The Student Room Group

How did TSR get to be CS recruitment central?

At least for the lower grades.

It used to be [pre-pandemic], that this place mostly had threads on Fast Stream, some posts on direct award [for fast stream also rans] and a smattering of posts about random roles.

How comes TSR is now over run with threads asking about AO/EO campaigns? Are folk really final year students?
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi there,

Good question. Something I've also noticed as well.

This originally started with a few threads on roles that a few Fast Streamers were applying for alongside the direct appointment scheme. As you may have noticed there were/still are quite a few large recruitment campaigns ongoing across gov't at around the EO level.

Since then, given the general lack of specific, updated and authoritative guidance in relation to Civil Service recruitment (on pre-employment questions etc) a natural community or ecosystem has now developed on the TSR boards so much so that googling questions about CS Pre-Employment checks and CS Recruitment processes now generates quite a few TSR forums as one of the top results which is driving the traffic.

Wouldn't surprise me if the majority of individuals are not final year students but at different stages of their career/life.

Keen to hear others' thoughts though.
Reply 2
Definitely not a final year student, I’m 32 and in the Police.

When having a look through google about border force recruitment, it brought me straight here.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending