The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry Salters B F332 10th June 2016 (Old specification)

Scroll to see replies

The average GB for this exam for an A is approx 75/100 ... According to recent papers I would say that it would be max 75/100 for this one for an A

Lower if anything...
About the ozone one, I said because ozone levels were really low so they though it was an error
Original post by Kira Yagami
The average GB for this exam for an A is approx 75/100 ... According to recent papers I would say that it would be max 75/100 for this one for an A

Lower if anything...

Have to remember that only yr13's sat this exam though. Were there a lot of ppl resisting at your guys' centres?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgeboy989
Have to remember that only yr13's sat this exam though. Were there a lot of ppl resisting at your guys' centres?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few. I'm a private candidate... I know they were all retakes but still. this paper was slightly harder than previous years and the last 2 years an A was 72/74
Reply 144
for the mass of carbon dioxide, why is the 1:60 mol ratio of carbon:carbon dioxide wrong?

also how did people tackle that mean propene and ozone structural formula equation...i spent quite a while on that one

for the e/z isomers i dont remember them asking us to name the structures did they? i just wrote E and Z :/
also why would the isomers of but-2-ene have different names

for the co2 ir spec. i said that the carbon-oxygen bond absorbs a specific frequency of ir which causes its bonds to vibrate more. freq of ir absorbed is displayed on an ir spectrum. fingerprint region is region below 1500cm-1,which is specific to co2. the fingerprint region of sample ir specs can be compared with database value to identify co2.
but then they asked about the fingerprint region, which made me doubt my answer to this question completely.

what did everyone put for the processes in which radicals are involved. i named photochemical smog formation and ozone depletion.

and did the very last part of the last question seem like comprehension, or was it just me?
Original post by emfs
for the mass of carbon dioxide, why is the 1:60 mol ratio of carbon:carbon dioxide wrong?

also how did people tackle that mean propene and ozone structural formula equation...i spent quite a while on that one

for the e/z isomers i dont remember them asking us to name the structures did they? i just wrote E and Z :/
also why would the isomers of but-2-ene have different names

for the co2 ir spec. i said that the carbon-oxygen bond absorbs a specific frequency of ir which causes its bonds to vibrate more. freq of ir absorbed is displayed on an ir spectrum. fingerprint region is region below 1500cm-1,which is specific to co2. the fingerprint region of sample ir specs can be compared with database value to identify co2.
but then they asked about the fingerprint region, which made me doubt my answer to this question completely.

what did everyone put for the processes in which radicals are involved. i named photochemical smog formation and ozone depletion.

and did the very last part of the last question seem like comprehension, or was it just me?

Am I right in saying the general formula (or whatever it said) and the functional group for:

distil was -COH and Aldehyde

reflux was -COOH and Carboxylic acid?
Reply 146
Original post by KINGYusuf
Am I right in saying the general formula (or whatever it said) and the functional group for:

thats what i put - hope so!
Yes - I put that too!
Reply 148

Is that alright if I put CxHx COH and CxHx COOH rather than just functional group?I didn't read the question carefully ,omg...
Reply 149
Original post by AlbertoMerckx
I was well of the mark for this one, created an equation of C60 + 60 O2--> 60CO2 and ended up with answer of 190g xD

That's the answer I got, it makes sense
Original post by _MAT_
That's the answer I got, it makes sense

Same - I'm pretty sure 190 is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Yeah i got 190 how did everyone else get 3. Something
Original post by dansag
Yeah i got 190 how did everyone else get 3. Something

How did you do it?
few I got a little worried there, especially by the conservation of mass, How could you end up with less mass then what you started with?
How did you do it?

U have to find the moles of c60 first which is mass/M, so 51/12(60) = 0.0708 moles. Then the molar ratio of c60 to co2 is 1:60, so multiply the moles by 60 = 4.25. Then mass = moles*M, so 4.25*44= 187.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone write for the polluting effect of CO2?
For the other radical reactions, I put formation of sulphuric acid as one, and formation of nitric acid as the other mark? The biradical (*CH2OO*) reacts with SO2/NO2 which goes onto create SO3/NO3, these go onto to form their respective acids. Would that get me the marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 157
How did you do it?

C60 --> 60CO2

(Since the number of carbons is equal to the number of CO2 molecules that are made)

Work out number of moles of C60

Mole ratio 1:60 so multiply number of moles by 60 and then divide by mr and put to 2sf
Reply 158
What did everyone write for the polluting effect of CO2?

Greenhouse gas
Reply 159
Original post by AlbertoMerckx
For the other radical reactions, I put formation of sulphuric acid as one, and formation of nitric acid as the other mark? The biradical (*CH2OO*) reacts with SO2/NO2 which goes onto create SO3/NO3, these go onto to form their respective acids. Would that get me the marks?

I just did formation of SO3 and (maybe) NO3, if that's correct I'd assume the sulphuric acid and nitric acid would also be accepted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending