Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer to read History at Magdalen. Absolutely over the moon, I finished my exams last week - pretty intense English on Friday - and I'm relaxing into this endless summer. Anyone else with an offer from Magdalen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deFossard)
    I've got an offer to read History at Magdalen. Absolutely over the moon, I finished my exams last week - pretty intense English on Friday - and I'm relaxing into this endless summer. Anyone else with an offer from Magdalen?
    From the OP--

Magdalen:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=219623924721884

Lots of your fellow Magdalen freshers there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts)
    From the OP--

Magdalen:

Wahey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts)
    From the OP--

Magdalen:

More like a lot of first years with a few freshers hiding here and there. But that's always the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    My first choice was wadham, othe interview was st catz
    where's your offer from?

ReputationRep:
    2 exams left, one of them unimportant. Just need that final cram session now...
    Oh, Pembroke for History + Economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread.

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
    - if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list (courtesy of Nag o ma Scylla):
    Spoiler:
    Show

List of offer holder Facebook groups (courtesy of Cynthialf):[/U][/B]
    Hey, thank you SO much for doing these lists - huge help and WOW - I bet it took a while? But my course is French and Arabic, not French and Italian - I tried to change it but I don't know if I can do that and save it on to the original? Anyway, thank you again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy23)
    where's your offer from?
    Offer is from Wadham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
    - if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)
    Sorry, I know I've submitted a group before but this seems to where most of the classicists are: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...45531035517314. Maybe you'd like to replace it with this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Sorry, I know I've submitted a group before but this seems to where most of the classicists are: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...45531035517314. Maybe you'd like to replace it with this!
    done

ReputationRep:
    hey ^_^ i've got an offer from Univ for Earth Sciences

ReputationRep:
    Just a nose through the spreadsheet of subject/college offers. UnheardSounds, where are you? Another Magdalen Historian!

ReputationRep:
    Finished all my exams now! Playing the waiting game. Difficult to say whether I've done enough, really depends on how well History went.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharkTooth194)
    hey ^_^ i've got an offer from Univ for Earth Sciences
    Congratulations!!! :rofl3:

Have you been sitting on the offer for a while or just had it recently?

ReputationRep:
    Offer is from Wadham
    Nice (: psyched for fp2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy23)
    Nice (: psyched for fp2?
    Nope lol, I have fp1 and m4 tomorrow, fp2 thurs, chemistry fp3 and m5 on friday, then physics on monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    I got my reading list for French today and spent the morning ordering everything from Amazon (instead of doing music revision, oops). I thought I could get it all for under £50 but postage was over £30 ... then my mum came home from work and said she'd pay for them all as a birthday present (it's next week). So that was nice!

One of them is a 13th century poem. I am ridiculously excited about this.
    To be excited about something like that is so very, very Oxford XD
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    I got my reading list for French today and spent the morning ordering everything from Amazon (instead of doing music revision, oops). I thought I could get it all for under £50 but postage was over £30 ... then my mum came home from work and said she'd pay for them all as a birthday present (it's next week). So that was nice!

One of them is a 13th century poem. I am ridiculously excited about this.
    Happy birthday for next week! That is one of the few down-sides to maths & computer science: very few 13th century poems :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Happy birthday for next week! That is one of the few down-sides to maths & computer science: very few 13th century poems :/
    You can still read 13th century French poetry if you want. (You don't.) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nope lol, I have fp1 and m4 tomorrow, fp2 thurs, chemistry fp3 and m5 on friday, then physics on monday.
    Daamn how comes ur doing fp1?? Thats a whole LOAD of maths
    I just have fp2 & 3 and phys (did chem in jan)
    But my birthday is thurs so rubbish birthday
    And i dont need fp3 so not doing any work for it... Lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.