic me so much! How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait.... You guys already started Easter holidays? I finish tomorrow.
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Wait.... You guys already started Easter holidays? I finish tomorrow.

I've already been off for two weeks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saaay
I'm trying to finish my English coursework atm which is taking longer than I expected so haven't had time to start revising properly:frown: I'm doing A2 English lit, Latin and Politics. My exams start on June 11th, an English retake in May tho:/ threads like this panic me so much! How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh I'm a little jealous- I really wanted to take English lit but my school only offered lit and land which I wasn't so keen on. I'm taking AS Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics and Business, so I have 11 exams between the 6th of May and 10th of June! It's strange how yours are so much later than mine. Really starting to freak out as I'm going away for two weeks and won't have much time at all to revise then.
Ohhh I'm a little jealous- I really wanted to take English lit but my school only offered lit and land which I wasn't so keen on. I'm taking AS Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics and Business, so I have 11 exams between the 6th of May and 10th of June! It's strange how yours are so much later than mine. Really starting to freak out as I'm going away for two weeks and won't have much time at all to revise then.

A2 exams start later than AS - just how it is.

As for me, looking to average 5 hours per day over Easter, and my lovely calculator tells me I'm at 5.17h/day so far. Well done me. Quite a miracle, in my eyes. I've so rarely been able to get myself to work, let alone in such a sustained fashion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
our school said do around 60 hours over Easter
Original post by Wiggledinho
woah how do you even fill that time with 3 AS levels

I study French, German and Maths, so if I do 8 hours a typical day will be:
-1 hour German speaking (split into 2 half hours)
-1 hour French speaking (split again)
-1 hour German topical vocab and essay phrases.
-1 hour French topical vocab and essay phrases.
-1 hour French or German grammar.
-2 hours core 2.
-1 hour core 1 or decision.

I have had a lot of time off this year though, which is why I now only study 3 subjects, so I feel like I need to work exceptionally hard to achieve my target grades.
i try 25 hours a day..works quite well....

jk.. about 6 hours
Reply 1050

You're lucky you didn't take English lit, it is so hard at a2, so much quotes to memorise!:frown: It's because a2 exams starts later, but we stay in school for longer. Maybe revise on the journey there? Or get up early for revision time? Either way don't panic and enjoy your holiday!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lay-Z
I retook as exams last year along with A2 exams and I'm telling you that's way too much, it's also unsustainable you'd be much better doing four hours of solid revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are solid hours of revision! I do not have my phone, iPad, laptop, or iPod in the same room, I leave them with my mum so that I do not procrastinate. At the moment I'm ill (not burnt out, health issues) so I haven't revised properly at all for 2 days...
Original post by kendellex
You could find a really efficient way to revise! I'm currently trying different methods of revising. I've a test today and I've been listening to podcasts all day. My best method was sticking pages on a wall and keeping rewriting facts whilst teaching my cat. Sounds weird but I got 100% in my last test

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have tried various different methods over the years, considering I revised for my sats exams when I was 7 so I've always grown up revising but tried so many different methods! Since starting year 13 and doing badly at AS I have changed my revision methods and it has definitely paid off! I am really efficient and I have a relatively good memory but I am a person who has to work hard to do well, harder than the average person who wants to study medicine. Don't tell me medicine is not for me, as I know that it is and so do the teachers! I am determined to do well and will do anything I can to do well, whether that involves crucifying myself with revision!
I do about 6 hours a day at the moment, 3-4 on school days, but looking at all these posts I'm tempted to push it up to about 8. I have 6 exams, one being a AS resit.

How many hours are people who have 6 exams doing? Also, how many days are people taking off (if any) in easter? I've been studying sunday-thursday and am having a break today. Then I'll study half days Saturday and Sunday because I work/have things to do. Then full days again Monday - Wednesday and then I am going to Iceland for 4 days... Do you think this will hugely disadvantage me?
Original post by tssf_skye
I do about 6 hours a day at the moment, 3-4 on school days, but looking at all these posts I'm tempted to push it up to about 8. I have 6 exams, one being a AS resit.

How many hours are people who have 6 exams doing? Also, how many days are people taking off (if any) in easter? I've been studying sunday-thursday and am having a break today. Then I'll study half days Saturday and Sunday because I work/have things to do. Then full days again Monday - Wednesday and then I am going to Iceland for 4 days... Do you think this will hugely disadvantage me?

Tbh I don't deserve a break. I feel as if I've not been revising enough. How do you stay focused?
And I think as long as you make up for those 4 days in iceland you'll be fine... hopefully
Original post by jorose10
I have tried various different methods over the years, considering I revised for my sats exams when I was 7 so I've always grown up revising but tried so many different methods! Since starting year 13 and doing badly at AS I have changed my revision methods and it has definitely paid off! I am really efficient and I have a relatively good memory but I am a person who has to work hard to do well, harder than the average person who wants to study medicine. Don't tell me medicine is not for me, as I know that it is and so do the teachers! I am determined to do well and will do anything I can to do well, whether that involves crucifying myself with revision!

What are your current revision methods?
Original post by Jatz07
Does anyone else record revision and play it back a lot of times before fully memorizing it?

Yep, me xD

But I actually write down what I would record to shorten the recording and to only point out the important stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LadyUchiha
Tbh I don't deserve a break. I feel as if I've not been revising enough. How do you stay focused?
And I think as long as you make up for those 4 days in iceland you'll be fine... hopefully

Yeah should be fine..:smile: I've been revising all year as I go along sooo
and I just think about not getting into uni and how awful and **** I would feel. That motivates me! But I think you do need a break every once and a while to consolidate your learning, have some te to clear your mind and go back ready to work rather than half hearted and lethargic because you've been doing too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tssf_skye
Yeah should be fine..:smile: I've been revising all year as I go along sooo
and I just think about not getting into uni and how awful and **** I would feel. That motivates me! But I think you do need a break every once and a while to consolidate your learning, have some te to clear your mind and go back ready to work rather than half hearted and lethargic because you've been doing too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I guess it's just down to motivation. I shall keep myself motivated
I'm taking a break over the weekend... then back to work again on Monday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending