FireFreezers Thread Of Randomness!!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Ahhh well you do now :rofl: Indeed, his guilty pleasure :lol:
    Great reference:top:I bet he can't make any references half that good. Indeed but who will help him? Maybe Julian Cope and Pete Wylie as we have Mac on our side :eek: (had to Google their names XD)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Matrix thinks SassKing converted Matrix a long time ago She guesses she is a fan, since she enjoys listening to most of the songs SassKing sends her:ahee:
    Are you talking about Baby Rain?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol:

Thank you Pfft of course he can't, he's already lost I was impressed at that SassKing has Julian Cope's band - The Teardrop Explodes - first album but nothing from Pete Wylie's band - Wah!/The Mighty Wah!/Wah Heat ( the name changed a lot xD)

Spoiler:
    Show
    SassKing is glad that Matrix thinks that SassKing converted Matrix into a fan (:rofl:)
    No, I Vmd you a live performance of The Game/Lips Like Sugar

ReputationRep:
    I have to have my tea

I shall listen after... :excited:
    You SHOULD NOT have sent this - now I'm going to be all excited about listening to it throughout tea :rofl:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl:

SassKing will relink both the videos that Matrix is required to watch upon her return to the land of TSR. It is easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXw...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLtqjX6geI

(And a bonus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5xvDoQOhA)

ReputationRep:
    If I can convert matrix to liking indila
    can I convert ravioliyears to liking stromae...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    we shall see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    :lol:

Thank you Pfft of course he can't, he's already lost I was impressed at that SassKing has Julian Cope's band - The Teardrop Explodes - first album but nothing from Pete Wylie's band - Wah!/The Mighty Wah!/Wah Heat ( the name changed a lot xD)

Spoiler:
    Show
    SassKing is glad that Matrix thinks that SassKing converted Matrix into a fan (:rofl:)
    No, I Vmd you a live performance of The Game/Lips Like Sugar
    yeah, he doesn't even need to try Haha, ooh cool. :rofl: very indecisive
    Spoiler:
    Show
    XD
    Ohhh I remembered earlier today and I was searching through PMs and this thread but couldn't find it. I didn't think to look in VMs

:rofl:

SassKing will relink both the videos that Matrix is required to watch upon her return to the land of TSR. It is easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXw...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLtqjX6geI

(And a bonus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5xvDoQOhA)
    Haha, ooh thanks!
    OK so dancing horses! Definitely worth the wait and it was interesting to hear it done like that. Personally, I don't know where I stand with it. I absolutely love McCulloch's voice in it; it's so much more emotional, from the heart and passionate I think. Don't really like the music that goes with it though. Some of the guitar riffs are really cool but everything together sounds more like a disco dance track If I could listen to a track with the original music but McCulloch's voice like this... :daydreaming:

I didn't really like that version of The Game
    Lips Like Sugar was amazing though! That cool bass bit that urmm...Les (aha got the name! ) did was great and I just love Mac's voice in this :excited:

Thanks so much for the final one! I really do love Do it Clean - has to be one of my Bunnymen favourites:yep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    If I can convert matrix to liking indila
    can I convert ravioliyears to liking stromae...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    we shall see
    Ravioli is no longer on TSR :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    XD
    Ohhh I remembered earlier today and I was searching through PMs and this thread but couldn't find it. I didn't think to look in VMs
    Haha, ooh thanks!
    OK so dancing horses! Definitely worth the wait and it was interesting to hear it done like that. Personally, I don't know where I stand with it. I absolutely love McCulloch's voice in it; it's so much more emotional, from the heart and passionate I think. Don't really like the music that goes with it though. Some of the guitar riffs are really cool but everything together sounds more like a disco dance track If I could listen to a track with the original music but McCulloch's voice like this... :daydreaming:

Lips Like Sugar was amazing though! That cool bass bit that urmm...Les (aha got the name! ) did was great and I just love Mac's voice in this :excited:

Thanks so much for the final one! I really do love Do it Clean - has to be one of my Bunnymen favourites:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's a bit more rough I haven't listened to it much actually. Yeah his voice is amazing By the way, I didn't mention as I didn't think of this till afterwards Dancing Horses was recorded specifically for an 80s film - Pretty in Pink.

Fair enough I've only ever seen 2 live performances of that track.
    Yeah it's great I love all the cool extended guitar bits, awesome stuff.

They often used that song as an encore, extended it to be much longer Same with Crocodiles.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCSQk5ZvSA
    Mind-blowing!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a bit more rough I haven't listened to it much actually. Yeah his voice is amazing By the way, I didn't mention as I didn't think of this till afterwards Dancing Horses was recorded specifically for an 80s film - Pretty in Pink.

Fair enough I've only ever seen 2 live performances of that track.
    Yeah it's great I love all the cool extended guitar bits, awesome stuff.

They often used that song as an encore, extended it to be much longer Same with Crocodiles.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCSQk5ZvSA
    Mind-blowing!
    Ahh Matrix sees Ooh awesome! I'll have to look that up at some point

Ohh right
    Yeah, awesome stuff!

Cool! Yeah it sure is mind-blowing Woahhh it gets really mysterious and eerie at 4:40 when Mac starts whispering and then when Pete tops it all at 5:00! Amazing!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh Matrix sees Ooh awesome! I'll have to look that up at some point

Ohh right
    Yeah, awesome stuff!

Cool! Yeah it sure is mind-blowing Woahhh it gets really mysterious and eerie at 4:40 when Mac starts whispering and then when Pete tops it all at 5:00! Amazing!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You know they just had something as a group, they all worked together so well and they just had this 'magic'. A real presence and atmosphere, and they had an awesome attitude and looked cool to boot and of course they wrote produced some amazing music. They might not be the biggest band and they might be underrated and most people are probably unaware of them, but they had something special. I think it shows that you don't have to sell loads of records and have tons of fame etc. to be great

ReputationRep:
    You know they just had something as a group, they all worked together so well and they just had this 'magic'. A real presence and atmosphere, and they had an awesome attitude and looked cool to boot and of course they wrote produced some amazing music. They might not be the biggest band and they might be underrated and most people are probably unaware of them, but they had something special. I think it shows that you don't have to sell loads of records and have tons of fame etc. to be great
    Wow, SassKing. You are just hitting it out of the (TSR) park with that one. I think I might quote that last bit in my inspirational quote thread :mmm: when I get back from holiday though
    I definitely agree with everything you've said there:yep:
    That atmosphere must be even better live though, right? How many times have you seen them live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also, I don't think I've ever sent this...
    Matrix123

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    XD

Haha, ooh thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol i was obvs 1st to know :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Yes, I booked the tickets thank you

I understand dw
    I'm glad you like it there
    Woop! I bet you can't wait for that then!!
    No worries!

Thankyou!
    Thanks! It's a great place to be!! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, SassKing. You are just hitting it out of the (TSR) park with that one. I think I might quote that last bit in my inspirational quote thread :mmm: when I get back from holiday though
    I definitely agree with everything you've said there:yep:
    That atmosphere must be even better live though, right? How many times have you seen them live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thank you It's true though, and others think the same. I saw this comment on a Bunnymen video recently:

"The Bunnymen were simply incomparable.They will live forever because of their music - long after some of the hyped so called superbands are but a distant memory.I saw them many times in the early 80's and they moved me like no other band before or since".

A lot of people have said that seeing them live in their prime in the 80s was a life changing experience

I've only seen them twice. It's not as good as seeing them in the 80s of course, but they were still brilliant Especially at the concert I went to a while back.

In the early 80s, they had this special atmospheric stage show. Shown here, so cool

ReputationRep:
    Also, I don't think I've ever sent this...
    Matrix123

No, you haven't! Woahhhhhh :shock:
    OK, so at first I thought "wth has SassKing sent me?:lolwut:" then the guitar bit kicked in and it was "ohhh yeah, this is cool! :cool:". I don't know why but I started to find it a bit funny then he started the bit about cucumbers, cabbages and cauliflower XD His yells (?) did shock me :rofl: but overall I did like it apart from these yells, I thought it was an amazing song
    lol i was obvs 1st to know :lol:
    Hehe yup
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=66580662

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK, so at first I thought "wth has SassKing sent me?:lolwut:" then the guitar bit kicked in and it was "ohhh yeah, this is cool! :cool:". I don't know why but I started to find it a bit funny then he started the bit about cucumbers, cabbages and cauliflower XD His yells (?) did shock me :rofl: but overall I did like it apart from these yells, I thought it was an amazing song

Hehe yup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hehe yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He made lyrics that sounded daft work :lol: They were unique Yes they were yells XD Their songs also had a sort of crazy, psychedelic element to them It's insane to hear live

ReputationRep:
    Haha thank you It's true though, and others think the same. I saw this comment on a Bunnymen video recently:

"The Bunnymen were simply incomparable.They will live forever because of their music - long after some of the hyped so called superbands are but a distant memory.I saw them many times in the early 80's and they moved me like no other band before or since".

A lot of people have said that seeing them live in their prime in the 80s was a life changing experience

I've only seen them twice. It's not as good as seeing them in the 80s of course, but they were still brilliant Especially at the concert I went to a while back.

In the early 80s, they had this special atmospheric stage show. Shown here, so cool
    No worries :angel: It sure is true:yep:
    Ahhh very nicely said, random commenter :top:

I see, yes it seems like it would have been great to see them in the 80s. I don't don't know how old your dad is but did he ever manage to go to any of the 80s concerts?

Cool
    That'll probably have to be the last song I listen to tonight I only went as far as 1:30 but, yes quite atmospheric:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know...
    He made lyrics that sounded daft work :lol: They were unique Yes they were yells XD Their songs also had a sort of crazy, psychedelic element to them It's insane to hear live
    He sure did! (Imagine Satan trying to pull that off )

I do love that about them though, that he put a lot of what seemed like really meaningful things into a weird presentation in the songs and wasn't afraid to be as unique as they were. Haha, I quite like that aspect of them, but dear Lord McCulloch, I don't quite know if I'd want to imagine that specific song live :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know...

He sure did! (Imagine Satan trying to pull that off )

I do love that about them though, that he put a lot of what seemed like really meaningful things into a weird presentation in the songs and wasn't afraid to be as unique as they were. Haha, I quite like that aspect of them, but dear Lord McCulloch, I don't quite know if I'd want to imagine that specific song live :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :bawling: gon cry miself to sleep rn

ReputationRep:
    No worries :angel: It sure is true:yep:
    Ahhh very nicely said, random commenter :top:

I see, yes it seems like it would have been great to see them in the 80s. I don't don't know how old your dad is but did he ever manage to go to any of the 80s concerts?

Cool
    That'll probably have to be the last song I listen to tonight I only went as far as 1:30 but, yes quite atmospheric:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed

No He was never into them enough to go and see them live ( ). However he heard Rescue in a record shop and bought Crocodiles then and there, though he may have heard some of them on John Peel before that day.

Fair enough Yeah...

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: gon cry miself to sleep rn
    Don't cry! We shall be here :yep: btw, did you hear about Ravioli's motivational thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.