The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
painfullynumb
Ugh, I swear, I hope not everyone at uni is so unfriendly. My point was, why would I have looked into it so much if I didn't think it was any different from applying to another course? I think it's probably a good thing that some of you are working mainly with animals because you sure don't have any people skills.

How on earth can you not realise it's any different? Yes, your school may not have helped - neither did mine, I got to a bog-standard state - but, seriously, you can't blame other people for the fact you didn't look it up. All you would of had to do was search "how do you become a vet" or "i want to a vet" and voila, millions of pages with the required information.

If you really want it, you'd be reconsidering your options after careful research, instead of spouting off on an internet forum about something you don't really understand.

Also, every animal comes with a person; people skills are incredibly important.

teh internetz, serious business :poke:
^^that is pretty much what I was going to say.

all you needed to do at any point what google "becoming a vet" or similar and you would have quickly realised how competitive it is, what sort of grades you need, work experience etc. If you didn't do any research, you can't really blame other people for that now. They are people who have posted in the vet forum who have realised while at college or even uni doing another degree that they actually want to do vet sci. They have then moved the earth trying to get it. Blaming other people won't help.

People have given you realistic information, if you don't like it, don't ask for advice. If you are sure this is what you want to do, your best thing would be see what happens this year, then look at a gap year if need be to improve your application. A gap year can be a significantly better option than doing another degree first.

Finally, if you think being a vet involves only working with animals you are very wrong. Have you done any work experience at a vets at all? Cos you might notice that animals have owners...and vets actually have to talk to them. *shock horror* So since your people skills seem to be lacking, and you have managed to make two posts so far, neither of which have been friendly, I would suggest you have some work to do yourself.
Reply 22
Hi,
I'm currently doing my A-Levels in Biology Chemistry and English Lit, and applied to study veterinary medicine, but despite having an interview at Nottingham, I haven't recieved any offers. I have however, confirmed a place for bioveterinary science at the RVC so firstly, I was wondering if anyone studying that course at the RVC could tell me a bit about how they're finding it. Also, the other thing I have been considering is possibly applying to study vet med at Warsaw, Poland this year instead (as i've read about it on the IMS website.) Therefore, is anyone one studying there? And how have you found it, and what sorts of things do I have to do to apply, and would I recieve a UK student loan/ funding towards the fees?
Any advice would be much appriciated! Thanks :smile:
Zara Wood
Hi,
I'm currently doing my A-Levels in Biology Chemistry and English Lit, and applied to study veterinary medicine, but despite having an interview at Nottingham, I haven't recieved any offers. I have however, confirmed a place for bioveterinary science at the RVC so firstly, I was wondering if anyone studying that course at the RVC could tell me a bit about how they're finding it. Also, the other thing I have been considering is possibly applying to study vet med at Warsaw, Poland this year instead (as i've read about it on the IMS website.) Therefore, is anyone one studying there? And how have you found it, and what sorts of things do I have to do to apply, and would I recieve a UK student loan/ funding towards the fees?
Any advice would be much appriciated! Thanks :smile:

Hey, I study Vet Med in Kosice in Slovakia, so its not Poland, but i can tell you that you dont get any funding towards your fees :-( Applications wise, if its the same as here, which i presume it is, then you just fill out the form and off you go. However, i would have to advise you against applying through IMS as they are money robbing ****** :yep: They used to send people here but they dont anymore cos my uni refused to pay the fees they were requesting for doing a terrible job at recruiting people. I applied to this uni directly, you might not have heard about it since IMS were told to bugger off, lol, but i suggest you do they same and apply directly and avoid giving IMS any money because you really dont need to! Hope this helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending