Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    No one should feel disheartened if they cannot achieve the 7 or 8, even hours that some TSR users do. If you feel like you have learnt something during your revision session (no matter how short) that was an effective use of time.

ReputationRep:
    So reading this, and I hardly manage to do 4 hours a week and my first exam is in 13 days..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyday goes by so quickly

ReputationRep:
    My exams are spaced out, so it figures that my revision should be in blocks too. My exams don't start till 19th May, and most of the exams have a few days, if not a whole week, between them. So it figures I'll first just revise for the first bunch of exams, then each one in turn as it comes.

So at the moment, there's no rush, since I've been revising a bit up till now anyway, so I'll take a break.

ReputationRep:
    Iv taken like a 3 week break from my revision to focus on non-exam related things.
    So now tried getting back into the nice lil routine of doing abit in the morning, but with minimal sucess.
    Screw.my.life.

A 2nd GAP year is CERTAIN.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My friend has besn revising since Christmas, I am not even joking. 2 hours a night before her dinner and then she had a free night after that and had her weekends off. It seems like much less of a stress than cramming things in. She is now revising on a weekend though for 2 hours each morning and just after her dinner and has the full day to relax. Whereas I am trying to cram in as much as I can (trying and failing! I am still writing revision cards!!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dooobie_)
    My friend has besn revising since Christmas, I am not even joking. 2 hours a night before her dinner and then she had a free night after that and had her weekends off. It seems like much less of a stress than cramming things in. She is now revising on a weekend though for 2 hours each morning and just after her dinner and has the full day to relax.
    ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the perfect A level student, whom we all resent with a passion

ReputationRep:
    In independent ie public boarding schools about 6 hours per day of private study / prep for six days a week over the full two years is the norm.

ReputationRep:
    A better question would be "How many hours are you not revising?". The answer would still be the same as the thread title's question.

How many hours do I revise per day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kotoamatsukami)
    A better question would be "How many hours are you not revising?". The answer would still be the same as the thread title's question.

How many hours do I revise per day?
    24-x=x
    24=2x
    x=12

12 whole hours! Props bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    like 1hr a day atm?

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I'm starting a 20 hour a week job JUST before the exams start?

ReputationRep:
    Same as last year, an hour-ish (if that) as day. It worked then and seems to be working now

ReputationRep:
    How much should I be revising if I have 21 GCSE exams coming up?

ReputationRep:
    10-12 hours a day. But I split it up with breaks obviously . I have loads of info to cover, so I spend a lot of time going into depth with my revision.

My body now likes to wake up around 7am-8am regardless of the amount of time I've slept, which is a blessing in disguise. The earlier I wake up, the more I can get done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    10-12 hours a day. But I split it up with breaks obviously . I have loads of info to cover, so I spend a lot of time going into depth with my revision.

My body now likes to wake up around 7am-8am regardless of the amount of time I've slept, which is a blessing in disguise. The earlier I wake up, the more I can get done.
    how you revising....

what revision technique you using?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    how you revising....

what revision technique you using?
    I use multiple techniques, in different stages.

1. I make general notes, where I go over things I missed during the semester. I use my lectures and tutorials as indicators of what I should be learning, then I use my textbooks, journal articles, cases etc to pad out my general notes for each module.
    2. I consolidate those notes with posters, flash cards, summaries (this can be very time consuming)
    3. Past paper questions, I not only plan out answers, I time myself so I have good exam technique for the actual exam. (also time consuming)
    4. To remember my cases and journal article quotes, I dim my room and make it quiet. Then I sit down and imagine myself at home. I mentally walk through my home and different objects in my house represent different cases I need to memorise. This technique is very helpful, but I have to go over the mental walkthrough a few times, before I can recall 40 different cases.
    5. I use mnemonics, absolutely love them for tests that I need to remember for different areas.
    6. I use a 'look, cover and write' method for my posters, flash cards and summaries. So I can memorise key points.

How are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    I use multiple techniques, in different stages.

1. I make general notes, where I go over things I missed during the semester. I use my lectures and tutorials as indicators of what I should be learning, then I use my textbooks, journal articles, cases etc to pad out my general notes for each module.
    2. I consolidate those notes with posters, flash cards, summaries (this can be very time consuming)
    3. Past paper questions, I not only plan out answers, I time myself so I have good exam technique for the actual exam. (also time consuming)
    4. To remember my cases and journal article quotes, I dim my room and make it quiet. Then I sit down and imagine myself at home. I mentally walk through my home and different objects in my house represent different cases I need to memorise. This technique is very helpful, but I have to go over the mental walkthrough a few times, before I can recall 40 different cases.
    5. I use mnemonics, absolutely love them for tests that I need to remember for different areas.
    6. I use a 'look, cover and write' method for my posters, flash cards and summaries. So I can memorise key points.

How are you revising?
    agh those methods seem great

i am a bit similar, i read the text book, make notes (seem to remember things that are in my own handwriting) and condense them onto flash cards...
    needs to go over things now and do past papers!

ReputationRep:
    10 hours. 11 exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    agh those methods seem great

i am a bit similar, i read the text book, make notes (seem to remember things that are in my own handwriting) and condense them onto flash cards...
    needs to go over things now and do past papers!
    Thank you. I remember things in my own handwriting too as opposed to typed out notes. So that's why I spend so many hours a day revising.

What are you revising for? GCSE, A-levels, Uni exams?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.